RC Qualifier

1/8th sidewinder motor

Can I put a sidewinder 1/8th motor and esc on my pede?
    I play til something breaks

Quote Originally Posted by tmaxxray757 View Post
    Can I put a sidewinder 1/8th motor and esc on my pede?
    Yes but you have to do some dremel job on the chassis and you will have limited pinion, spur options.

this may help.

http://youtu.be/MYt1AKQVf2E

i would rather recommend castle 2400 motor.

The 2650kv and mm2 or sidewinder combo is amazing! Right now I have the mm2 and 2650kv combo and it is tight but fits. I used an strc electronics mounting plate and taped the esc on. I had to mod the chassis a bit to make it fit but it really wakes the truck up even on 2s.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Yes but you have to do some dremel job on the chassis and you will have limited pinion, spur options.
    i would rather recommend castle 2400 motor.
    i have both and agree that the 2400 seems like a better choice in a stampede 4x4. no question it would be an absolute beast with a 1/8th setup but i can easily flip the truck on its lid without even trying and nothing has even remotely become hot with the 2400kv in my p4de.
    sl4sh 2200 / p4de 2400

RC Qualifier
    Yup.

But it fits better on a slash chassis.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I've ran both sw8/2200 and same motor as what's in Jimdogs pic with a hobbywing esc. So I'm with the 2650 motor. Especially that one in Jimdogs pic. I have 2 more one the way for other builds. They are shorter then the 2200 and 2400 so you can mount the esc like Jimdog. The 2650 was more fun to drive then the 2200 imo. I can buy the mm2 and the neewer 2650 cheaper then the sw8 setup.

RC Racer
    Yes you can fit the sidewinder 8th and a 2200kv motor... you do have to dremmel the chassis a bit but it is very simple to install that combo... here is my setup until 5 days ago when I swapped it out for the new Mamba Monster X esc...

The esc is very secured and does not move at all... plus there is enough room on both side of the esc to prevent heat issues... hope this helps...

Keep in mind. This big motor and esc is also adding a lot of weight to the truck.

You will need mip shafts and e-revo diffs for sure and probably stiffer springs or different shocks.

double post...

I have used the SC8 WP with a 3800cc motor then the 2400 El Sob special.

Then I put the MM2 with a 2200 cc motor and have since put a 2650 into it (so I think you sould have no probs with a pede 4x4 too0, which I am loving so far, how ever I stripped a spur as I did not shave a bit of the chassis down, (with the side winder motor no mods neede as it did not have the ribs of the 2650 or the other 2200 motor)

I am using the erevo esc traxxas mount to hold down on the slash 4x4 with no problems and reinforced with a double tape underneat. All my wires are also gathered and strapped as a group with a velcro strap.
    Live life to the fullest