RC poster

New battery delivered deformed

Hi All

I just got my first rc, a Stampede, by mail order and the extra LiPo battery, 2843X, is slightly deformed! I mailed the support a couple of days ago and asked if i needed to replace it but they have not yet answered, so I will try you guys.

Image of the battery
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/udf75zqrmx...2843X.jpg?dl=0

The upper end on the connector side has balloned out so it will not fit in the battery compartment, but I think I can force it in...

Do I dare use and charge the battery when it looks like this?

RC Competitor
    I would not attempt to charge it. Call 888-TRAXXAS. Someone will take your information and email you a shipping label. If Traxxas determines your battey was defective from factory, they'll send you a new one. If you attempt to charge it, they might consider the damange yours and charge you 50% retail for a new one.

RC poster
    Thank you!

The support responded and asked for some information before generating the RMA. I live in Sweden, hopefully I wont be forced to ship the battery to the US.

RC Qualifier
    Lithium-ion Polymer batteries can be formed into any shape during manufacture it's one of their advantages. I would not try to reshape it. Since it doesn't fit the battery compartment, I'd want a new one.