RC Racer

Wyd's upgraded Slash 4x4. LCG setup

Here is my upgrade Slash 4x4. I uses STRC aluminum parts and chassis, Futaba Servo, Castle Creations ESC and SMC 4500 motor along with the Castle 3800 motor. I switch between them depending on the track I run at.

Here it is now. Just raced it for the first time in 3 plus years. I have the Traxxas GTR XXL and XL shocks on which was huge compared t last time I ran it which had those Proline Power Strokes which IMO suck and did run a little with the stock Traxxas Big Bore shocks which work but not plus like the GTR Threaded shocks which I really like. The STRC LCG chassis and Proline suspension arms really help.

Older pic with the Proline shocks on it. Still running the Same Castle MMP which is about 5 plus years old and works flawlessly. All I did was update the firmware as Castle improves it.
    ---removed---
    When I originally raced it I had it just under 6lbs overall. I could of made it lighter but taking off a few aluminum pieces and going to a lighter body but was happy with it like this. Now I will be using a much better handling body that I'm going to mount up later today when I get to the hobby shop and do the one color wonder paint job on it.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-05-2015 at 08:31 PM. Reason: content

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wow!!! That is a REALLY nice chassis. I'm jealous.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by matts175 View Post
    Wow!!! That is a REALLY nice chassis. I'm jealous.
    Compared to most their chassis setup is pretty reasonable and a nice option if you find yourself breaking the stock Traxxas LCG chassis setup. It has a 4mm bottom plate and a 2.5mm top plate. I see the new run of chassis's STRC is making has some slight changes to make it better racing wise and to fit the battery in easier. I think they will have them back in stock in the next week or two as well as having a few different color combos.

I wish STRC still made that chassis.

Looks great for an older Slash!
    Good luck at the races and can't wait to see your one-color-wonder!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post

Don't worry it'll be back in stock soon. As WYD said they are making a few changes.
    Hmm wonder if they going to have same color choices or have different ones to choose from.

That does look nice. Hmm I think I can do that with the xo1 chassis

RC Racer

Yes don't worry it will be back in stock very soon.

RC Qualifier
    Beautiful set up - look forward to seeing the STRC chassis.
    "Splash" ProLine Slash
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Power View Post
    Beautiful set up - look forward to seeing the STRC chassis.
    Thank you. I try to keep my stuff looking nice even when I race it from time to time. I'm kinda a neat/clean freak with my r/c stuff. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Don't worry it'll be back in stock soon. As WYD said they are making a few changes.
    Hmm wonder if they going to have same color choices or have different ones to choose from.

That does look nice. Hmm I think I can do that with the xo1 chassis
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd View Post
    Yes don't worry it will be back in stock very soon.
    Not worried as I already have a LCG chassis.

These are beautiful and I just like to see them.
    It would be great to see more of them once their new version hits the market.

I wonder if they'll have a kit for the Traxxas LCG system...

RC Racer
    I'm going to race today and painted up a one color wonder. I also wanted a better fitting body overall that handles better so when I it the track this week I'm way more prepared.

Nice! I like the old school "reverse" cowl induction hood treatment!

RC Racer
    What body is that

RC Racer
    Wow they took all my freaking pics. I'm sure the moderator took the pics so he could copy my stuff and make his perform like mine. Good thing I left a lot of info out.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz169 View Post
    What body is that
    Before it was removed it was it was a J Concepts F250.

The other thing funny about removing the pics of the body it was a Kawasaki scheme body that again Traxxas once sold a limited editon Kawi truck. The one pic of my Telluride had a Traxxas body I painted up on it and was an action shot with it crawling and even that was removed. Maybe they didn't like my paint job on their brand.
    Last edited by wyd; 08-07-2015 at 03:29 PM.

RC Racer
    here is just the pic with the body.

If it were deleted by the mods, the bottom of your post should show that a mod took action and why.

Here's the pic of your Telly:

The only reason I can think of them to remove it would be because this is a Slash sub-forum, but I doubt they would do that...

