Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday dear Wallace...
    Happy Birthday to you!

By typing it instead of singing it is my gift to you!

Hope your day is going great!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Happy Birthday ElSob!!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

Thank you all for the birthday love! I have had a good day! Had a good bash session, didnt break anything. Had my beautiful baby girl with me all day. I am a happy man
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Thank you all for the birthday love! I have had a good day! Had a good bash session, didnt break anything. Had my beautiful baby girl with me all day. I am a happy man
    You've no doubt heard it before but....enjoy your time with your baby girl...they grow up fast!! I have 2 baby girls.....one lives an hour away,she's 23, I saw her today for a bit while I fixed her car. My oldest is 25...she lives 5 hrs away, only get to see her a couple times a year. I'm thankful they're doing ok but it seems like just yesterday I was running them to soccer games/practice. Yep...I'm old! Glad you enjoyed your birthday, hope you enjoy many more!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

H,B El Sob, I'm a little late to the party but still made it.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Am I too late? Is it still your B-Day?? Happy Birthday!
    \4$4

Thank you! I really appreciate your birthday wishes! I enjoy every minute I can with my baby girl! She means the world to me. I will freely admit that she has made me a much better man

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    happy birthday
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

Oh, yeah....Happy Birthday to you too.

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    A belated happy birthday to you El Sob. My only child, a girl, runs RC trucks with me. I'm a happy pappy. All the best from this old doc.
    Obstacle Magnet

I do thank everyone for the love! To me the Slash 4x4 forum is family to me. I may never get the privilege of meeting you face to face but you will always hold a huge place in my heart

RC Champion
    Happy late birthday! I have to get on here more often
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

Thank you sean! To do an update on the new El Sob 2400 motor. I have been running it ragged! I have been running about two lipos a day through the truck! So far it is taking everything I throw at it and laughing! I am running 19/54 and thinking of upping it to 21/54! I am in love with the El Sob motor system again

I just read what I wrote. It is incorrect! I am currently running 19/50 and thinking about running 21/50. The motor has been not to warm to keep the back of my finger on it for as long as I want. This really is one of the perfect motor systems for the Slash 4x4!

RC Champion
    It is the perfect system, running it on 3s kills my wallet in repairs though
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

So yesterday I decided to get a little bold! I put a 21 tooth pinion on the new El Sob motor! that thing flat out flew! 5he front tires were barely on the ground. It did a tremendous job of flying up and down the street at blazing speed! My friend strapped his phone to it and it said 61.43 mph! When I got back home I put the 19 back in. The speed was fun but I'll save it for special occasions

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So yesterday I decided to get a little bold! I put a 21 tooth pinion on the new El Sob motor! that thing flat out flew! 5he front tires were barely on the ground. It did a tremendous job of flying up and down the street at blazing speed! My friend strapped his phone to it and it said 61.43 mph! When I got back home I put the 19 back in. The speed was fun but I'll save it for special occasions
    Very nice run!!

I am happy to report that I have been running about two lipos a day in my truck and the motor is still going strong! I really hope that this motor goes the distance. I do really love the El Sob special motor system

RC Qualifier
    Not very much traffic on the Pede forum so I've been frequenting this one. My plans are to put the El Sob special in my P4de soon, probably start with just the motor since I have the 4 pole VXL ESC until I decide on the ESC I want. Safe to assume I can achieve the same speeds with my P4de as you do in your Sl4sh? Given the correct gearing of course and 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Not very much traffic on the Pede forum so I've been frequenting this one. My plans are to put the El Sob special in my P4de soon, probably start with just the motor since I have the 4 pole VXL ESC until I decide on the ESC I want. Safe to assume I can achieve the same speeds with my P4de as you do in your Sl4sh? Given the correct gearing of course and 3s.
    I think so. The El Sob special motor is strong enough to handle the large size tires that are on the Stampede. Go ahead and slap it in and enjoy the huge increase in power. You may want some Mip X-Duty axles to go with it.

RC Qualifier
    I have rear X duty MIPs, plan on getting fronts soon. Thought tire sizes were about the same as a Sl4sh, shows what I know. Running 2.8 XL5 tires at the moment, planning on trenchers or badlands soon.

RC Racer
    El Sob, what esc are you running? Have you ever run "El Sob special"4 pole VXL esc? If you have could you give me some insight on the comparison to between that and other ESCs that you have used with that motor. Advantages and disadvantages?

Quote Originally Posted by RynRC View Post
    El Sob, what esc are you running? Have you ever run "El Sob special"4 pole VXL esc? If you have could you give me some insight on the comparison to between that and other ESCs that you have used with that motor. Advantages and disadvantages?
    I can try to give you a little insight. I originally ran the ElSob motor with the stock 4 pole vxl. It works fine...pretty cool actually because it's plug and play(3.5 mm bullets factory installed) Move the receiver box upfront, bolt your esc in the existing holes, drop the 2400kv in, gear it 18/54 and go! I now run it using a Hobbywing WP SC8 and it works good also. Has additional programming that the vxl does not, comes with an esc fan and a mount plate but requires some soldering(no big deal) It will also mount in holes already in the chassis with the provided plate so it's almost plug and play too. Seems to have a little more "snap" with the SC8. I used 3s with both combos and have ran both on 2s as well. Just my 2 cents...I'm sure others will chime in with their combos.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

Quote Originally Posted by RynRC View Post
    I have only ever run the El Sob special motor with the El Sob esc! it is a great motor combination! It has crazy power and is a blast to run.

RC Qualifier
    I currently run the el sob on a 4 pole vxl geared 18/54 and have no complaints for the most part. Things an animal with great temps. It has found the weak spots on my truck the last few runs though. Front axles center diff now converted to a rr gen 3. And this past weekend it was a wheel hex killer so 17mm conversion is being done this week when the stuff arrives. On 3s it will find your week points and thats with a vxl. I couldnt imagine what its capable off with a better esc. But thats my experience and how i feel with it. A nice setup for sure
    slash 4wd upgraded

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12