RC poster

Talking Telemetry speed gauge: adjust to custom tire and propeller size

I have bought a set of IMEX Jumbo Kong for my E-Revo and was wondering if it would be possible to swap to this type of tire. The speed is calculated by motor rpm and tire diameter, the value displayed is not correct unless you have the telemetry expander with gps module (extremly expensive) or using traxxas tires with the right settings under model setup.

Sadly, the link application only supports predefined sets of traxxas tires only, even with the custom vehicle setup you will only have theese to choose from, but I have found another way to customize the settings of the model.

Requirements:
    Android 4.4 device with root access
    installed Traxxas Link App v5.1.0.5024 for Android
    installed SQL Editor for Android e.g. "SQLite Editor"
    Traxxas TQI with bluetooth

Start the link app and go to the garage, model setup and select a different type of tire than the stock one and leave (exit) the app. This causes a new entry to be added in the link application database that we are going to modify.

Now start your SQL Editor and open up the file stored under
    /data/data/com.traxxas/traxxaslink/shared.sqlite3

Go into TLVehicle and copy the objectid of the desired vehicle you want to modify, the name shows which model it is.

Leave the TLVehicle table and go into relationship_lookup and search for the objectid we copied out of TLVehicle by using filter function.
    Copy the relationship_object_id from the entity named model.

Search relationship_lookup again where object_id matches the copied relationship_object_id.
    Copy the relationship_object_id from the entity named driveTire.
    Leave the relationship_lookup and enter the TLTire table.

Now filter the objectid field for the copied driveTire relationship_object_id.

Now you can adjust correction factor, diameter (in inches) and displayed name by editing the corresponding fields for your custom tires and propellers. Enter a new name for the tire to ensure the modification will come into effect.
    Save your changes, exit the editor and verify the result displayed in the traxxas link model setup.

The name of the newly customized tire should be displayed as the selected tire for the model, indicating the use of your custom values for calculating the speed value.

NOTE: when you enter the tire selection, the custom modified will not be displayed and is therefore not selectable. If you change the tires in model setup you will loose the previously customized tire. Do not select any tire and go back to maintain the custom modification.

RC poster
    I have made an error, the correct path to the application database is /data/data/com.traxxas.traxxaslink/files/shared.sqlite3

I'm not using the latest traxxas link version because of the horror stories with the forced firmware update and negative user reviews.

I guess it could be done on a jailbreaked iPhone too, but I only have an old iPhone3G with no jailbreak and traxxas link app from 2012.

RC poster
    Here is a small video showing the Traxxas Link Application database and the relation between vehicle and tire:

RC poster
    And the result in the Traxxas Link application:

Quote Originally Posted by RJRevo View Post
    I have made an error, the correct path to the application database is /data/data/com.traxxas.traxxaslink/files/shared.sqlite3
    Yep...user errors, the number one reason for transmitter death.

RC poster
    tested: also works with Traxxas Link 5.2.1.5278