Alfredmadere

Wink Best story with your slash, share stories of things you have done with your slash

I haven't seen a threat like this yet so i though i might just make one Ok so this is sorta like what did you do with your slash today but instead it's: what is the coolest thing you ever did with you slash.

also tell a story about your slash, like describe a race or something like that. lol sorry this is so cheesy but i thought it might be cool. so start writing! (tall tales mostly are aloud) lol

i gtg but when i come back i'll share a story, bye!

When you are racing and uproaching the jumps, have perfect landings while it glides (remark glides....every body roars wow) into the air flawlessly and lands and carries on full speed is just a site, even better when you catch it on video.

I like the parachuting effect of the sct body sometimes, it alsmost gives that slow motion movement...then their is the power slide when it takes the corners, you almost can feel that you are some how inside that little truck...the roar and acceleration of the engine, is just music to the ear....as it buzzes accross, in twine with other trucks running alongside.

When you are doing speed runs and that moment when the adronolyne just kicks in, you are in controll but not really, that last zest of exhilirating power, almost feel like the truck is going to fly and hope it will not hit any one or crash anywhere, speed thrills without beign inside...
    Last edited by Jezza; 06-16-2015 at 09:08 AM.
    Live life to the fullest

Alfredmadere
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    When you are racing and uproaching the jumps, have perfect landings while it glides (remark glides....every body roars wow) into the air flawlessly and lands and carries on full speed is just a site, even better when you catch it on video.

I like the parachuting effect of the sct body sometimes, it alsmost gives that slow motion movement...then their is the power slide when it takes the corners, you almost can feel that you are some how inside that little truck...the roar and acceleration of the engine, is just music to the ear....as it buzzes accross, in twine with other trucks running alongside.

When you are doing speed runs and that moment when the adronolyne just kicks in, you are in controll but not really, that last zest of exhilirating power, almost feel like the truck is going to fly and hope it will not hit any one or crash anywhere, speed thrills without beign inside...
    awesome, you should be a writer lol i'm kidding, rc much more fun

Well one day at band camp....... Just kidding. Looking forward to read some cool tales of the Slash.

My first tale was after a race, everyone is packing all their stuff up and I had a charged battery so I decided to throw it on the track. I run ten flawless laps and I am in the groove. Not noticing anything around me and after another five laps I decide to pull it off and then noticed all the racer's were standing around the track. Just watching and a few were saying... I forgot how quiet those Traxxas's are. Also they were commenting on how I didn't crash or flip once. Made me feel welcomed to the track.

Then there's the neighbor's little dog named Hudson. Hudson is a little gray dog very nice and all that. One day I had my truck out in the parking lot and the owner of Hudson brought him over to see what he would do. Hudson would stay right besides the truck and walk around with it like it was walking him. Just like a dog show. We had some neighbors watching and we all had a good laugh that day.

Keep them coming!!

Alfredmadere
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmogman View Post
    Well one day at band camp....... Just kidding. Looking forward to read some cool tales of the Slash.

My first tale was after a race, everyone is packing all their stuff up and I had a charged battery so I decided to throw it on the track. I run ten flawless laps and I am in the groove. Not noticing anything around me and after another five laps I decide to pull it off and then noticed all the racer's were standing around the track. Just watching and a few were saying... I forgot how quiet those Traxxas's are. Also they were commenting on how I didn't crash or flip once. Made me feel welcomed to the track.

Then there's the neighbor's little dog named Hudson. Hudson is a little gray dog very nice and all that. One day I had my truck out in the parking lot and the owner of Hudson brought him over to see what he would do. Hudson would stay right besides the truck and walk around with it like it was walking him. Just like a dog show. We had some neighbors watching and we all had a good laugh that day.

Keep them coming!!
    lol my dog is mortaly afraid of my truck

Alfredmadere
    Ok so i was in the street in front of my house setting up some cones when a construction worker walks over and asks me where i got the car and how much it was... you know all the stuff that people normally ask. well 3 weeks later he was working on one of my neighbors houses and he had the same truck, same model and everything. it was so funny we bashed for a bit but then his boss or someone got all mad at him and started yelling at him in spanish... it was too bad. never saw him again. lol it was funny though.

another time when i had my 1/16 erevo i took a massive jump at the bike park and landed in the bed of a truck, full sized truck it was really funny. lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Here's my best story: https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...drifting-tires!!!

I only left it like that for one day, but it was pretty cool.

Well one day at band camp......
    I literally LOL'd at that.

RC Racer
    I pulled my three girls around with my et-s3/2400kv powered machine. We drove around for about 20 min and the temps were still way lower than a typical bash session. . I was super impressed and my girls now absolutely love "daddy's truck".

Teton-The Mini Monstrosity
    Slash-Project "SR-71"

Alfredmadere
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottydoesntknow View Post
    I pulled my three girls around with my et-s3/2400kv powered machine. We drove around for about 20 min and the temps were still way lower than a typical bash session. . I was super impressed and my girls now absolutely love "daddy's truck".

that worked?? wow that's awesome! how fast did you go?

RC Qualifier
    So my stepson and I are just cruising our trucks along the back streets of Colon (Small Town CR)...... I am concentrating on my driving when all of a sudden I hear a "Gasp".......followed by "OMG!" I stop and look over to where he was driving and don't see his truck. I quickly scan all the nearby bushes and nothing. I look at him and he staring right at me like he might cry (Almost 10)........ "What?" I ask.... He says "It's gone....disappeared" (Broken English). "Huh?"..... he could not explain but just starts walking up the road. 20 meters later I see it (Bad eyes for me)....... A HUGE HOLE in the road! Sewer drain not covered up .............

Needless to say it was kinda of a nasty situation but we all made it home OK

We are still laughing about it regularly..........

