Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Racer
    Well, I didn't get hardly any time this weekend to get my truck back together. Saturday morning I took a ride to my LHS to get male trx connector for the esc. I got home soldered it on and then got a phone call with some bad news. My younger brother (34 yrs old) has been battling brain cancer for a little over a year. He was supposed to be scheduling another surgery soon but on Saturday the doctors told him that the tumor has tripled in size since his last surgery and they cannot operate any more. I spent the rest of the weekend with him and my parents. Gonna try to get some more done on the truck this week when I get home frome work.

RC Racer
    I just realized something about the trenchers that i bought. One set are trencher x's and one set are just regular trenchers. Looks like the X's are same height but are wider. I guess I will just put the wider ones in the back. Do you think I will run into any issues?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sorry to hear this. Don't worry about the r/c truck. It'll be there later. Take care of your brother for now and be with your family right now as much as possible.

I guess I will just put the wider ones in the back. Do you think I will run into any issues?
    Sounds like a good idea. I don't see any issues. It'll probably look cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by matts175 View Post
    Sorry to hear this. Don't worry about the r/c truck. It'll be there later. Take care of your brother for now and be with your family right now as much as possible.
    By far the best advice at this time. RynRC sorry to hear about your brother. Thoughts and prayers out to you and your family.
    Last edited by Dcuda69; 09-21-2015 at 09:17 PM.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

Sorry to hear about your younger brother.
    My prayers go out to him and his family...
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    Thank you. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

I completely disassemble both my front and rear assembly so I could do a thorough cleaning in all the nooks and crannys. Also gave me an opportunity to inspect, clean and lube all my driveline bearings. Then i figured it would be a good time to change my diff fluid also. I have 60K and 20K weight on the shelf so I put the 60 in the front. I'm contemplating just putting the 20 in the rear, or mixing the two to get something around 40K to 45K. I hope to be installing the mip x-dutys and trx aluminum carriers tonight.
    Last edited by RynRC; 09-23-2015 at 05:11 AM.

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    wow, seems like christas came early! I mean with the parts. Good luck with your brother!
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

RC Racer
    Lol. It's funny you say that. I have my packages delivered to work so that im here to receive them. The guys that i work with say i have the expression of a kid on christmas morning when I get called to the front for a delivery. It definitely feels like Christmas

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonj1018 View Post
    For $1000 buy a used $500 1/8th scale race kit, some good 4s lipos, a nice charger, and a few sets of tires. Any decent 1/8th buggy or truggy will amaze you with the durability they offer.
    Tekno Eb48
    slash 4x4

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by snowninja View Post
    Tekno Eb48
    I was looking at the ET48 but decided to put money into my slash since I am already invested into it. I'm very happy with my decision

RC Racer
    Here is a pic of the front with the aluminum hubs and x duty's installed

RC Racer

Here is the rear

Split six beadloc and trenchers (front) trencher X (rear)

I will be test driving and tuning today. Later this week I should have my strc blue aluminum beadloc rings and strc finned motor plate. Picked up some pearl blue and candy blue paint from my LHS yesterday. I got pactra because it was on sale 2 for $6 and their tamiya color selection was very thin. I did get white tamiya brand though.

RC Racer
    Test run was awesome. This thing really Flys now. Crazy amount of torque.

I put the velineon system in my son's Rustler xl5 and that puppy flies on 2s.

We had a major crash today though. My son decided to pull out in front of me while I was going down the street full speed and I t boned him. My slash held up but Plastic went flying everywhere from his rustler. Broke the trans case where the rear arm attaches and steering bell cranks. I'm gonna get the strc bell cranks. Does anyone have suggestions on the trans case. Looks like rpm is the cheapest option. I was also looking at the HR, integy and FLM cases.

RC Racer
    Bearing kit came in today. I got the ones that have a rubber seal on one side and metal on the other. also got a couple spare oversize motor mount bearings in both rubber sealed and metal shield.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Do yourself a favor and pack them with grease!
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    Do yourself a favor and pack them with grease!
    Why this???

RC Racer
    I already packed my existing motor mount screw with grease, I got these as back up so I have them ready as my bearings fail.

RC Racer
    A couple more items arrived today

RC Racer
    Can anyone give me advice on post 93?

Quote Originally Posted by RynRC View Post
    You mention transmission case in from FLM, unfortunately they come only in the 2wd.
    How ever they have their motor mount, diff cases , I have not used any but had a fully FLM 2wd pede built, and stand by this great product if you wnat to go that route.....The transmision on a 2wd was awsome, a great heat sink, protection and over all very sturdy piece.....

I like the stock diff cases so I am sticking to that on my slash 4x4 and also the stock diff and outer case, happy with it. I think it is one that will rarely break, so the small cost of replacement is a bonus....have had mine for a long time without replacement, bearing slop etc.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Racer
    The transmission case that broke was on my son's Rustler. The slash made it through the crash without breaking anything.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Why this???
    There are several threads in here about it. Some of which were started by me.

There is naught but a tiny dab of grease inside them new. I started popping the seals and packing mine with grease and they last much longer. The more grease there is inside, the less of anything else there can be. Especially moisture.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    There are several threads in here about it. Some of which were started by me.

There is naught but a tiny dab of grease inside them new. I started popping the seals and packing mine with grease and they last much longer. The more grease there is inside, the less of anything else there can be. Especially moisture.
    Does make sence when you are going through water. In other respects I would not do it.

I just ordered the HR composite tranny for mine (Bandit and Rustler) My friend that owns the hobby shop liked it so much he ordered more as he has a lot of people wanting it now. He says it looks like the best he has seen. Can't wait till Friday when I go pick mine up.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrysMaxx View Post
    I just ordered the HR composite tranny for mine (Bandit and Rustler) My friend that owns the hobby shop liked it so much he ordered more as he has a lot of people wanting it now. He says it looks like the best he has seen. Can't wait till Friday when I go pick mine up.
    Thanks for the input. It seems like a good choice between durability and value. Have the cost of the all aluminum ones and opens up more options for gearing ratios.

RC Qualifier
    I know this is a lot more then 1000 but here's my rustler https://youtu.be/JZWbL5WVkh0 and here's my slash https://youtu.be/OismMw5_O4k and my other slash if you like on road https://youtu.be/bo4eJ3yqj6o

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123