Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Black ones are stiffer. I have my front set back this far.
    Here are the rears.

I always thought that the sliver ones were stiffer from reading the instructions that came with the kit. WOW guess I was, is wrong. Thanks for the photos. I'm trying to get a good look at the front and thanks for the photos just hard to see the front one. I'm just wanting to make it right and semi like yours. I know its trial and error but if I can avoid the error id prefer it lol. Have you only used the black ones or have you used the sliver to? If so have you noticed a extreme difference?

You will have too zoom in on the front, it's a old pic and the only one I have at the moment showing the front. I have not tried the silver ones, I like how it handles with the black ones so I never tried the silver ones.

No worries thank you man. Does it seem tipsy or wobbly at all with them, that black ones on?

Not really, I like the way it handles. Rarely flip over and handles curves and jumps pretty well too.

RC Qualifier
    That giant pinion makes me laugh. Looks ridiculous. And I love it!
    Last edited by Magstang1; 03-03-2016 at 09:05 PM.
    Chances make champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Magstang1 View Post
    That giant pinion makes me laugh. Looks ridiculous. And I love it!
    That was the mod1 23T I used lol, here's a better view.

RC Qualifier
    Why did you go to mod1 23 if you can get .8 in a 25? Can you get a smaller spur in mod 1? I think .8 maxes out at 25/50.
    Chances make champions!

Because a mod1 23 is bigger than a .8 25.
    .8 25/50 on top and mod1 23/36 on bottom. You can get a 27t in .8 but you would have too modify the chassis to run it.

RC Qualifier
    Well I'm a math whiz... Duh.

Bigger module, larger diameter... Makes sense. Thanks.
    Last edited by Magstang1; 03-03-2016 at 09:23 PM.
    Chances make champions!

My new stampede 4x4

Well I'm a math whiz... Duh.

Bigger module, larger diameter... Makes sense. Thanks.
    I couldn't get to 100 on the 25/50 gearing and I didn't want too mod my chassis too run the 27T .8 pinion, that's why I swapped to 23/36 mod1 gearing. 25/50 gearing is a 2.00 ratio and 23/36 is 1.56 ratio.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-03-2016 at 09:26 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I haven't played with gearing much before this but it makes sense that it's not just teeth, it's diameter. Didn't even think about the difference in the size of the teeth affecting overall circumference.

PS, the language filter is touchy. That really wasn't a bad word...
    Chances make champions!

I just measured the sliver sway bar and black sway bar using my digi caliber and the sliver sway bar is 2.00mm as the black sway bar is 2.30mm. Figured a fact that someone might wanna know. thanks general. does the mod 1 gears fit on the slipper clutch ok or is there a mod for it?

Yea the mod1 gears are quite larger than the .8 gears. One day I'll break down and buy the 31T spur and see what's the biggest pinion that'll fit with it. Yea it's pretty touchy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NOFTCHX View Post
    I just measured the sliver sway bar and black sway bar using my digi caliber and the sliver sway bar is 2.00mm as the black sway bar is 2.30mm. Figured a fact that someone might wanna know. thanks general. does the mod 1 gears fit on the slipper clutch ok or is there a mod for it?
    Thanks I never knew that, yes the mod1 spur is a direct fit on the slipper. No mods necessary.

RC Qualifier
    I have aerodynamics to work on before I reach max gearing. 60-65mhp and the EMaxx parachute grabs ahold of the wind.
    Chances make champions!

I have aerodynamics to work on before I reach max gearing. 60-65mhp and the EMaxx parachute grabs ahold of the wind.
    Have you tried running it without the body?

RC Qualifier
    Not yet. Didn't want to risk that on my first high(er) speed run. I wasn't sure how it would react and my phone was strapped inside.

I have some lexan I'm going to make a front splitter from and I think taking the big t bone front bumper off will help too.
    Chances make champions!

Not yet. Didn't want to risk that on my first high(er) speed run. I wasn't sure how it would react and my phone was strapped inside.

I have some lexan I'm going to make a front splitter from and I think taking the big t bone front bumper off will help too.
    I don't blame you, I was nervous when I ran mine without the body lol. What gears you running?

RC Qualifier
    22/50 .8

I was starting to feel bad for my brand new super swampers too. I'm guessing they weren't designed for that type of application. Lol.

I don't want to just make some go fast frankencar. I figured the EMaxx body would hinder things so I'll make a few tweaks and see what I can wring out without taking away from what it is, my big basher.

When the weather breaks I'll assemble my centipede buggy and let it rip.

I'm not giving up on big MPH. I just won't cut my truck up into some unrecognizable chop rod. I'll build a different car to do it. That's why the Stampede is great. So much versatility.
    Chances make champions!

22/50 .8

I was starting to feel bad for my brand new super swampers too. I'm guessing they weren't designed for that type of application. Lol.

I don't want to just make some go fast frankencar. I figured the EMaxx body would hinder things so I'll make a few tweaks and see what I can wring out without taking away from what it is, my big basher.

When the weather breaks I'll assemble my centipede buggy and let it rip.

I'm not giving up on big MPH. I just won't cut my truck up into some unrecognizable chop rod. I'll build a different car to do it. That's why the Stampede is great. So much versatility.
    Yea swampers really aren't made for high speeds lol. My g-locs held up too 80 mph pretty well, and ran the grps above 80mph since that's what their made for.

