Thread: hello im new

RC poster

Smile hello im new

Hello ...

Im not new to the hobby but im new to forum and now own a new Stampede VXL 4x4

What upgrades are essential?

Also am i ok to run a 3s 3200mah lipo on the standard VXL-3s ?

Thanks in advance

RC Qualifier
    Wouldn't run the 3s without first installing some upgrades or you will be out of commission pretty quick. 2s sent me to the store fast. Anyways, welcome aboard, pretty new to the forum myself, love my P4de. From my experience thus far with my P4de I'd say grab the following right away, I got most of them right away with exception of the axles.

*Traxxas aluminum shock caps 3767a
    *Traxxas ESC fan 3340
    *Some type of motor fan or fans, I went with dual Integy setup from eBay
    *Traxxas aluminum bearing adapter 6893x
    *Traxxas heavy duty slipper clutch kit 5352r
    *A wide front bumper of some sort, I chose the T-bone racing wide basher and love it
    *If you want to spend the cash on a set of axles; MIP 11109 and 11110 are a good choice, that is one pair for the front and one pair for the back. If not, plan on ordering a few pair of stud axles 6854x front and 6853x rear cause you will definitely need them especially if you go lipo.

Like I said I did order all of that initially, with exception of the MIP axles, and would do it again. Sucks to tear it up and have to wait a few days for parts to arrive. Others will come in and probably say to replace parts as they tear up instead and if you go that route plan on some down time right away because if you like to bash you will definitely be breaking stuff pretty quick.
    Last edited by cpstack; 08-27-2015 at 04:23 AM.

RC poster
    OK thanks for reply .. I'll look online now for prices etc

RC Qualifier
    Everything is pretty cheap really. EBay usually has the best deals, Amazon is a little higher in price with faster shipping in most cases though. Chances are you can find a seller on eBay that has all the items and will combine shipping, that would probably be the best route.

RC Qualifier
    T-bone wide basher would probably have to be ordered from their website, adding on a servo cover is a good idea too. It is wide enough that it almost covers the front tires that way when you hit something it takes all the force instead of your front end components, lifetime warranty too.