Thread: 100 MPH setup?

RC poster

Question 100 MPH setup?

I have a 5+ year old stampede with original esc and motor. I recently had spent some of my money to make the stampede durable and fast. I've encountered quiet a few problems, but have managed to finally get to a good state. I have two heatsinks on my motor and I have a 15/50 gearing as of now (which gets to around 60 mph). I also have some XO1 tires on and was wondering if I could get my RC to go over 100 mph. Please leave thoughts and opinions on any mods or purchases I should further make for speed runs. Thanks.

from what ive seen. you will need something like a cc 2200kv 6s and mod1 gearing. id first get a 20-23t pinion and try that first. id guess you could get like 70mph. ive been running 20/52 on my 3500kv vxl, but idk what im getting

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Here you go.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ8qaTNUGj4
    This guy has done a few builds that does well over 100mph

Im going to try a 2650kv motor in my rally on 6s and shoot for 100.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    While it is possible, it isn't likely..... 60 mph s already quite a bit.....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    Im going to try a 2650kv motor in my rally on 6s and shoot for 100.
    i think the 2200 6s would be a better n faster n the taller pinion ,and the tallest you can get on (23t ?)n a smaller spur (50,52) is the way to go,that's what i'v got in a up graded pede,17 mm buggie tire's,it's running upper 70's on for 4s,and and the system doesn't have to be a castle,in my mind any way ,there's 6s brushless system that can get those speed just as well as a castle.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon v View Post
    i think the 2200 6s would be a better n faster n the taller pinion ,and the tallest you can get on (23t ?)n a smaller spur (50,52) is the way to go,that's what i'v got in a up graded pede,17 mm buggie tire's,it's running upper 70's on for 4s,and and the system doesn't have to be a castle,in my mind any way ,there's 6s brushless system that can get those speed just as well as a castle.
    Have you thought about going to mod1 gears. You can gear higher then a 25/50. I'll have to check but I think you can fit 23/36 in a pede. I know that's the tallest I can get without cutting up chassis or
    Motor mount in a slash.