RC Racer

Anyway to get tekno driveshafts to work with pro trac kit?

was thinking about trying the pro trac kit for my 4x4 slash but i see the longer dogbone kit has been discontinued, is there anyway to get the teknos to work? I emailed tekno they said the 2210 dogbone would not work
    Last edited by nizzfoshizz; 08-12-2015 at 04:06 PM.
    X Maxx, Sl4sh MM2 2650, Sl2sh's 3800/3500

RC Racer
    They make longer bones for 2wd, its the same length as with the tekno pro trac bones, or you can go with hybrid cvd, like i did, its a combination with tekno m6 dogbones and xo-1 stub axles along with XO-1 c-hub/carriers, cost expensive but its the best hybrid combo that works for pro trac arms. Got the idea from someone here

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you are just trying to get a little wider, there is a much easier way than buying a Pro Trac kit and all that. Just buy 4x Slash 2wd FRONT wheels and run them all the way around.

RC Qualifier
    The point of the protrac kit is to get the most travel out of your suspension, so you make the wheel offset zero and elongate the arms, doing what you said just puts you back at stock parts lol

RC Racer
    the only longer dogbone I am seeing is the tkr 2210 this one

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tekno-R-C-TKR...item5afcaa797b

is that the dogbone that will work? I have read that this will for sure work with 2wd that has a pro trac kit.

well i got my 17mm conversion on still havent got pics up am slacking lol lost a few MM of width
    honestly tho I cant really ask for better handling my slash just flys around the track and I love how it power slides already, just wanted to give a bit more width and suspension travel to soak up bumps if I could Id go the hybrid route if thats the only option but if those 2210 dogbones work? not sure if those are the right ones thanks for any help
    Last edited by nizzfoshizz; 08-13-2015 at 02:28 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You stated that tekno said the 2210 will not work in your first post. The dog bones that is needed would be the ones from the rustler 2wd and not made for a different 2wd truck since all axles aren't same length. I run the hybrid with the stubs made for the slash. Instead of the xo1. I ran the xo1/tekno ones before. Both are good. I like the xo1 better since the adaptors uses a screw pin, instead of a pin on the axles

RC Racer
    so the dogbones from the 1951x kit will work? not sure the part number

RC Racer
    can anyone confirm that its the dogbones from the 1951x kit that are longer than the 4x4 tekno dogbones and will work with a slash 4x4 with protrac kit? Not sure if I understood Er33 post and not sure of the part number that may work? I have tekno front n back already for the 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    The xo 1 stub axles, or the slash ultimate stubs , is a great solution.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    The xo 1 stub axles, or the slash ultimate stubs , is a great solution.
    ya will probly just end up doing that thanks for the info and time guys :P

RC poster
    Any confirmed answer for this ? I am having the same problem. I have new tekno shafts and do not want to scrap them.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhour82 View Post
    Any confirmed answer for this ? I am having the same problem. I have new tekno shafts and do not want to scrap them.
    There's only one way to make tekno work with protrac arms. That is using either the xo-1 stub axles and run xo-1 carriers all around or use the stub axles from the steal splined of the slash and run regular (stock) size carriers all around

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    You can also make rustler tekno shafts work, but they don't sell just the bones from that kit. Sp you have to buy two full rustler kits, then the tekno stub axles for the slash. The slash kit with traxxas stub axles, either xo1 or steel slash is definitely the way to go!
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    There's only one way to make tekno work with protrac arms. That is using either the xo-1 stub axles and run xo-1 carriers all around or use the stub axles from the steal splined of the slash and run regular (stock) size carriers all around
    Would you happen to have the part number for the stub axles from the slash steel splined? I know this is an older lost sorry

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I have a question.... isn't the tekno carriers the same as the xo1 carriers? Both r for 6mm stubs. Im in the same boat so what would be needed xo 1 stub axles and that's it?! I really hope that's the case!! If there is more plz post a list thx so much!!! ; )
    Gdude

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdude1057 View Post
    I have a question.... isn't the tekno carriers the same as the xo1 carriers? Both r for 6mm stubs. Im in the same boat so what would be needed xo 1 stub axles and that's it?! I really hope that's the case!! If there is more plz post a list thx so much!!! ; )
    Gdude

Sorry late response haven't been on here in long time
    To answer your question no they are not the same well the front ones are the same using same size bearings. But the rears are different. The xo-1 uses same size inner and outer bearings where as the tekno uses same bearings that's in the front carriers.
    Edit:
    What carriers are you running now?
    Last edited by Er33; 10-05-2017 at 07:19 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I'm useing tekno's carriers.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm useing tekno's carriers.

