RC poster

Mis-matched LIPOs in E-Maxx

Has anyone run mis matched LIPOS ? I was talking to a guy at My local shop and he said it was possible to run 5 cells as long as the battery's matched. 5000 mah 50c 2 cell and a 5000 mah 50c 3 cell. So essentially you would be running 18.5 volts instead of 22? In theory this made sense to me but I don't know if anyone has done this?

RC Qualifier
    Ya I do it all the time. I run a 5000mAh 50c 2s gen ace and a 5000mAh 50c 3s smc together with no issues. Both my gen ace are older and have since crapped out but as long they are the same nah capacity a and discharge your good.

That's correct and pretty common.

RC Champion
    5800mah 2S x 3S all day in my Revo. No issue, match mah and C rating all you're combining is voltage. 5S in my opinion is the best thing to run on. Gets you that extra punch over 4S but isn't a parts killer like 6S can be.
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.

RC Qualifier
    What he said ^^^

Of course, what you gentlemen are describing are MATCHING packs with differing cell counts.
    Nobody is suggesting that mis-matched packs be run.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    It's possible to do different mah and c ratings, but not wise. And yeah 5s is the sweet spot for the 2200, it's about the same rpm as the 2650 on 4s btw

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Of course, what you gentlemen are describing are MATCHING packs with differing cell counts.
    Nobody is suggesting that mis-matched packs be run.
    Nobody is suggesting it but I have successfully done it. I'm not saying go out and do what I did but I did do the task running mismatched brands but same mAh and c rating.

I have also tried to run different c ratings and I highly disagree with this. Drains lipos unevenly and causes odd throttle responses when grabbing the trigger.
    Last edited by BuGgYbAsHeR.28; 08-13-2015 at 09:24 AM.

RC Competitor
    So Batt A: 7.4v 5000mah 2s1p 40 with Batt B: 11.1v 5000mah 35c, would that work ???
    The mah are the same but C is different. Running the MM in the maxx as a basher

RC Qualifier
    No not recommended, as one battery will discharge faster than the other. I have done it just for giggles and it causes sporadic throttle response and probably not good for your lipos.

Lipos must be same "c' rating and mAh