RC poster

New e revo brushless owner looking for advice on upgrades

Hello Traxxas community! I am looking for some advice on upgrades for my e revo brushless. I am new to this hobby but can't wait to get started.
    i will use it for a bit of everything, even drifting on tarmac. Here is my list of questions, i will try to be as precise as I can. Forgive me if I make mistake, my first language is not english.
    I should also tell you i have already got a few upgrades like metal drive shaft, alu skid plates, lipos and a good charger, drift tires. My questions are:
    1- what should i get to make my car sturdy for jumping ( crash proof) of course using lipos means jumps are going to be somewhat importants 5 feet high and maybe 20 long...
    2- what would be a casual setup for drifting? Sway bars seems inevitable but what else if any? Just talking about parts here, i know i will have to adjust the supensions and probably the camber too.
    3- any parts I should swap right from the start? I want to do more driving less maintenance ( as possible).

These are my most important questions for now, any advise will be greatly apprecited. Thank you

Welcome to the forum and this great hobby of ours.

I like the name...

Anyway I would never stp up my erbe for drifting but I guess you could try slick drifting tyres for it.
    I have set it up as a hug bashr rig with MIP cvds on all four corners and traxxas stel velocity drive shaft for the centre, as well as traxxas red aluminum string and tie rods.

Lots of people will shim the diffs oe eventualy go for the xxl2 diff mod, do a search on the forum and you will find a lot of reading on that.

I am using the black sway bars as it handles better on righ trrain and got badlands for my evry day bashing, on anything and everything.

As for shock oil I got 50w on all four corners, excellent for all my jumps, tracks and speed runs here and there; jumps are more then 5ft in the air....try the skatboard parcs....

Hope that helps you, have a grat one tweaking away and bashing.....

By the way get a handl and feel of the truck on 4s gard 18/54 before going 6s......its alrady a handfull...
    Live life to the fullest

RC poster
    Thanks you very much for your help, i will surely get use to the stock setup before i put on the 6s. Don't get me wrong about drifting with an erbe, it's just for the **** of it around my block (huge runabout in front of my house).was just curious to see if someone had an advise on what to get if i wanted to setup for session of drift (exept tired)
    Your advice are more than appreciate, thanks again. I did also got some alloy A arms, i think I will also get the red strings and rods and switch for 50w oil.
    Will the stock tire survive the 6 or even 4s?

RC Champion
    lol i like the name too..

the alloy A Arms will not survive bashing.. not the jumps you are planning for.
    Stock, will survive 4s, but as always, the weak points are the drive shafts and will likely to break after a couple runs on 6s.

RC poster
    Thanks IllusionX. In this case, to your opinion, What A arms should i put on? Can't belive these A arms will fail....jeez
    Drive shafts are taking care already. Like I said, i am new to this and probably over causious, i just don't want to spend ALL of my time replacing parts. Just looking to beef up the car against gravity.
    Also, do you know if the stock tires will even resist 4s ? Seems like most guys are using badlands

RC Qualifier
    let me tell you something, i got a new erbe a couple of days ago and since then the only upgrade i did (just because i had it) was the bumper, i ran 4s and 5s until now without jump but very fast and nothing broke yet.
    go check out my thread its like one below yours, there are alot of suggestions there but to simple it get rpm a-arms with the extended wheel base or true track (like i did) and either go for summit axles and driveshafts or like i did again mip cvd which i found on ebay for 38$ a set which is a price i couldent pass on... from there upgrade as breaks and depends on your liking of tires there are many options, i personally like stock for right now, gives you a "cushion" in corners with the low traction.
    GL with your build mate and my first suggestion would always be drive it than upgrade.

Infact aluminum arms on an eeb may bend, I like to keep mine stock, lots of people will use RPM, one of the better choices too (have them on my slash ), great products as well.

There are certain things that need a bit of a flex to take the extra shock and if the arms do break, they are easily replacepale. I have plenty of replacements and have not broken any for the past year and a half since I got my erebs and revos....

The sway bar also helps a lot on taming the roll overs and excellent on cornering, like wise I have changed all my rigs to single steering servo with STRC single servo arm, servos of choice futaba hitec hs7954sh and my futaba S9157 (an over kil but I like it)
    Live life to the fullest

RC poster
    Thanks man, i have seen your tread before and will surely follow these guidelines.too bad I already got the alloy a arms from atomik.looks like the erbe is getting better straight out of the box.
    All this info is more than i could hope for....now if that purolator guy could show up...the wait is kiling me...thank to all who have reponded to my questions, i got some testing to do now hehhe

Quote Originally Posted by TabArnack47 View Post
    Thanks man, i have seen your tread before and will surely follow these guidelines.too bad I already got the alloy a arms from atomik.looks like the erbe is getting better straight out of the box.
    All this info is more than i could hope for....now if that purolator guy could show up...the wait is kiling me...thank to all who have reponded to my questions, i got some testing to do now hehhe
    Awsome, another thing is once you really get the heang of the truck and handles its drive, then after you could install the atomic arms as you will likely hit less the arms trough the practice and conatsnt drive, experience makes perfect.

Had I started off with the ereb I would have had many stories of breakage to tell, but luckily that stage of my rc renewel went onto the two pedes 2wd we had initially.

The stock arms are very strong indeed, I am yet to break one....I also like the metal ones, but then decided to leave it as is.
    Live life to the fullest

Just run it and upgrade as needed.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Just run it and upgrade as needed.
    True that!

RC poster
    Run it is what i'll do. ����