Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash dad View Post
    So is there a final verdict ElSob? I'm assuming you've been driving it. Which do you like better n why?
    I have three God sons graduating this week. I haven't had time to run my truck. Hopefully this weekend I will have time to get some further testing done.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I have three God sons graduating this week. I haven't had time to run my truck. Hopefully this weekend I will have time to get some further testing done.
    I shouldn't be making assumptions! . Congrats to the grads.

Quote Originally Posted by Slash dad View Post
    I shouldn't be making assumptions! . Congrats to the grads.
    Thank you! One is graduating from elementary school, one from middle school and the other from High school. I am very proud of them

Well I haven't put anything new about the motor. I haven't really had time. Last week was graduations for three of my God kids, last weekend was an engagement party for my good friend. I have Saturday picked out as time to run my truck hard and see how this motor will stand up. I am taking it to the same spot where the shaft broke on the other motor. It was a fluke thing but the 5mm shaft is one of the main reasons I got this motor. So stay tuned. I may have some time today to give it a good run. If I do, I will keep you posted

I was able to give her a good run today! It was about 98 outside and I ran it hard! I had a tire come off the rim so I touched the motor. It seemed hot to me. Now I know I still need to get a heat gun. I put some sout on the can. I was expecting to see it boil and instantly disintegrate. It very slowly went away. That changed my whole tune. It did well I am getting more and more faith in the motor

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yeah you need a temp gun. I sometimes think my motor is running super hot when I touch it. But then I grab the gun and it's only 140.

I need to go to Harbor Freight Tools and grab one. That would eliminate all of the speculation.

RC Racer
    That motor can get hot quick.

Ok so I was able to take her out and run her good! I completely forgot to time the different run times with the lipos. I was able to run two complete packs and a small bit of another. It has been a long time since I have been able to run a lipo down to the LVC. So I am impressed with the 3150. It performs better than I thought it would. I was able to get some wheelies in and it didn't get too warm. One thing I did notice, it does not like to loose traction! Where I was running there was a lot of small gravel on the ground. For a while I had a few teenagers watching me run the truck. Audience spells run it harder than you normally do I started power sliding around and getting huge rooster tails. I noticed the motor got warmer. When the kids left I was driving nicer and the motor cooled down extremely fast. I am liking the motor more and more. It's not the El Sob special motor but it is working

RC Champion
    Sweet! Was the et2400 giving you problems?
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Sweet! Was the et2400 giving you problems?
    The shaft broke on it. I tried to glue it back together but it was to no avail. So I decided to give the 3150 a shot. So far so good

RC Champion
    The shaft broke on it. I tried to glue it back together but it was to no avail. So I decided to give the 3150 a shot. So far so good
    Were you on 4s.... I don't wanna be concerned about mine on 3s.
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Were you on 4s.... I don't wanna be concerned about mine on 3s.
    I don't run 4s anymore. It was on a 3s run. Nothing special. No pebbles or debris in the area where the gears are. It just lost all power to,the wheels. I thought I stripped a spur.

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    dont bother supergluing rc parts. it wont work. My friend tried to superglue his axle. didnt work.
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

Quote Originally Posted by Jelle318 View Post
    dont bother supergluing rc parts. it wont work. My friend tried to superglue his axle. didnt work.
    That's not exactly true. I have glued a chassis, a arms, rear hub carriers, shock tower's and a few other parts successfully.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's not exactly true. I have glued a chassis, a arms, rear hub carriers, shock tower's and a few other parts successfully.
    Yeah. El Sob super glued the whole front of his chassis back on. It held up for like 3 weeks (right?). The only reason he changed it is because we were bugging him to switch to his new black one.

Quote Originally Posted by matts175 View Post
    Yeah. El Sob super glued the whole front of his chassis back on. It held up for like 3 weeks (right?). The only reason he changed it is because we were bugging him to switch to his new black one.
    Yup it held up nicely. If it hadn't been for the new dyed chassis I would be still using it. Super Glue Professional Liquid is some great stuff

I was able to get another El Sob special motor with the help of a fellow forum member! So I have changed my signature to show it! So I got to the Hobbytown USA to get a new pinion gear. All they had was a 17. So I am currently geared 17/50. Yesterday I ran my truck HARD! I never did go buy a temperature gun, but there was one need to. Geared 17/50 with the dual fan heatsink the motor got above the temperature of my hand! I got back to thinking, I have a good idea of how the motor shaft on the old motor broke. I had hooked my truck to a Radial Flier red wagon. I thought it would be a good idea to show off to my friends by having it pull me! So I am decently sure that is what let to its demise lol

El Sob is back to running an El Sob special....yaay!!!! All is right in the RC world again!! lol!!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

I have to thank you as well El Sob, on your recommendation I also purchased a bottle of pro grade super glue.
    Wow, I went out the next day and bought another for the shelf if I ran out at an opportune time.
    Some seriously good stuff.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12