RC Competitor

Question Reaktor in 16th slash

Hello all, how is everyone. I've been a member here for quit a while and gotten some good advice here & would like some again.
    I I've got my son a 1/16 slash 4x4, and I want to upgrade it to brushless power.
    My question is will a system like http://www.radientrc.com/Reaktor/ be to much for it or can i tame down the torque with gears.

Its main purpose is jumping, bashing and the occasional speed run plan on running 2s lipos in it.

Any advice would be a big help.

RC Champion
    That esc is too small for this platform IMO. It shoukd be ok for two cell and stock gearing, but if you ever find you want to run 3 cell or really high gearing, it won't handle it.... (it's got a 35 amp limit, the vxl3m has a 54amp limit)

Unless you have a serious need for speed, the traxxas 1/16 venelion system is all you need and will only run you around $100, then all you need is the brushless motor mount, which you can get for around $10 on ebay.

If you already have the reaktor setup , it will work fine, just don't try to use 3 cell.
    Last edited by dacaur; 08-05-2015 at 12:59 PM.
    Dacaur

RC Competitor
    I only plan on keeping him on 2s for now. yeah have the system and figured use it instead of it going to waste, and will upgrade in a few months on his birthday.

Thanks so much for the advice

RC Competitor
    Just out of curiosity, would the xl 2.5 handle the reaktor motor since it will only be 2s lipo used on it?

RC Champion
    that's a brushed ESC, wont work with a brushless motor....
    Dacaur