RC poster

Velineon VXL-3s problems

Ok. I've had my Slash 4x4 for a few years now and my esc has never worked quite right. anytime I'm driving my truck when i take it to a complete stop it will not go forward or backward. When I hit the gas on the remote the esc just beeps. Or is it the reciever? I constantly have to give it a push to get it to give the wheels power again. Why does it do this? How do i fix it?

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

If I were you I would Rebind the transmitter to the receiver and the esc. That way you know you have a strong connection between your electronics.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    yes, the receiver and transmitter loses connection over time. its normal.
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelle318 View Post
    yes, the receiver and transmitter loses connection over time. its normal.
    well, i know it isnt loosing connection though, because the steering still works.

Welcome to the Traxxas forums!

If your ESC has "never worked quite right," you should have returned it while it was still under warranty.
    Regardless, you should call Traxxas support (888-TRAXXAS). They should be able to help you out.

Good luck and let us know what they said and if it worked!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    I had the same issue on my 4x4 slash, after looking for help everywhere I decided to reverse diagnose the issue myself, I took the motor off the mount and left it hooked up to ecu, it still just beeps. I then decided to take the motor apart and found the bearings were bad, this can be caused by heavy breaking. I thought well they should be made to handle all and any thing. But I guess they don't. Any how a rebuild kit for the motor is about $12 bucks. It fixed my issue I'll upload a video with the bearings to show you how bad they were. That way is smart it knew something was wrong. Even this the motor spun nicely when turned by hand.

RC poster
    That ECU * is smart
    https://youtu.be/NcjIVIZriF8