RC Enthusiast

No movement on the ground

The other day I was driving my slash and the wheels stopped moving. I've checked for a striped spur and pinion. The spur looked a little striped so I replaced it. When I went to test it the car would not move on the ground. The wheels moved fine as long as they were not touching the ground. Anyone know why this would be? Thanks for the help

I've only had the pleasure of rebuilding one with your problem and that one turned out to be the bearing in the diff. Is it both front and rear or just one end?
    Not an expert on these 4x4 electrics but did help my buddy out. The bearing was rusted and would not turn locking up everything. poor maintenance.
    Last edited by JerrysMaxx; 08-22-2015 at 01:18 PM.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

does the motor spin? pinion? spur? slipper clutch too loose? are the drive shafts spinning?

RC Enthusiast
    The motar pinion and spur are spinning

It is both set of wheels front and back.

[QUOTE=JerrysMaxx;6049901]I've only had the pleasure of rebuilding one with your problem and that one turned out to be the bearing in the diff. Is it both front and rear or just one end?
    Not an expert on these 4x4 electrics but did help my buddy out. The bearing was rusted and would not turn locking up everything. poor maintenance

The issue is with both sets of wheels front and back.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-22-2015 at 07:28 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    its your diff gears are stripped out most likely in the rear buy the upgrade with the bar i run a 2650 and that put an end to that problem
    Slash 4x4 MMP/2800kv

Slash 4x4 LGC MM2/2650kv

Could also be the pin for the slipper. Put one side of the truck's wheels on the ground and spin one of the tires that are off the ground and see if the other tire spins with the tire you are spinning. If it does then it is probably the pin that goes through the slipper shaft

You may want to check your hex pins. If you have a broken pin or two tour truck won't move. Also make sure that the magnet hasn't come loose from the shaft inside the motor.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Champion
    Hold it down with the gear cover off and get on the throttle a little bit. See what spins, if anything. Broken rotor has happened to me before.

Does the center shaft spin? It's pretty simple to run down the list. The pinion and spur spins, then the center shaft spins, and then the driveshafts spin.

I'd be willing to bet your slipper loosened up. But if the slipper pin did break, I'd hope that you would have noticed that while replacing the spur gear.

What sort of power are you running through it?
    Last edited by Kitteh298; 08-22-2015 at 07:55 PM.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Take the gear cover off and take a close up video of what's going on and then post it to YouTube.... then post a link here.

RC Competitor
    Also check your wheel hubs haven't stripped this happened to me last week

All 4 wheels? Kinda hard to strip all 4 hexes at the same time.

Probably/hopefully it's just a loose slipper.
    If not, might be your rotor.

Hope it's just a loose slipper. Quick, easy, and "no cost" fix.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    i had it that my rc does not run on the ground but it ran in my hand. it was a empty nimh battery. is your battery charged?
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

RC Qualifier
    With the minimal information that you've given it's almost certainly a loose slipper clutch. Also could be worn out or broken but the clutch is the first thing to check here.

since hes saying its all wheel. then it would more than likely be something with the input shaft or slipper if the motor pinion and spur gears are all spinning. unless he somehow lost a pin for the driveshafts one in the front and one in the rear. he wouldnt need to have a problem with every wheel just one problem in the front and one in the rear