RC Qualifier

Battery suggestions

Just bought my wife a Stampede 4x4 VXL for her birthday. Looking to get a couple batteries. Not sure if I want 2s or 3s. I do want more run time than the stock 3000mah nimh battery! Maybe a bit more power too. I do not want anything crazy at this point. What are some good high mah and good c rated batteries that will fit? I do not mind purchasing a battery extension kit. I think I prefer hard case.

I am no stranger to what high power will do! I run a 2650kv 1/8 scale motor on 4s in my slash 4x4, and my son runs a 2400kv on 3s in his slash 4x4.

Try the spc 7200mah 70c batteries. I have both 2s and 3s. For a stock setup i suggest stick with 2s. Btw. I have the 2650kv on 4s in my rally. It's a blast.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    Try the spc 7200mah 70c batteries. I have both 2s and 3s. For a stock setup i suggest stick with 2s. Btw. I have the 2650kv on 4s in my rally. It's a blast.
    I do like SPC batteries. Will the 7200mah 2s fit in the stock battery tray? I do not mind buying an extension kit, but do not want to do too much modification to this chassis! It's her first RC!

It is a standard size hardcase lipo.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    It is a standard size hardcase lipo.
    Thanks, I think I will order a couple tonight. Just broke out the calipers, and the 2s will fit fine!!

RC Champion
    Never go wrong with SPC. I tried 3S with Traxxas 4-pole set up and got too hot for my liking. 2S is the sweet spot on stock electronics.
    just a basher

That batt is going to be awesome in that truck on 2S.I just finished a run with my son's p4de and got just over 30 minutes on a 6000mA 30C 2S lipo.I put in a 9 tooth pinion and it makes all the difference.It gives the truck a lot better performance on the stock NIMH and killer on 2S lipo.It keeps the motor and esc cooler also.You're going to want to upgrade the shock caps at least(they flex and pop off losing you shock oil) or the whole shocks,and the slipper bearing adapter from plastic to aluminum or brass.Other than that, you can run this truck as is and have all kinds of fun.

RC Competitor
    Sorry to go off a bit but while u guys are talkn batteries Does spc 4s lipo fit in a stampede? I'm currently running traxxas 3s on my 1/8th scale pede but I think I'm ready to bump up to 4s and spc seem to have all positive reviews

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    P4de battery tray dimensions: 142mm x 48.5mm x 25mm.

SPC 5000mAh, 50C, 4S, 14.8V Hard-Case
    LIPO PACK DIMENSIONS: 138mm long x 46mm wide x 48.5mm tall.

SPC 6500mAh, 65C, 4S, 14.8V Hard-Case
    LIPO PACK DIMENSIONS: 138mm long x 46mm wide x 48.5mm tall.

Clearly then you will need to modify the height of your battery tray. I did it for under a dollar with Velcro. These packs will easily fit with this quick, cheap and easy mod. The foam tube is to keep the long motor wires from slapping around under the shell.

Obstacle Magnet

RC Competitor
    How's that beast run on 4s?

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by pcgjr47 View Post
    How's that beast run on 4s?
    Is your question addressed to me? I haven't run my P4de on 4s. I keep it on 3s. It's more than enough insane wheelie power. On 4s I think I would suffer sensory overload trying to control it.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    That batt is going to be awesome in that truck on 2S.I just finished a run with my son's p4de and got just over 30 minutes on a 6000mA 30C 2S lipo.I put in a 9 tooth pinion and it makes all the difference.It gives the truck a lot better performance on the stock NIMH and killer on 2S lipo.It keeps the motor and esc cooler also.You're going to want to upgrade the shock caps at least(they flex and pop off losing you shock oil) or the whole shocks,and the slipper bearing adapter from plastic to aluminum or brass.Other than that, you can run this truck as is and have all kinds of fun.
    Just took out her Pede on the new 2s 6500 spc batts. Motor got a little hot to the touch, but I was basically wheelie, indo, wheelie, indo, wheelie, indo!!! Gonna get a 9t pinion to help keep temps down. My goal on this one is to keep it as much as stock as possible. I am not used to such a light truck! Will look at shock upgrades after the pinion. Thanks for the suggestions.