RC poster

Lightbulb E-Revo Buggy Conversion Doing it right.

Yeah, I get it, people do "Buggy" conversions by putting on aome rigged up roll cage, putting on an 8ight body and boom; you have a buggy with big wheels.
    BUT! What if....maybe just maybe someone did it right? As in, mmmm I dont know...at least buggy wheels and gearing? Lo . So basically what I'm saying/asking is what does anyone got? Does anyone have any good gearing for buggy tires running 6s 30c? What should be done other than just slapping on a buggy body. Don't be shy;
    If you have a good idea. Say it. I just ordered a brand new Ebre and I'm stationed about 45 minutes away from one of the biggest indoor nitro/brushless tracks in Europe. You best bet I want this to spank those ofnas, losis, etc! So lets hear whatcha got!

(Stationed as in the army lol)

You will need more than a body to catch a losi truggy/buggy those things fly on the track, good luck with the conversion.

RC Racer
    jeez must have an easy going MOS to have so much spare time in garrison.

RC Champion
    You're going to end up with something that's much less of a Revo by the time you'd do what you need to actually convert it. It's just not set up the right way.

I have my Revo and a (I hope I can even say this) Losi Mini 8ight Truggy and I can tell you now aside from sheer power in the Revo I wouldn't doubt that little bugger would keep up with it on a track…and that's 1/14 scale. They're designed with handling in mind, it can slide through a corner and round out so much smoother than I feel the Revo ever would. Low CG, suspension geometry to match…I can set the Revo down pretty low to keep the CG down but the suspension to me just isn't great that low.
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.

Well, if he wants to do it, it could be a fun project. You will want tires and rims obviously. I don't know that they do but you might be able to find a lcg aluminum chassis for it. Actually you could even take an 8ight or 8.2e chassis and cut holes, and find a verticle shock mount.
    Aww, SNAP. You crashed into the curb at 100mph.

RC poster
    I'm an 11B1P PFC. I don't have spare time i have a hobby. So what was that about an easy MOS? I'm in probably the most high speed airborne unit in the army. I'm not even currently in Italy. Whats your MOS? Include sub specials (p, m, etc)
    Trx450r...oh wait. Rc forums

RC poster
    Anyway i can fabricate a chassis, Itll just take time

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldlee25 View Post
    I'm an 11B1P PFC. I don't have spare time i have a hobby. So what was that about an easy MOS? I'm in probably the most high speed airborne unit in the army. I'm not even currently in Italy. Whats your MOS? Include sub specials (p, m, etc)
    Lol easy there private, I was only pulling your leg. I was 11B1V and was medically retired in 2011, got a few serious injuries in 09 when I was in Mosul and decided to take the medical retirement over re-classing to a pog. Stay blue buddy.

RC poster
    Apologize. My pride got to me, had to make it clear of my job, I'm sure you understand fully, lol. Anyhow I'm training another military at the moment, and BAH, COLA and Danger pay got me a new brushless E-Revo while I've been here haha.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldlee25 View Post
    Apologize. My pride got to me, had to make it clear of my job, I'm sure you understand fully, lol. Anyhow I'm training another military at the moment, and BAH, COLA and Danger pay got me a new brushless E-Revo while I've been here haha.
    lol I get it, I know the grunt pride feeling. I was never fortunate enough to be stationed in Europe, just passed through on deployments. Be thankful you missed the years of the constant deployment rotation, we never truly got enough dwell time before we went back which resulted in not enough training, everyone wanted to relax after being in the sand box for 15 months, naturally. Of course I'm sure as a grunt you well end up seeing the desert at some point though.

RC poster
    Unfortunately I'll be right side light my 4 years. The 173rd is no longer a combat team, even though my company was at the battle of wanat a few deployments ago,however we do operation Atlantic resolve missions such as estonia, Latvia, UKRAINE. Haha. Just training deployments with TDY pay. Great training don't get me wrong, getting tabbed here is easy if you're motivated but for a deployment nothing.

RC Racer
    well you better find somewhere to get the CIB bro lol.

RC poster
    You're right. EIB doesn't cut it.

RC Racer
    The EIB is nice when it comes to the board though, looks good when going for your E5.