RC poster

2s lipos out of balance after running

Was running my slashes with a couple friends and after one got the lvc pulled the pack out checked it with a lipo checker and cell one was 3.35 cell two was 3.00 after a few minutes cell 2 came to 3.18 was wondering if i need to be worried at all. That battery was running on a xl5 if that makes any difference.

Did the pack balance or storage charge ok? If it did I don't think I'd lose sleep over it. Keep an eye on it the next time you use it and see what happens.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

It certainly sounds as though the LVD was not enabled. Those voltage levels are far too low. I would be concerned, especially because resting voltages were recorded, not voltages while the packs were under load.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    lvc was enabled but ive heard that xl5s the voltage cut off is set to like 3.00 maybe a touch higher with my mmp and my mmm i have it set to 3.5 and haven't had a problem with voltages being low.

RC poster
    thank you for the reply and the battery balanced to 3.83 on both cells on storage mode

2s lipos out of balance after running

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodburner View Post
    lvc was enabled but ive heard that xl5s the voltage cut off is set to like 3.00 maybe a touch higher with my mmp and my mmm i have it set to 3.5 and haven't had a problem with voltages being low.
    Let me clarify: if LVD was "on" it was in no way effectively enabled. I.e. IMO it was not functioning correctly.
    FWIW, charging to storage level and balancing adequately is not an indication that damage was avoided.
    Another thought: I've had a programmable LVA with digital readout go horribly wrong. Check that this isn't the case with yours. Luckily, I had multiple backups.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-04-2015 at 03:31 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =