RC poster

Revolvers or MT Splits wheels

Hi, guys. I am about to put 2.8 trenchers on 3.2 wheels and i cant choose what exactly. I know that splits give more stance, but revolvers are more attractive. And also I've heard that revolvers break a lot. So guys what wheels are more durable?

RC Racer
    I have 2.2 revolvers on 2.2 mudslingers.. Haven't had any problems..

my revolvers look as good as the day i put them on at the beginning of summer. worth the time to install them.
    sl4sh 2200 / p4de 2400

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run the proline 17mm F-11 They are a 2.8 so you have more sidewall for cushion I ran them with the super swampers. Before those came out I had the revolvers and 6-7 months they started cracking.

i did 3.2 revolvers, but that was before the f11s came out. i like the look over the smaller sidewall with the 3.2 wheels

RC Competitor
    Revolvers all the way

RC Qualifier
    I really dig the 3.2 wheels and thinner sidewalls. I have both revolvers and MT'3. I have them on Slash MT though. Anyway, I thought I'd hate the offset and look but with a larger body, or if you want a wider stance they're awesome.

Revolvers:

MT3 splits:

Revolver action shot for fun

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by IPT View Post
    I really dig the 3.2 wheels and thinner sidewalls. I have both revolvers and MT'3. I have them on Slash MT though. Anyway, I thought I'd hate the offset and look but with a larger body, or if you want a wider stance they're awesome.
    I also have a set of 3.2 revolvers (with Trenchers) and a pair of MT3 Split's with 2.8 SandPaws.
    I also like the thinner sidewall of a cut 2.8 tire on a 3.2 rim. (Just cut the tire bead, don't cut the rim).
    A lower sidewall + taping the tires = no ballooning at all

The MT3's will definately give you a wider stance, but they WILL be a LOT HARDER on your bearings (especially your rears).
    I assure you: running the wide offset wheels with SandPaws will make you go through bearings like crazy But the car is soooo stable/fun at the beach/dunes

Grtz,

Degake
    P4de, G.D., K.Block, K. Busch, Summit, ERBE, TRX-4

RC Qualifier
    Deg - are you saying you did not trim down the rim/wheel and were still able to mount the Sandpaw just trimming the tire itself?

RC Racer
    Exactly.
    I'll post some pictures of them after this weekend when I get around my P4de.

Grtz,

Degake
    P4de, G.D., K.Block, K. Busch, Summit, ERBE, TRX-4