RC poster

6521 Temp and Voltage question

Hi everyone, I decided to add the temp and voltage sensor to my Revo 3.3 which didn't come with telemetry. Bought my Revo back in 2009. I bought the Tqi transmitter and receiver. The gray plug is pretty straight forward plugging it in to the receiver, but where do I plug the red connector. I assume it goes to the battery. I can't plug it in but then I can't power the receiver. Is there an adapter I need or am I missing something here. Sorry but a little confused lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jhallgren80 View Post
    Hi everyone, I decided to add the temp and voltage sensor to my Revo 3.3 which didn't come with telemetry. Bought my Revo back in 2009. I bought the Tqi transmitter and receiver. The gray plug is pretty straight forward plugging it in to the receiver, but where do I plug the red connector. I assume it goes to the battery. I can't plug it in but then I can't power the receiver. Is there an adapter I need or am I missing something here. Sorry but a little confused lol.
    Hallgren,
    You'll need the power tap #6541 which will have a red wire
    that connects to the red wire out of the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    Hallgren,
    You'll need the power tap #6541 which will have a red wire
    that connects to the red wire out of the receiver.
    Power tab 6541 won't work because he has a Nitro truck and the receiver battery does not have the high current traxxas plug the tap is intended for.
    My recommendation would be to splice the red wire into the red positive wire that goes to the receiver after the battery plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamon Creel View Post
    Power tab 6541 won't work because he has a Nitro truck and the receiver battery does not have the high current traxxas plug the tap is intended for.
    My recommendation would be to splice the red wire into the red positive wire that goes to the receiver after the battery plug.
    Whoops, I missed that one, so used to electric I never gave it a thought,
    thank's Creel.

RC poster
    I was able to figure it out. Thanks for the replies. My receiver has 4 channels and channel 4 was not used. I plugged in the lead to channel 4 and can now view voltage.

RC Enthusiast
    jhallgren80, if you plug your voltage sensor wire to a channel Vcc, you might actually be reading a regulated voltage (usually +6V), not the actual battery voltage (if it's higher). At least that's the case with electric vehicles, yours might not be using a regulator.