Thread: Rally to SST

RC Racer

Rally to SST

I really like the Latrax SST and was wondering what it would take to turn my Latrax Rally in to a SST. I feal that I would use it more often than my rally that just sits on my shelf waiting to be used again. Please leave feedback on what is needed to convert a Latrax Rally into a Latrax SST. Thanks for the information and have a great day!

RC Racer
    The list of what's the same is shorter:
    electronics
    hardware
    diff housings
    diff spiders and outdrives
    suspension pins
    front hubs
    steering linkage

It'd be a big build to go from the rally to the SST. The chassis, top deck, and center shaft are also different than the Teton.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm pretty sure chassis is the same

RC Enthusiast
    Im also trying to turn my rally to a more off-road oriented rc, I think off-road would be more fun

RC Enthusiast
    Did you manage to do it?

RC Racer
    I have not done it yet. After thinking about it for a while, it is best to just buy a SST. The bigest thing is that those screws won't hold up very well after all of the changing of them and what not. It is not a car that is to terribly expensive either, so I think it is best to get a SST if you want one.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah, you're probably right. I went ahead and tried it. Turns out the chassis is different, huh. So did you buy the SST? Does it perform better than the Rally?

RC Racer
    I have not bought the SST yet. I am comparing it to other cars in its class, to see what I want to buy. I love that the SST looks similar to a mini slash, and its a great looking car. There is plenty of aftermarket parts available for it as well. I really think its a great car to get and build up, as well as out of the box. I am currently comparing it to the HPI MINI RECON, and the new 1/14-Scale RTR 4WD Desert Truck (I do realize that this is a 1/14 and I am comparing it to a 1/18, but they are still very similar. It is a little larger, but still has some of the same characteristics.) I am leaning towards the SST right now simply because it is traxxas, and I have worked on my Rally a lot and I am familiar with the platform. At the moment, I think that the SST is the best choice at this moment.