Wyd's upgraded Slash 4x4. LCG setup

Wow they took all my freaking pics. I'm sure the moderator took the pics so he could copy my stuff and make his perform like mine. Good thing I left a lot of info out.
    Before it was removed it was it was a J Concepts F250.

The other thing funny about removing the pics of the body it was a Kawasaki scheme body that again Traxxas once sold a limited editon Kawi truck. The one pic of my Telluride had a Traxxas body I painted up on it and was an action shot with it crawling and even that was removed. Maybe they didn't like my paint job on their brand.
    If it were deleted by the mods, the bottom of your post should show that a mod took action and why.

Here's the pic of your Telly:

The only reason I can think of them to remove it would be because this is a Slash sub-forum, but I doubt they would do that...
    Once again, TWO photos were removed from this thread and you were told why. NEITHER photo showed a body. Please check your facts...and scroll UP.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-07-2015 at 10:39 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Anyone know how to pre-order the new STRC Chasissis?

RC Racer
    You can email STRC for that.

RC Qualifier
    You can email STRC for that.
    And there lies what made my final decision to stick with the Traxxas LCG. I emailed them 2x a couple months ago looking for the parts number to the front shock tower mount and got no reply.

I think after reading up last night and not hearing any real improvement to performace , the additional maintanence , and lack of ability to use a shroud made me change my mind. Sure love the look though

RC Racer
    I raced mine again last Friday after my suspension changes and getting my new body on. My lap times where about 5 tenths faster overall and went 15 seconds faster qualifying so the changes worked but still need a few more. Need a little tuning on the suspension and my tires I have to use for outdoors are very very limited since I have not ran SC in 3 or more years. Didn't help that this week the track was so bone dry I thought I was in the desert. I only had very low profile super soft tires but they where more for a grooved track so if I want to run it more competitively I will need tires. I did qualify 2nd and finished 2nd and first week out was 3rd so I guess even if it isn't exactly the way I want it yet its still pretty good.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CRSlash View Post
    And there lies what made my final decision to stick with the Traxxas LCG. I emailed them 2x a couple months ago looking for the parts number to the front shock tower mount and got no reply.

I think after reading up last night and not hearing any real improvement to performace , the additional maintanence , and lack of ability to use a shroud made me change my mind. Sure love the look though
    I never ran the stock LCG chassis as my truck started with the Traxxas standard chassis setup. I didn't do too bad with it racing and did well for it not being a race truck which I understand. Switching to the LCG chassis setup did make it much better but again I only have ran the original high chassis setup.

Yes Steve might of missed a few emails but he has had a passing in the family and is still trying to get thru that tough time and as you can imagine get all the paperwork that goes with it all done. On a normal basis he has always been pretty good with emails but then you can only imagine how many emails he gets every day. Even at my work emails take up a huge part of my day.

RC Qualifier
    I never ran the stock LCG chassis as my truck started with the Traxxas standard chassis setup. I didn't do too bad with it racing and did well for it not being a race truck which I understand. Switching to the LCG chassis setup did make it much better but again I only have ran the original high chassis setup.

Yes Steve might of missed a few emails but he has had a passing in the family and is still trying to get thru that tough time and as you can imagine get all the paperwork that goes with it all done. On a normal basis he has always been pretty good with emails but then you can only imagine how many emails he gets every day. Even at my work emails take up a huge part of my day.
    Good to hear that I may get a response - I sent an email a couple of days ago requesting how to pre-order and haven't heard back (a few months ago I also tried to contact them and never heard a reply). Really like their products, but they really need to improve on their response.
    "Splash" ProLine Slash
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Good to hear that I may get a response - I sent an email a couple of days ago requesting how to pre-order and haven't heard back (a few months ago I also tried to contact them and never heard a reply). Really like their products, but they really need to improve on their response.
    I just got an email from Steve as I was asking about the new chassis setups. The response was that they are taking pre-orders for the new chassis setups and that they are to start arriving at their shop Friday or very early the week after so shipping would probably happen in less than 2 weeks.

