RC poster

2 wheel drive slayer project

hey all, bouncing ideas around and want to know if a two wheel drive slayer would be worth it, currently have a slayer roller and all nitro bits after I built my E-Slayer Pro 1/8 up, how hard would it be to make a two wheel drive slayer?
    Just want your thoughts on it is all!!
    Cheers

Not hard. Just remove the center shaft between the transmission and front diff but retain the u-joint holding the brake rotor. If you want to to further, remove the front drive shafts and diff.
    The Super Derecho

Would this be considered a Slash Pro? Probably make the truck fun to drive and by removing the front diffs a little lighter in the front. Not a bad idea since I find the Slayer is a little front heavy.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC poster
    yeah thats what i was thinking, how hard would it be to drive to a normal slayer? aah yeah slash pro or even slayer 2wd? i dunno though it would be cool seeing as though ive got a spare car sitting at home!
    E-Slayer Pro 1/8
    1989 Landcruiser HJ75 ute

It will make you a better driver with more throttle control having rear drive.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    I have thought about doing this on my Slash 4x4 electric, but I wondered if doing this would create wheel wobble.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate 2400kv

RC Racer
    I've tried taking out the FWD parts from my slayer to see how it would work. It was kinda like watching a real pro4 race w/o FWD, hard to track straight, liked to spin out and was difficult in the corners. the weight and balance seemed out of whack. I would think that's why they used an extended rustler chassis for the nitro slash, they started with a pure RWD machine and stretched it. I've got a Jato SCT on the drawing board, but haven't started on it yet.