RC poster

Alias battery options.

Really enjoying my Alias!!
    Flies so well in the Easy and Fast mode, Expert i am still trying to get used to.

I also have a Syma X5C-1 that i fly quite often but not as much as the Alias because it is slooooow but still fun!

I bought a whole pile of batteries for the Syma from Bangood.
    They are 1S 3,7V 750mAh 25C and have the white, bladed connector.
    All i did was to shave the blade parts down a bit and they fit and work with my Alias now!
    Slightly longer flying time as well!

You just have to watch that you match the power leads correctly!!
    Otherwise this is a good mod and allows me to fly both quads off the same batteries!

Time to fly!

How much do the Syma batteries cost?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by k1m View Post
    How much do the Syma batteries cost?
    Yeah, how much? How long does it take to get the batteries and how do they post them. I thought that it was difficult /expensive to ship lipo batteries from abroad. I thought that shipping negates any saving for cheap prices and that the delivery is excruciatingly slow on the boat from china?
    Please say it aint so and they got the goods right awy!

RC poster
    I ordered them from Banged, so shipping was painfully slow... About a month give or take a few days...
    Only paid about $20 for 6 batteries, the charger and the 6 port connector block.

Still for something that i regard as a toy grade quad it is not a bad price to pay!
    Now when i go fly my bigger quads my friends can bash the cheap guys around and learn!

I'm going to have to think about a couple of new batteries, my first two only last 4-5 minutes now after alot of cycles over the last 4+ months. Guess that's to be expected. I'll give Bangood a look, the price point is right anyway.

I did buy a couple new batteries, but I thought I'd try to get some use out of the first two batteries I bought. I made a pigtail "Y" out of connectors so I could run two batteries at a time. I wired them in parallel so the voltage would be the same just twice the capacity. I just taped the extra battery to the bottom to try it, didn't think the added weight would be much more than the camera. Unfortunately, it didn't fly any longer at all. When the LVC shut it down, I unhooked the pigtail and ran each of the batteries separately (1-2 minutes each). I'm really surprised (bummed) that it didn't work - any suggestions?