RC poster

Spur and pinion help

Hey guys, so i just bought this revo used and so far ive replaced the engine and today i put on the 17mm hubs.
    Is there ant changes i should make to the gearing so i dont overwork the engine? Ive got the stock gears on it.

Thanks

Welcome aboard, Nick. That all depends really. What engine did it have and what did you replace it with? You changed the hubs but did you change the tire size?
    Good times don't just happen.

RC poster
    It had a 3.3 in it before and i put another 3.3 in. I did change from the 12 mm hubs and 5.75 tires to the 17mm's and proline rockrages which are 7.15. My cousin is also into rc but mostly electric and he was saying i should change my gearing but i wanted to get a few more opinions

RC poster
    Also what servos are the best for steering now that i have the bigger tires? Im new to the hobby so im not very experienced with what will perform best on these trucks. If theres any other upgrades you reccomend ill take any input.

Thanks

Going single servo set up is one of the best moves I have done with my revo 3.3 with hitec SH7954HS srvo and my erevo brushless with a futaba S9157

Some peol use savox servos too.

Along with the single metal geared servo, the STRC single srvo arm does a great job...
    Last edited by Jezza; 08-13-2015 at 11:51 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC poster
    Ok thanks did you keep reverse on yours or do the FOC?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickyar12 View Post
    Ok thanks did you keep reverse on yours or do the FOC?
    My servos turned the right way so I did not have to reconfigurate their orientation.....I am also using futaba 3pl and 4pls as transmitters, which are already set in reverse for my brushless systems and by my default set up.
    Live life to the fullest

RC poster
    So with your 3.3 do you ever have an issue with reverse where it takes the truck a few seconds to actually reverse? From a dead stop mine will still sometimes go forward before it will reverse im not really sire if its just how the truck is or if there is an issue

RC Competitor
    Mine did the same. I took out reverse and use Forward only. I am running a .26 reddot and its mostly a basher and jumper

RC poster
    Do you find yourself needing reverse alot?

It comes down to driving style and where you run. I mostly rock-climb and trail-run with mine, so I use reverse a lot.
    Some of the hesitation in shifting is from the opti-drive, it won't let it change direction 'til the trans' fully stops. Mine kinda hangs up sometimes on the rocks, but overall I'm ok with it.
    chop it up ... stitch it up ...It's ALIVE !!!

RC Competitor
    Agree with Frankenstyle, depends on driving style. I mostly bash around the skate park and the local rock yards and construction sites so I really have no use for reverse.

I have all foc only in my trucks, hardly used reverse so got rid of it and the opti drive.
    Live life to the fullest

RC poster
    Thanks guys