RC Enthusiast

Just picked up a Slayer Pro...

A Well I was at the local hobby store on Monday picking out some tires for my Revo build and I got a great deal on a slayer pro. I've been looking at one for a while, my son has a nitro slash and its a blast.
    I did the engine break in yesterday and I just finished a two hour bash session and there was no broken parts, I'll be honest I'm generally rough on anything with a motor.
    So this is a rocket for sure, I'm very impressed with the acceleration and the traction off road, it handles jumps well and is easy to control pitch in the air.
    The body and bumpers do a great job at protecting vital parts in the numerous roll overs I inflicted on her.
    The only thing I plan on changing is the suspension set up it's got a lot of body roll, maybe different shock oil and springs?

All in all I'm very impressed with the whole package from Traxxas, the gearing seems perfect and it's a blast to just punch it from stand still and watch it fight for traction��
    The durability is quite impressive, I won't be beating it up all the time but it cool to know what it can take.

Sway bar will be a good upgrade it will help lessen the roll over, set your ride height low just enough to clear small bumps, I have 60 front 50 rear shock oil and I like it with my style of driving. Goodluck!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rigelkent09 View Post
    Sway bar will be a good upgrade it will help lessen the roll over, set your ride height low just enough to clear small bumps, I have 60 front 50 rear shock oil and I like it with my style of driving. Goodluck!
    Thanks
    I'll lower the ride height, I had it set kind of high for playing around. I just put in 40wt tonight (all I had) I'll see how that goes. Out of curiosity will the sway bar kit affect suspension travel for occasional jumping?
    Last edited by Klipper; 06-03-2015 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klipper View Post
    Out of curiosity will the sway bar kit affect suspension travel for occasional jumping?
    No. I haven't noted it in my Revo.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    No. I haven't noted it in my Revo.
    Thanks Double D, I was wondering about my Revo as well but I thought for sure it would hinder large amounts of suspension travel. If they don't have a negative effect on the revo I'll try it on the slayer and possibly try on my revo later on.

RC Enthusiast
    Make sure you get this kit

Traxxas 5498
    Revo P26 T-Maxx P26RD T-Maxx TRX3.3 Slayer TRX3.3

RC Enthusiast
    The one for the slayer comes with really thin bars that don't do much.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the link Tronfrom218!
    I ordered the tekno kit online since the local store didn't have them in stock, hopefully they will work

I prefer the Tekno as everything is over the shocks and you don't need to drill the rockers to install.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    I didn't want to start a new thread for this but I broke two drive shafts today (driver abuse) I could have sworn some where I heard that summit drive shafts work if you cut them down? Or could some recommend me a set that are durable.

Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Yes the summit axels work very well! Never one problem with them even with a big block

Revo axels will work too, they are cheaper but not as strong.

RC Enthusiast

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks again for the info.
    I have a new and used set of revo shafts maybe I'll try some thing.

RC Enthusiast
    Just make sure to cut them long. I left a 1/4 inch of play but wanted as much of the shafts together as possible.