RC poster

Clutch/ Trans/ Brake???? Someone help!

So I was bashing around a pretty beat up lot the other day. The car was running great and I actually had enough room and flat asphalt to get it wound up. So thats what I was doing when it stopped. Didnt stall,just stopped at a good idle. The throttle responded but the car wouldn't move. Maybe tried lurching a half an inch or so. I shut it down and waited a few before re starting it and it didnt move at all and the rpm's went redline. Subsequent starts do the same thing. The clutch gear and spur gear both spin when started. I replaced the clutch shoes and same thing. So is it the 2 speed not engaging inside the spur gear? Please help

Spur gear is attached to the slipper clutch. Check that to see if the pegs are still there and that it may have loosened up. Spur gear could spin all day but if the input shaft doesn't there's your problem.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    15t 1st gear is gone. Duh! I bet thats it

RC Qualifier
    The nitro 4tec doesn't have a slipper clutch. Most likely it is ur stripped out 1st gear. If not it could be ur clutch shoes or spring but that usually makes it so that the car won't stop moving urs is completely the opposite. But yeah most likely the first option.