Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Racer

That Awkward Moment... Traxxas RC Edition

saw a thread on urc and thought it would be a good idea to make one here too.

Post your awkward moments involving traxxas rc's on this thread.

Ex: That awkward moment when you forget to screw in you motor to your transmition and strip a spur.
    That awkward moment when a young child asks to drive it

I Let a friend borrow my rustler but when I changed the pinion I didn't set the gear mesh and the gears weren't engaged.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

No exactly my moment, but it fits...

A few years back, before the day of the 2.4ghz radio, a bunch of us would bring our RCs to work a couple of days a week and have bash sessions at lunch. We all were very good about making sure we were not on someone else's frequency. Another coworker decided he would join the fun and bought a Revo, but had no idea about crystals and checking frequencies before turning on his radio.

Well, one guy had a 1/7 scale Cen nitro monster truck, he had just started it and it was idling at his feet. Suddenly it takes off across the parking lot, hits a curb and goes into a ditch that was full of water (it was before the day of waterproof RCs as well), the only thing sticking out of the water was the antenna. The whole time it was ripping across the parking lot we were yelling, "Who just turned on their radio?" The new guy, not connecting his radio to the havoc that was taking place just waved his had and did not think that he needed to turn it off.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Had bunch of family membres over and my son and I wanted to show how strong our new toys were.

Within five minutes the fun was over. My two sons managed to break the two 2wd pedes at the skate parks to the point that they needed new ordeed parts. The rest of the familywerenot convinced of ournew fond hobby. Two years and a half later its a different story.

Or when you have driven to a spot about 40km from and your sons asks where is the radio. Doh....lol forgot on the table.
    Last edited by Jezza; 06-02-2015 at 03:43 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

Had my ailerons reversed on a new airplane once. Maiden flight lasted just long enough for some choice words to be uttered. Thankfully it was going slow when it hit so the damage wasn't TOO bad. Everyone at the field had a good laugh at my expense that day.

RC Qualifier
    I go to the park today and start getting my truck ready to bash, while chatting to the group of people gathering around. I'm talking about its top speed and power, battery, and all its upgrades, and the moment I hit the throttle, it brakes a driveshaft yoke. The truck doesn't move an inch! People started asking what's up? I was so embarrassed! Lol.
    Mr nitro? Not since going brushless!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nitro View Post
    I go to the park today and start getting my truck ready to bash, while chatting to the group of people gathering around. I'm talking about its top speed and power, battery, and all its upgrades, and the moment I hit the throttle, it brakes a driveshaft yoke. The truck doesn't move an inch! People started asking what's up? I was so embarrassed! Lol.
    It did have power or what??
    I am better than you!!

I have to say, it's probably when 5 year old kids ask to drive them, so you try to put it nicely that there not aloud but they just keep pestering you. As well as when they just chase it and try to pick it up.
    Two stroke smoke

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ant12hony View Post
    It did have power or what??
    Oh it had power, but no driveshaft to spin the tires. (2wd) You could only hear the motor spinning.
    Last edited by Mr.Nitro; 06-02-2015 at 08:13 PM.
    Mr nitro? Not since going brushless!

Driving through your parents GLASS sliding door There went my allowance!
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

I was breaking my revo in and while I let it cool down I was going to work on my stampede 4x4. I left all the parts at home. And when I did geet it close enough to put back together I went to show it to someone who was interested as they walked by and I couldnt stop rolling it over without the wheelie bar.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon_4 View Post
    I have to say, it's probably when 5 year old kids ask to drive them, so you try to put it nicely that there not aloud but they just keep pestering you. As well as when they just chase it and try to pick it up.
    Lol I have this issue with my little cousins all the time...

RC Racer
    Yup. When i was a kid my uncle had a sweet t maxx. (Or some nitro monster truck) and i wanted to drive it soooooo bad. He said no. I was really sad but i totaly understand it now and heck, hes the one who got me in to rc 5 years ago

When I was a newbie and before having a throttle return spring installed. I went to start up my TMAXX with the EZ start.

Turned on my transmitter,
    Put on my easy start and it fired right up... Full Throttle!!!!!! Went 3/4 of a block and into the bushes still screaming away...

Probably would have helped if I TURNED ON MY RECEIVER!!!!!

Just picture a grown adult with an transmitter and EZ start in his hands, His jaw down to the floor with probably the most stupid look on his face as I had no clue my receiver was off and was trying like you know what to control my out of control TMAXX....

