RC poster

Question Rustler VXL Gearing

Hey everybody!
    I've had my Rusty for about a year now and i've recently moved to Egypt where it is really dang hot. summer's approaching so i need to figure out why my car gets about 5 minutes of run time on packed sand. It has a bunch of vents and even a roof intake aimed at the ESC but it still overheats. I tried to get better acceleration with the anacondas by installing an 86-tooth spur with the stock pinion. could the gearing be the problem or is it just the 45*C outside that can't be handled. I also cannot order fans and pieces because nobody delivers to Egypt faster than 2 years so...
    Yeah, can anybody please give me some advice for what i have to do?
    Thanks!

Have you checked all the bearings and rub points to make sure everything is clean? I know from running in fine sand in Hawaii that it mucks everything up and can really abrade parts. Check your bearings especially to make sure they haven't been rubbed down or packed with sand.
    As for shipping, not sure where you are from originally, but if you have friends in the US, Canadian or Brit diplomatic community you might be able to get them to use their dip bag space to bring in some small parts for you. Fans, bearings and gears don't take up much space. Also, expat teachers usually travel a lot and might be able to pick stuff up.

Try a lower tooth pinion

RC poster
    does anybody know how fast my rustler will go with the stock motor in it with a 76 tooth spur gear and a 28 tooth pinion gear?