RC poster

Stampede Conversion/upgrade Dilemma

I currently own a Stampede, and I want to enter it into a race at a local and private raceway. The problem is, I don't have the money to buy a short course truck, so I am considering doing a conversion on it. I am curious to know if there are any kind of upgrades to do for my pede to make it more short-coursey instead of a conversion. If anyone has any opinions or recommendations for me in this situation, please post them.

RC Champion
    You'll want to widen the stance of the truck, lengthen the wheelbase, and lower the center of gravity as much as possible. Other than a conversion, you could do the $5 Rag6 chassis mod (search for it on this forum, I'm on my phone and can't post a link to it) and RPM wide A-arms with new camber/steering links. Those two, coupled with some suspension tuning could give you what you're looking for. Of course, the easier thing would be to move everything over to the Slash 2WD chassis. Good luck and let us know what you decide to do!

EDIT: I figured out how to do it from my phone, check this mod out:
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ght=rag6%20ext
    Last edited by OSU Beaver 99; 07-31-2015 at 10:07 PM.

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    I'd just convert it with the Sla2h LCG chassis. I can give you the part numbers and screw sizes if you need them. I'd get Losi linear springs and aluminum castor blocks.

Tire choice is 90% of set up so make sure you use the same ones the fast guys at the track are running.

You will also need adjustable camber links for the Slash. Of course you will need to get rear Sla2h a-arms since the P2de rear a-arms are longer. The Sla2h uses a different servo saver as well.

The rest is obvious so I think that's about it. Hope this helps
    Obstacle Magnet

RC poster
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I will consider converting it to a Slash, and the Rag6 chassis mod.

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    KingRigItUp, I have had a P2de and a Sla2h for several years now and I've raced them both so I have experience with them. Although our beloved member Rag6 came up with a very clever modification, I think the durability of it is unquestionably extremely weak. I have ripped up rear skids, shock towers and chassis before --- and I'm not an extreme basher. What's more, this modification is at the weakest and most stressed portion of the RC. The HCG Sla2h was so notorious for breaking in this very location, that Pro-Line developed a chassis reinforcement for it: http://www.prolineracing.com/pro-lin...chassis-saver/ One, just one, bad landing and the whole thing would go kaput.

Had I not given my old Sla2h HCG chassis to a friend, I would be offering it to you for free.

Since money is such a consideration, I suggest just getting the two Sla2h LCG chassis parts, screws at a local hardware store and a bellcrank. $25. The P2de body posts, shell and servo saver can be easily be modded to fit on the chassis to save money. Just keep the rest original for now. This would be a thousand times more race worthy and million times more durable.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC poster
    Thanks jvovel, that's probably what I'll do.