When I got it turned off and popped the lid I definitely felt pretty dumb.... First and last time that ever happened.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 06-03-2015 at 10:42 AM.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

+1 to Nitro.

Having a runaway for any reason is about the worst feeling in the world. Everyone around knows it when it happens and the person sprinting across the field / parking lot / whatever is easily identified as the victim.

The distinct scream they make as the engine over-revs, overheats and destroys itself is unmistakable.

Learned I had a range issue with one of my 1/16 when I was doing a speed run. Lost range and it rolled right in to a ditch (about three feet of water) yay me!

Those are my favorite stories.

Turned the car on.
    It ran away.
    Forgot about the controller.

RC Qualifier
    Having a nitro car start it up and the batteries in the remote died right after so the car took off

I understand the nitro taking off situation, mine is when the batteries in my controller died when driving my pede and it crashed in the sidewalk.
    Monster Energy & F-150 Raptor, Teton, Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    That awkward moment when you think a thread is going to be really popular but then its not.

When you buy 4 new tires and 3 of them are for the right side of the car.

When you lose something on your work bench but you know you had it 2 seconds ago.

When you completely take apart your car, I mean, like, everything. Then you put it back together, and have one left over screw and can't figure out where it came from...
    Two stroke smoke

Where the corn grows and the winter snows
    That moment when your fancy new charger isn't pulling any amps and then you realize your battery is done charging... *Facepalm*
    I'm not cheating! I'm just using my resources!

RC Qualifier
    When you go to your speed run spot and forget something to mount the GPS to the car.
    God's Not Dead

RC Racer
    When you strip any screw...

RC Qualifier
    I run all nitro. I went to my normal bash spot with 3 trucks n tools. Only to realize I forgot my fuel.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

When you go to show off your revo at the track for the first time and it won't start.

When your doing speed runs, and you turn to sharp, sending your car cartwheeling into a stop sign. And as its hits the stop sign, it makes this terrible noise, that sounds like to 747's colliding into eachother....
    Two stroke smoke

RC Racer
    When you drive 45mins to the LHS and they are out of stock of front a arms which is the only reason you went there

RC Racer
    when you go to a park to drive the car with your cousin. you decide just to drive it to the bash spot, and the minute you get there you realize you forgot your fuel and your car runs out of fuel. Then the carry of shame back to your car to get the fuel you should have carried with you in the first place.
    OR
    bringing a full bottle of fuel, starter, car, transmitter and walking a 1/4 mile driving the car to a school parking lot for speed runs then blowing out a glow plug right when you get to the parking lot and all your spares are back at your place. (I have done this 3 times now).
    Hi Ho Silver Away

Quote Originally Posted by KoopDogg View Post
    When you drive 45mins to the LHS and they are out of stock of front a arms which is the only reason you went there
    Oh I've been there...

RC poster
    when you buy a used/first time traxxas.
    battery is not charged/then you run it 2 times a wheel falls off,bacause of a nut that has lost its locking tab capability.

When you are on the podium and thanking everybody at a race and you have a HUGE voice crack...

RC Racer
    When your driving on a sidewalk/parking lot and a person/car comes around the corner and you freak out and spin the car all the way back to saftey

When your doing speed runs at a campground with your mini summit and the tires ballon so much you can't keep it in a straight line so it shoots off into the trees, into someone's campsite, scaring the crap out of them, then you feel really bad..
    Two stroke smoke

RC Racer
    When your doing speed runs at a campground with your mini summit and the tires ballon so much you can't keep it in a straight line so it shoots off into the trees, into someone's campsite, scaring the crap out of them, then you feel really bad..
    Thats rough. I did that except it was a backyard...

When you let your little brother use your car, and he flips it over on the neighborhood street while a car is speeding.

RC Qualifier
    When you give your e-muggy to your little cousin on 2s Lipo and tell him not to hit anything, and he drives it full speed (25mph) into your house and breaks the e-muggy, which I have never broken but bashed HARD!

RC Racer
    When you glue on paddle tires and later that night notice you put one of the tires on facing the same way as the other tire.

When you are trimming plastic off an a-arm and cut your thumb deep enough to need stitches.

Then 6 hours later you start trimming away on the same a-arm and cut your pointer finger......again needing stitches. DOH!
    R/C Sith Lord

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast