Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by tamirlankri View Post
    ohh and i have a small question, will mip cvd's and lst diff work together? i already have the mip and i am thinking about upgrading to lst diffs...
    ohh and today i took it to a very big stroll, used 2x5s and the stock nimh and its amazing (not the nimh bleh) on 5s i am doing standing backflips, i hoped on 6s to see what happens but i already saw it was too much on 5s...
    I have not installe my lst2 diffs as I have not had problems with my stockers....
    The MIP are just awsom and the way they are set I dont think there will be any problems when the diff change is done though I have not done any measurements yet....
    Live life to the fullest

Snaptrap
    If it hasn't already been suggested - Don't break in your slipper clutch using 3S batteries. I used the NiMH that came with it and then jumped up to 2S for a while before using 3S.

RC Qualifier
    i already broke in my slipper, i used the stock nimh and took it for a walk in the street...
    and ok cool thanks jezza ill keep that in mind when the body i want will be back in stock so i can make the order...
    and btw do you need lst diffs or lst2 diffs? like i seen alot of people getting both and idk what is the difference... (i never got a losi anything b4)

i already broke in my slipper, i used the stock nimh and took it for a walk in the street...
    and ok cool thanks jezza ill keep that in mind when the body i want will be back in stock so i can make the order...
    and btw do you need lst diffs or lst2 diffs? like i seen alot of people getting both and idk what is the difference... (i never got a losi anything b4)
    The losi xxl2 diff is the preffernce by every one, I beleive it is stronger then its predescesor, thats why every one is going that route. You can get a complete diff trough dollahobbyz.com, now it is cheaper then a year or two years ago....
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    ya there are a couple of places i can order my stuff, i did look at amain because they had the body i want (hpi dodge charger 1969 AWSOME) but if dollarhobbyz also have it so ill order from them

RC Qualifier
    Dollarhobbyz is the place to go for the lst diffs. I used a lst xxl diff and a lst xxl2 diff. Gearing is the same, but the internal washers and diff cup is different between the two. I haven't broken either of them, or the muggy diffs in my e-muggy. You can use the lst diffs and mips together, Ya just have to use Revo stub axles and cut off the threads and grind down 1mm further to use them

RC Qualifier
    wait so i am confused now, which diff is the best to get and easiest to install? the lst or the lst xxl or they are the same with shorter name? (btw sorry if i sound stupid or rushed, i just want to know what is the best)...
    and today i had another nice long run, i think 5s is the way to go- cool power but not enough to wreck the rc, no heating issues, can easily do standing backlips and tons of fun... ohh and the run was at a beach, there was a nice small lake near it so i drove it in a little (was like half the car height deep), i am now working on taping my tires as both of the rear ones started to peel off, waiting for them to dry off before i glue it all back up.

RC Qualifier
    They are all the same diff. Just get whichever you can find cheaper.

RC Qualifier
    ok, i will look today, i might also look at amazon coz i am making an order from there anyway and i found the wheel i need already so...

RC Qualifier
    soo... old thread but i am too lazy to open a new one lol.
    after alot of playing and some tinkering, i installed all 4 of my trencher x's, MIP driveshafts and thats about it, i do need to reduce the gearing a little coz its getting pretty high (the country i live in is way hotter than where i was in usa...).
    after alot of runs on 5s with the trenchers and everything i finaly blown up my rear diff, so i now look in to getting some losi ones...
    so what i wanted to ask is is this the right one: http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/catalog/...er-drive-shaft
    and if yes do i just order 2 of those and it all i need to change both and rear diffs?

RC Racer
    You'll need two of those but you will also need to find a way to connect the tails of the diffs to the tranny and the axle sides of the diffs to your MIPs.

There are a few different options to connect to the tranny. I went with what I thought was the easiest which was the Kershaw Design shafts and drive cups.

RC Racer
    You'll also need to modify a set of bulkheads and the bottom of the chassis as the lst diffs are larger than the stock ones.

RC Qualifier
    modifing i know i need to do, but i though you can put the old drive cups and shafts aswell as for the mip driveshafts,
    can you guide me on those?

modifing i know i need to do, but i though you can put the old drive cups and shafts aswell as for the mip driveshafts,
    can you guide me on those?
    You may also want to read some of the threads one other membres who have done the mod

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ffs-how-to-mod
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...i-lst-diff-mod
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...XXL-2-diff-mod
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...-LST2-diff-mod
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    thanks, hopefully ill find all the answers i need there

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123