RC Racer

Slash 4x4 - sway bars

Hi
    Here is pic of the sway bar in the front. Are there supposed to be grub screws in the holes ?

Thanks.

RC Champion
    Yes that's how you set the length and where they sit.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

Yes, and yours are in there as well.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    I took a picture of the front and posted that. I meant to post the other end Got my answer. Thanks!
    Last edited by MiniElmo; 06-29-2015 at 09:40 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I don't know how many times I've accidentally flipped symmetrical sway bars upside down when mounting them. Since the grub screw holes are threaded straight through the joint, an upside-down joint will look like it has lost its grub screw and thast the joint sticks to the sway bar using magic. The first time this happened I thought both screws were gone and that everything was kept together by over-exessive (spelling?) use of thread lock. I couldn't believe how strong the "thread lock" was. I was almost about to destroy it to take it apart before I noticed my blunder

</ot>
    Summit, Stampede 4x4, Slash 4x4

RC poster
    Hi guys, new to the forum and new to RC cars! I have a slash 4x4 and just installed sways on the front and rear. Is there a certain way to adjust them and what am I looking for when I adjust them? I feel like the car corners really well but like I said, Im a noob. Thanks in advance!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeehorn10 View Post
    Hi guys, new to the forum and new to RC cars! I have a slash 4x4 and just installed sways on the front and rear. Is there a certain way to adjust them and what am I looking for when I adjust them? I feel like the car corners really well but like I said, Im a noob. Thanks in advance!!
    to adjust them, you need to loosen the grub screw as shown above and either push the sway arm forward or pull it back thus increasing or decreasing the effective length of the bar itself. The shorter the sway bar, the stiffer it will be. You're looking for body roll which is really weight transfer and thus traction....especially on track surfaces....Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeehorn10 View Post
    Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

If you have the base model Slash 4x4, better tires will make a huge improvement in handling! Traxxas S1 compound tires are going to make a major increase in performance.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by apaulo1367 View Post
    to adjust them, you need to loosen the grub screw as shown above and either push the sway arm forward or pull it back thus increasing or decreasing the effective length of the bar itself. The shorter the sway bar, the stiffer it will be. You're looking for body roll which is really weight transfer and thus traction....especially on track surfaces....Hope this helps.
    Thank you sir! This helps alot and exactly the answer I was looking for!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

If you have the base model Slash 4x4, better tires will make a huge improvement in handling! Traxxas S1 compound tires are going to make a major increase in performance.
    Thanks for the info El Sob! It is definitely an addiction. I have been doing research for the past three days, just trying to learn the parts lol.. Not sure if its just me but wow there is so much info and things to learn. I'm going to try those S1 wheels for sure