To run tekno with protrac you'll need the following:
    Tra6454 front stub axles
    Tra6453 rear stub axles. Both front and rear are 6mm stubs which is what Tekno's are if I remember right
    Tra6757 rebuild kit includes boot covers and pins need 2 packs
    Tra6455 rear axle carriers
    Tra6439 front steer knuckles or steer blocks.
    Now you can shop on line at a chop shop and you can get 6455 and 6439 as a whole for a good price.
    If your running the aluminum c blocks already you won't need to get them. If your not
    Tra6832 or 6832x is what you'll need if you want to run them.
    I'm pretty sure that's all you'll need

RC Qualifier
    To run tekno with protrac you'll need the following:
    Tra6454 front stub axles
    Tra6453 rear stub axles. Both front and rear are 6mm stubs which is what Tekno's are if I remember right
    Tra6757 rebuild kit includes boot covers and pins need 2 packs
    Tra6455 rear axle carriers
    Tra6439 front steer knuckles or steer blocks.
    Now you can shop on line at a chop shop and you can get 6455 and 6439 as a whole for a good price.
    If your running the aluminum c blocks already you won't need to get them. If your not
    Tra6832 or 6832x is what you'll need if you want to run them.
    I'm pretty sure that's all you'll need
    Thank you that was a perfict list!!!

RC Qualifier
    One last ish question... do I really need the xo 1 carriers? Can't I just use the stock ones, not tekno? (Sorry for hi jacking thread and sorry u prob. explained this.)
    THX gdude

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    One last ish question... do I really need the xo 1 carriers? Can't I just use the stock ones, not tekno? (Sorry for hi jacking thread and sorry u prob. explained this.)
    THX gdude

Yes but then you'll need different stub axles or change the smaller bearings 6x10x4 I believe is right od x thickness. Personally I like the 17mm hexs that you use with the xo-1 stubs better then the ones used on the regular ones. Xo-1 uses a screw pin like the output drives in diffs but bigger. The regular ones uses straight pin (like how it came stock) to hold the hex in place. Hope this makes sense. If not I'll take pics the difference between them. But that'll be later this afternoon.
    Then I can explain a little better what's needed if you have these parts already or those parts

RC Qualifier
    Ok so the biggest problem (cant believe i forgot) is that I already have tekno 17mm adapters .... this might not be even worth it... ugh

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ok so the biggest problem (cant believe i forgot) is that I already have tekno 17mm adapters .... this might not be even worth it... ugh

Ya that could be a problem. I forgot all about those myself when I made the list
    I honestly can't tell you if teknos would fit on the Traxxas 6mm ones or not. I can't remember if yrs ago someone tried it or not.

RC Qualifier
    Ya that could be a problem. I forgot all about those myself when I made the list
    I honestly can't tell you if teknos would fit on the Traxxas 6mm ones or not. I can't remember if yrs ago someone tried it or not.
    If I were to do this and get it all, what 17mm adaptors would u suggest?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If I were to do this and get it all, what 17mm adaptors would u suggest?

Tra6469 are the only ones you can run with the xo-1 stub axles
    Here's what I meant by set screw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock Slash carriers will not work with teknos m6 kit. However, there is a way to keep aluminum up front if you want. XO-1 carriers will take the m6 axles. Then you can keep using your tekno 17mm adapters (which are awesome). The rear is a different story. If you can find the right bearings it would work, or hybrid the back axles with Traxxas cvds stub axles and their 17mm conversion.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Stock Slash carriers will not work with teknos m6 kit. However, there is a way to keep aluminum up front if you want. XO-1 carriers will take the m6 axles. Then you can keep using your tekno 17mm adapters (which are awesome). The rear is a different story. If you can find the right bearings it would work, or hybrid the back axles with Traxxas cvds stub axles and their 17mm conversion.
    How would finding the right bearings work on the rears of the stock or xo-1 axles if the inner bearing is smaller then the teknos inner bearing.
    The hybrid only works with protrac arms which is the point of this thread.

How would finding the right bearings work on the rears of the stock or xo-1 axles if the inner bearing is smaller then the teknos inner bearing.
    The hybrid only works with protrac arms which is the point of this thread.
    It's a off size bearing. Forget what it is at the moment but it enlarges the inner portion to 6mm and keeps the outer the samr. 6x10 or 6x11. Something like that. Just giving suggestions.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Yup. 6 x 11 x 4 bearings.

Let me look...

Found it:
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6255678
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    It's a off size bearing. Forget what it is at the moment but it enlarges the inner portion to 6mm and keeps the outer the samr. 6x10 or 6x11. Something like that. Just giving suggestions.
    Ok I see what your saying. But you still wouldn't be able to run those with the teknos themselves. The inner bearing is a larger bearing like the front inner. So running two 6x whatever would cause the teknos to bind or won't be able to keep the pin in place. That's where the hybrid and protrac arms comes into play.
    Let's say someone has all aluminum stock size parts and wants to run teknos and protrac. Then they could run those bigger inner bearings or use tra6754 and 6753 to keep stock bearings. Personally I'd replace the bearings and run the bigger stubs lol