RC Qualifier

Lipo cut off voltage?

I recently bought my wife a couple new 2s lipos for her stock Stampede 4x4 VXL. I had been cycling the 2 batteries before LVC kicked in. Last night I checked the voltage in the battery installed, and it was 3.23v in one cell, and 3.29v in the other! The ESC has been in lipo mode since I bought the new batteries. What should the cut off be? She said she did not experience any cut off while driving, and she knows what it feels like in mine and my sons slashe 4x4s. However we do not run the stock ESC. I hope the cut off is working, but am a little afraid to push the limits if it isn't.

The traxxas cutoff is around 3.7V.

You say you are running the LVC, but NOT the stock ESC?

That voltage of 3.23 is low, but shouldn't do any dangerous damage to the cells. I would read the manual and make sure the LVC is in fact on.

The light on the ESC should be steady green at idle.

RC Racer
    How about running a lipo without low voltage protection on? Just curious about this. I noticed with a 2s lipo in, my esc light is solid red, indicating low voltage protection is not on. But i ran like this for just a minute, would it cause the truck to move slow, like real slow?? I have not changed the low voltage protection on and retried it yet, but curious if this would make the car run slow. It's a venom 5000mah 60c battery with vxl-3s and the new 4 pole velineon motor. Thoughts?
    Too many RC's to list.......I NEED MORE THO!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The traxxas lvc is 3.7? That is the nominal voltage for a lipo cell. My traxxas xl5 esc hits lvc in the 3.20-3.29v range

RC poster
    I use a Lipo Battery Led Low Voltage Meter/Tester for each battery, mounted with a small 1/2" by 1/2" piece of Velcro. This way you can set your own cutoff voltage with alarm. I personally don't trust the ESC cutoff voltage, because I don't like my lipos going to much below 3.4v per cell.

RC Qualifier
    I use the alarms on other projects, and that is what I use to test Lipo voltages. My wife's Stampede has the stock (new version) ESC, and yes, the light is solid green. I guess I will rig up a way to connect one of my voltage alarms to be sure it doesn't over discharge. Maybe it was just on the edge of shut off when she quit playing. At least, I hope so!