I just checked the website and if you go to the Slash 4x4 parts and to page 5 they have the chassis setups listed for pre ordering. You can just click on it and place your order. Looks like August 18th they will start shipping.

RC Qualifier
    I just got an email from Steve as I was asking about the new chassis setups. The response was that they are taking pre-orders for the new chassis setups and that they are to start arriving at their shop Friday or very early the week after so shipping would probably happen in less than 2 weeks.

I just checked the website and if you go to the Slash 4x4 parts and to page 5 they have the chassis setups listed for pre ordering. You can just click on it and place your order. Looks like August 18th they will start shipping.
    Thanks - looked yesterday and there was no pre-order available - must have updated today!
    "Splash" ProLine Slash
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Thanks - looked yesterday and there was no pre-order available - must have updated today!
    Not a problem. I wasn't on the site for a few weeks so you could easily be right on that they just added it last last night or first thing this morning.

Yup... wasn't there last night. It looks great!

If I didn't already have the Traxxas LCG chassis and wasn't a 3S basher, I would pre-order it now!

RC Racer
    Yup... wasn't there last night. It looks great!

If I didn't already have the Traxxas LCG chassis and wasn't a 3S basher, I would pre-order it now!
    I agree with you. If I was bashing I probably would keep the plastic tub setup. Since I race some (not normally 4wd SC) and since I work at my buddies hobby shop a few days a week to help him out I figure I decked out 4x4 Slash would help with after market sales from on Traxxas parts and other brands that I use on my stuff. Customers always like to look at bling even if they don't choose to go that route. Just showing what could be done.

RC Qualifier
    Not a problem. I wasn't on the site for a few weeks so you could easily be right on that they just added it last last night or first thing this morning.
    Thanks again - I've placed my order! I do racing and light bashing on 2S, so I'm really interested in how this set up performs.
    "Splash" ProLine Slash
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Thanks again - I've placed my order! I do racing and light bashing on 2S, so I'm really interested in how this set up performs.
    Great. Sure you will have fun with it. I know my truck gets a lot of looks when I say it is a Slash although it is highly modified it still has the stock drive train which is very efficient and when other guys at are track are dumping before the 10 minute mark my truck isn't even breathing hard. I can easily run 2 10 minute races on my 7200 pack no problems. My truck is over a 1lb lighter than the Losi and Tekno trucks.

wyd, does 3s fit in there? Also, I'm worried there's no gear cover if I buy this... Is this chassis ok for medium bashing.
    Aww, SNAP. You crashed into the curb at 100mph.

RC Racer
    I would honestly have to measure it and see how much more room I have. I'm pretty sure if I used a 3S at around 5500mah or so I could get one to fit. I never really tried to fit one in since even if I bash or race I only ever use 2S lipo. For medium bashing you should be fine. Chassis is as thick as a standard E buggy at 4mm thick. It is pretty heavy duty. Just use a little blue locktite to keep things from loosening up on you like normal and you should be good to go.

RC Racer
    I ordered the newest chassis from STRC and should have it in a few days. Not sure if I will have it ready for next weeks racing or not but that is ok as I want to work on my suspension a little bit more and try to get some better tires for next time I decide to race it.

RC Qualifier
    I ordered the newest chassis from STRC and should have it in a few days. Not sure if I will have it ready for next weeks racing or not but that is ok as I want to work on my suspension a little bit more and try to get some better tires for next time I decide to race it.
    Received mine yesterday - looks great! I'm planning a build profile on this site. I plan on taking my current basher build and converting it to a racer/light basher.
    "Splash" ProLine Slash
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    My new updated chassis setup just showed up on Mon or Tues as my wife brought it in so not 100% which day it arrived but its here. Now I just time to get it switched over to the updated chassis setup.

RC Enthusiast
    My new updated chassis setup just showed up on Mon or Tues as my wife brought it in so not 100% which day it arrived but its here. Now I just time to get it switched over to the updated chassis setup.
    I know it's an older thread. But are the v2 chassis coming back in stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk