RC poster

Need Help Trying to Calibrate VXL-3s

So I purchased a new transmitter today and installed it into my Stampede 4x4. It's a Spektrum DX4C with the SR410. I was able to bind the radio to the receiver just fine. But when I try to calibrate the ESC the Velineon VXL 3s I just cant seem to get it to work. Ill put the ESC into calibration mode just fine I get through each step with full throttle and full brake but after the calibration is complete is just blinks green. From the instructions I see that its indicating that the transmitter throttle trim is incorrectly set but I just cant seem to figure it out. I've tried setting the Travel throttle to 150%. I've reset the remote to factory settings. I've read in the instructions that You need to set the High ATV or EPA to maximum and the Low ATV, EPA, or ATL to maximum settings but I just don't know what these settings are on the remote. I'm new to the world of RC FYI. Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmachine View Post
    So I purchased a new transmitter today and installed it into my Stampede 4x4. It's a Spektrum DX4C with the SR410. I was able to bind the radio to the receiver just fine. But when I try to calibrate the ESC the Velineon VXL 3s I just cant seem to get it to work. Ill put the ESC into calibration mode just fine I get through each step with full throttle and full brake but after the calibration is complete is just blinks green. From the instructions I see that its indicating that the transmitter throttle trim is incorrectly set but I just cant seem to figure it out. I've tried setting the Travel throttle to 150%. I've reset the remote to factory settings. I've read in the instructions that You need to set the High ATV or EPA to maximum and the Low ATV, EPA, or ATL to maximum settings but I just don't know what these settings are on the remote. I'm new to the world of RC FYI. Thanks
    Ok first thin did you mean srs4210 receiver. As far as calibrating all I did was put bind plug in bind port turn on rx then tx then bind when you bind them your doing the foward then reverse then right steer then left steer. You have switches around the steer wheel B is to trim the throttle and C is to trim the steer. Make sure those are centered you'll know cause it'll give a different tone. And for travel I just set the steer and throttle to 100% I did all this before I binded the tx to rx. I did this on the vxl system cause I was having problems with my SW8 at the time

Edit: make sure your esc is in the throttle slot of rx it's different then the traxxas rx. Spektrum is steer throttle then ch1 and ch2. Not like the traxxas steer then empty slot then throttle
    Last edited by Er33; 01-06-2015 at 12:20 AM.

RC poster
    I mean the SR410 its the lower end receiver for the dx4c. I didn't know there was different receivers for the radio otherwise i would have got the 4210. As far as I know the 410 does not have the AVC so it does not require the throttle and reverse set up while binding. I attempted to bind doing this method but it never worked because of the receiver doesn't have AVC. All the settings were straight out of the box so everything was set to neutral. All trims are set to the neutral position. I even tried to switch the ESC plug to the steering position on the receiver and attempted to calibrate the ESC using the turning but it still did the same thing. Just kept blinking green after calibration was complete. Steering works fine just cant get throttle to work due to calibration.

Last edited by Deathmachine; 01-06-2015 at 12:39 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmachine View Post
    I mean the SR410 its the lower end receiver for the dx4c. I didn't know there was different receivers for the radio otherwise i would have got the 4210. As far as I know the 410 does not have the AVC so it does not require the throttle and reverse set up while binding. I attempted to bind doing this method but it never worked because of the receiver doesn't have AVC. All the settings were straight out of the box so everything was set to neutral. All trims are set to the neutral position. I even tried to switch the ESC plug to the steering position on the receiver and attempted to calibrate the ESC using the turning but it still did the same thing. Just kept blinking green after calibration was complete. Steering works fine just cant get throttle to work due to calibration.

Try to set the throttle trim down a few notches you know the setting on the main screen. I forgot I had same thing with mine it's the srs4210 after turning trim down and recalibrating it worked. This may or may not be your problem. If it doesn't work give horizon hobby a call I dunno if traxxas can help you since its a different tx/rx setup

Mine came with 2 srs4210. Horizon had a special buy a tx get same rx for free and it already came srs4210.

RC poster
    I had the same problem. On the SPEKTRUM dx4c go to bind mode,go down to where it says DSMR. Mine was on 22ms and changed it to 11ms then in rebinded and it worked and the ecs stayed green. Let me know if that worked.

RC poster
    Thanks Mark, I had the same problem except mine was at 16.5ms. I had tried both DX4C and Traxxas manuals with no success. Not sure that Er33 is a RC Champion as an SRS4210 is obviously not the same as an SR410 as per Deathmachine's original question.