Not about a slash but when I was breaking in my revo I had a police officer, another rc car guy, the American legion president, and a quadcopter guy all stop by. They were all pretty impressed.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

Alfredmadere
    Quote Originally Posted by CRSlash View Post
    So my stepson and I are just cruising our trucks along the back streets of Colon (Small Town CR)...... I am concentrating on my driving when all of a sudden I hear a "Gasp".......followed by "OMG!" I stop and look over to where he was driving and don't see his truck. I quickly scan all the nearby bushes and nothing. I look at him and he staring right at me like he might cry (Almost 10)........ "What?" I ask.... He says "It's gone....disappeared" (Broken English). "Huh?"..... he could not explain but just starts walking up the road. 20 meters later I see it (Bad eyes for me)....... A HUGE HOLE in the road! Sewer drain not covered up .............

Needless to say it was kinda of a nasty situation but we all made it home OK

We are still laughing about it regularly..........
    nasty!! that happened to me once but i got mine out with a fishing net lol

RC Racer
    I kept it slow, but ya it worked great! If it wasn't my kids in there It could definately go quite fast. Lol once it's rolling, there is not much effort involved. The three girls combined would be just over 100lbs.
    Slash-Project "SR-71"

Alfredmadere
    I kept it slow, but ya it worked great! If it wasn't my kids in there It could definately go quite fast. Lol once it's rolling, there is not much effort involved. The three girls combined would be just over 100lbs.
    that's awesome! how did you stop them once they were going? just brakes?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredmadere View Post
    that's awesome! how did you stop them once they were going? just brakes?
    Yeah I slowly let off the throttle and lightly pumped the brakes. Everything was smooth and slowly done. There is no way to stop that much rolling weight with a 6 lb slash lol.
    Slash-Project "SR-71"

Alfredmadere
    Yeah I slowly let off the throttle and lightly pumped the brakes. Everything was smooth and slowly done. There is no way to stop that much rolling weight with a 6 lb slash lol.
    ha yeah need to make this massage longer or it wont let me post it lol

RC Racer
    ha yeah need to make this massage longer or it wont let me post it lol
    What do you mean,?
    Slash-Project "SR-71"

Alfredmadere
    well i just wanted to say "ha yeah" but it wont let you post anything under like 15 letters so i had to type random stuff

I love pulling with my Slash 4x4! These two beautiful princesses love taking it for a spin
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

I think one of my best stories is I was at my old bash spot. A guy with an Audi TT coup. He said it was fast but nothing on his " real " car! I said," You want to put something on it? " He said I got dub ( $20.00 )! We had a neutral person hold the money. Set the start and end points and got ready to drag! I pulled up to the line with complete confidence. He must have really over estimated the power and speed of my rc because he didn't Rev his engine at all. When we got the light I was off like a flash! When we reached the agreed finish line I had six of his car, car lengths on him! He was very upset that he had lost a drag race to a " TOY " truck! Everyone who was watching gave him a hard time so he soon left.

Alfredmadere
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I think one of my best stories is I was at my old bash spot. A guy with an Audi TT coup. He said it was fast but nothing on his " real " car! I said," You want to put something on it? " He said I got dub ( $20.00 )! We had a neutral person hold the money. Set the start and end points and got ready to drag! I pulled up to the line with complete confidence. He must have really over estimated the power and speed of my rc because he didn't Rev his engine at all. When we got the light I was off like a flash! When we reached the agreed finish line I had six of his car, car lengths on him! He was very upset that he had lost a drag race to a " TOY " truck! Everyone who was watching gave him a hard time so he soon left.
    lol, i really like that story, i must say.

lol, i really like that story, i must say.
    Thank you! That was a very good day! It was probably the easiest $20.00 that I ever made. The power to weigh ratio of these trucks is ridiculous!

RC Qualifier
    Thank you! That was a very good day! It was probably the easiest $20.00 that I ever made. The power to weigh ratio of these trucks is ridiculous!
    How long was the drag strip y'all set up?

I had a Yamaha quad interested in the truck. Was about to race me till he saw me run a wheelie the length of the street
    Last edited by Jrc121; 06-16-2015 at 08:28 PM.
    Bashing Slash ultimate, 2 minis, and 5B

Alfredmadere
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrc121 View Post

I had a Yamaha quad interested in the truck. Was about to race me till he saw me run a wheelie the length of the street
    ha ha lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jrc121 View Post

As a guess I'd say it was between seventy-five and one-hundred yards long. It was a nice drag strip. He didn't stand a chance. I have also beat motorcycle's

Alfredmadere
    As a guess I'd say it was between seventy-five and one-hundred yards long. It was a nice drag strip. He didn't stand a chance. I have also beat motorcycle's
    wow nice! lol the only stuff i have raced is a few people on bikes and electric scooters

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    hey El sob, thats how you can earn a ton of money!!! great story
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

RC Racer
    Raced a guy with a Kawasaki Ninja. Both uf us went by the police with far more than 100kph in a 50kph zone. Won the race. Guy on the motorcycle got pulled over.

And I have it on video

Go to 1:05 for the scene:

RC poster

Talking

My friends and I are relatively new to the RC world... but I have one story to share! The short version is... the one friend who got two us intrigued enough to buy couple new Slash Ultimates had to update his truck to keep up... which was no problem... we chipped in and did a team contribution. After some initial updates... mainly a new Lexcon body... painted blue... we took it out for a run! Looked awesome!! I decided to try filming it with my cell phone... after setting it to HD and setting myself by the big jump... we were ready! This video is what we got...

Had trouble posting video... I think I figured it out!! :-)
    Last edited by Misko; 06-22-2015 at 09:56 AM.