RC poster

Unhappy Slash 4x4 going too fast?

Hey, I'm a total newbie to RC cars, but I have had a Slash 4x4 for a few years and have enjoyed just driving it around with the kids. A little while ago one of the front suspension arms broke, so I ordered a new one and replaced it. As soon as my son took it out for a spin, the second one broke. After we replaced that one, I noticed that it was going much faster than it used to (it used to go about 10mph, now it seems closer to 30 or 40). I tried resetting the factory settings on the remote, and that didn't change anything, so I'm guessing the problem lies in the car itself...

I don't know if this is related, but reverse does not reverse anymore; it now is just a brake. Did I accidentally put it in a different mode or something?

Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but now that it's going so fast I'm worried the kids will crash into stuff and break it even more...

I'm sorry; the solution is probably really obvious, but I read the whole manual and couldn't really figure out what the problem could be! Any help would be appreciated. :-)

sounds like you have it set to race mode i think its called. which doesnt have reverse and it also sounds like its in sport mode 100% power instead of training mode which is 50% power

I agree sounds like the esc is in race mode..100% forward/brake/no reverse. Sport mode is 100% forward/brake/50% reverse and training mode is 50% forward/brake/50% reverse. Your manual will tell you how to change it on the esc. FWIW...I'm quite sure this is the 1st thread I've ever seen about a Slash being too fast.....most are about how to make them faster!! lol Hope ya get it working the way you want.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah, I agree with Dcuda, this is the first time I saw someone wanting a slash to be slower! Here is a link that can help you out put it back into training mode. It should be towards the bottom of the page. Here's a link that will help you out! https://traxxas.com/support/Programm...-Speed-Control

Quote Originally Posted by Savox_ View Post
    Yeah, I agree with Dcuda, this is the first time I saw someone wanting a slash to be slower! Here is a link that can help you out put it back into training mode. It should be towards the bottom of the page. Here's a link that will help you out! https://traxxas.com/support/Programm...-Speed-Control
    Hey, you gotta slow em down for the kids! lol
    Just another bash addict...

RC poster
    Thank you everyone; that worked. Hopefully now if (when!) they crash it won't do too much damage. :-)

btw this is the slash 2wd section not the slash 4x4 section. not like it matters much. i think alot of just click the new posts button at the top to view all new posts

Quote Originally Posted by qirien View Post
    Thank you everyone; that worked. Hopefully now if (when!) they crash it won't do too much damage. :-)
    Glad ya got it handled! Have fun!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Competitor
    speed is always best if you know what you are doing

if your kids are little like 5 or 6 get them a mini slash thats what i did for my nieces they hit walls full speed not too much breaks

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    I agree sounds like the esc is in race mode..100% forward/brake/no reverse. Sport mode is 100% forward/brake/50% reverse and training mode is 50% forward/brake/50% reverse. Your manual will tell you how to change it on the esc. FWIW...I'm quite sure this is the 1st thread I've ever seen about a Slash being too fast.....most are about how to make them faster!! lol Hope ya get it working the way you want.
    i have never heard of one being to fast before this

RC Qualifier
    Profile #1 (Sport Mode): 100% Forward, 100% Brakes, 100% Reverse Mode
    Profile #2 (Race Mode): 100% Forward, 100% Brakes, No Reverse
    Profile #3 (Training Mode): 50% Forward, 100% Brakes

Sounds like you had it in training mode all along and now it was switched to race mode.

Page 18 in your manual shows you how to select whichever mode you want.