Thread: 1/16 camaro

RC Racer

1/16 camaro

I have the opportunity to pick up a new in box sixteenth scale camaro. What is it worth? Im thinking of getting it and selling it to fund a full scale erevo. Any help would be great.

RC Champion
    Don't know the value.
    What year is the camaro

RC Racer
    As in what year is the Camaro body style. After or what year is the Traxxas product produced

RC Champion
    Sorry. Meant the body style.
    I think the 1/16 rally's been out of production for a bit now.

RC Racer
    Oh it is the monster 69 camaro. Yes it is out of production. It looks like it was the rally with a limited edition body and wheels. Has am radio and titan motor. Still has the plastic wrap on the bpx never opened.

RC Champion
    Cool. I don't know how ppl can do that.
    I have a car guy friend has a Revell model of a 69 Camaro convertible and a hot wheels 69 Camaro convertible with redline tires in the original box unopened. He bought then when he bought his BB 69 Camaro new. He still has them all today.

RC Racer
    Yeah I know I have to get rid of it quickly or I will want to open it and run it.

Maybe $250 or $300 if you find someone who really wants it, I would run it though (no self control)

RC Racer
    Well I was able to get it and write reasonably. I have been trying to sell it for a profit to fund a erbe. I'm really considering opening it getting a nba body some new wheels and running it. I'm mean as a softer it is already set up perfect. It has the titan which can be pulled and then it is a dip in for a tenth scale motor with unreasonable power output for drifting like a pro. And I did get it X-Ray ed today. Check out the photo.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6owrce2tnb...43104.jpg?dl=0

RC Racer
    I just picked up a couple more camaros but these were opened and previously enjoyed so now I get to enjoy them. Iv started by pulling out the titan and replacing it with a 5700kv castle 1/10 scale and sidewinder 2 esc. Man oh man does it donut quickly. What tires are recommended for drifting. Also what gear ing is good for drifting.?

RC Champion
    I run the smallest pinion and largest spur with tranny flip on 3S. For tires, I used my burnt off tires from the nitro 4 tec.
    Center diff and gyro make a world of difference.

RC Racer
    I thought tranny flip took of top end and gave more torque? I already can't keep traction.

RC Champion
    Breaking the tires loose on demand is a main criteria for drifting. You don't need too much speed for it.

RC Racer
    I still think I need more traction. Maybe better tires. In talking I got very little traction

RC Champion
    What tires and surface r u drifting on?

RC Racer
    Concrete street. Stock camaro tires.

RC Champion
    Not sure what the stock camaro tires look like. This is what I use. I have tried the HPI vintage drift tires and I found they have too much grip. Car goes high side into a WOT drift.

RC Racer
    The stock tires are hard to the touch and they are slick. No pattern at all. Like driving on ice. I'm thinking about getting the hpi x pattern. What tires are on yours?

RC Champion
    They are from my Nitro 4 tec. Not sure what the HPI x pattern are like. If they are anything like the vintage drift, I think they are too grippy.