RC poster

Lipo Smoked is it toast?!

Got a Lipo 3 cell 1400 traxxas brand. I was running with vxl for about 20 min when esc burnt up and lipo started smoking got the lipo out fast and it was super hot but only melted the plastic slightly in the corner. I've since replaced the esc but I'm scared to plug this lipo to it. It seems to charge normal is it safe for use? Or not worth the risk

I would not use it. Not even close.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    My stock ESC on my rustler vxl totally fried,,I was running a Traxxas 3S lipo,,6400--25C. I don't think these esc's like 3S lipos,,,& that is purely my opinion,that's all. My batt was a little warm after my insodent,& my ESC was toast after only 6,or 8 min.

What I'm asking/saying is,,,are you sure your battery was smoking? Again,,in my case it was my ESC that smoked like crazy,,my battery was & is still fine,,I'm using it without any issues. Once again,,this was "MY" situation,,yours could be totally different,,just sayin.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoGrinder View Post
    Got a Lipo 3 cell 1400 traxxas brand. I was running with vxl for about 20 min when esc burnt up and lipo started smoking got the lipo out fast and it was super hot but only melted the plastic slightly in the corner. I've since replaced the esc but I'm scared to plug this lipo to it. It seems to charge normal is it safe for use? Or not worth the risk
    Is the lipo puffed? While charging the lipo did you notice if all the cells are still balanced ?

If you think it might be bad then get rid of it. If it melted the case then you have a damaged lipo and it needs to be disposed of immediately.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it