RC Qualifier
    I have my China special street buggy tires that I plan on running when things get serious. Hopefully they don't disintegrate. My neighbor has a set of g locs that I might give a try too.

I'm not very good at using things as intended. I would say I learn the hard way but, I'm not sure I've learned anything.
    Chances make champions!

I have my China special street buggy tires that I plan on running when things get serious. Hopefully they don't disintegrate. My neighbor has a set of g locs that I might give a try too.

I'm not very good at using things as intended. I would say I learn the hard way but, I'm not sure I've learned anything.
    Don't you run 17mm adapters? If so the g-locs won't work if their premounted unless you swap back too 12mm axle hub.

RC Qualifier
    12mm MIPs with the slip on 17mm HR adapters. Simple to swap back and forth. The HR adapters are pretty sweet.
    Chances make champions!

12mm MIPs with the slip on 17mm HR adapters. Simple to swap back and forth. The HR adapters are pretty sweet.
    Ah ok gotcha, I like my mip adapters even though a lot of ppl frown upon them lol.

So had a stroke of bad luck today, was playing in freshly tilled field before work and not even 10min after I started bashing my 2650kv motor locked up on me.

NOOO! Dang! why that happen man? I got the same combo/setup and now I'm nervous. What happened?

Not sure why it happened. Maybe it didn't like all those 6s speedruns I was doing a month ago lol. I wouldn't really worry this could have happened too any motor no matter who makes it. Plenty of 2650kvs out there still going strong. I borrowed the 2200kv from my lhs again and most likely will end up buying that 2200 from him for now.

ohh that makes more sense. I haven't ran more then 4s throw mine. I couldn't imagine the power and torque on 6s. do you combine two 3s lipos? I know its a lot to ask but could you email me on here or my email your castle link info? I know that's a lot to ask and possible random. I look up to you as an idle in this hobby and just want to learn and hit the triple digys one day. I hope that's ok with you for me know..? On another note will the 2200kv fit in place of the 2650kv? I know you have ran it before it you ride but will you have to modify for a permanent fit? which motor do you like better the 2200kv or the 2650kv? I hope on the castle link info I hear back form ya on that man.?

ohh that makes more sense. I haven't ran more then 4s throw mine. I couldn't imagine the power and torque on 6s. do you combine two 3s lipos? I know its a lot to ask but could you email me on here or my email your castle link info? I know that's a lot to ask and possible random. I look up to you as an idle in this hobby and just want to learn and hit the triple digys one day. I hope that's ok with you for me know..? On another note will the 2200kv fit in place of the 2650kv? I know you have ran it before it you ride but will you have to modify for a permanent fit? which motor do you like better the 2200kv or the 2650kv? I hope on the castle link info I hear back form ya on that man.?
    I ran two 3s lipos in a series. Are you referring too my esc settings? Yes the 2200 will drop right in since I nodded my chassis and went back too using the stock rx box from my speedruns. I still like the 2650 but the 2200 is great as well. It will run cooler and has more torque but it really needs 4s to wake it up but won't be a problem since I run 4s exclusively.

yea the ESC settings you use on castle link. how you can bring up a setup sheet. that is what I was asking if you don't/wouldn't mind..? I know some people that's sacred. I hope you'll share with me please. do you just use double sided tape for the stock rx box or make a whole new bracket? Bottom line if you don't run 4s to 6s the 2200kv isn't a good idea?

yea the ESC settings you use on castle link. how you can bring up a setup sheet. that is what I was asking if you don't/wouldn't mind..? I know some people that's sacred. I hope you'll share with me please. do you just use double sided tape for the stock rx box or make a whole new bracket? Bottom line if you don't run 4s to 6s the 2200kv isn't a good idea?
    Mine is set at 100% max power, 50% brake power, normal timing, data logging turned off, punch control 30%, 100% startup power. My rx box is screwed down I made a bracket just like I done with the lcg box, but had too make a different one for the stock rx box.

The 2200 would still be a good motor on 3s, would just have too gear it up a good bit too get decent speeds out of it.

Short and sweet and to the point. Thank you man. I'm gonna try that setting out. Do you use drag brake? Or torque control? thanks for all the help and insight

I only used drag brake when doing speedruns I had it set too 30%. I don't use it for bashing. Torque control is whatever the factory setting is.

Ohh wow. I understand speed runs but am surprised at the torque set at factory. Have you messed around with throttle or brake curves? I'm still curious on how that works.

I was just wondering also what kind of charger do you use? I use the radiant charger.

Na just the settings I mentioned are the only ones I messed with, I don't have a computer so in order for me too change the big settings I have to drive all the way too a friends house which is why I haven't tinkered with throttle and brake curves

Started out with a traxxas dual charger and now use a venom pro3 for my 4s batteries and use the traxxas charger for my gf's 2s and 3s lipo.

I'm stoked you got the triple digit without using the computer. I really thought you tinkered with everything to achieve that speed. Curiosity have you heard of radiant chargers? Do you use the castle field link then since you don't have a computer? This one might be a dumb question please don't judge, but is all these messages coming to you cellphone? I have a old school flip phone and never thought and would think that'd be possible why I ask. I'm sure my daughters could answer that one though lol. I'm serious non the less? Does your girl ride with you every time? wish mine did and that hers didn't just sit, were looking to sell here p4de hopped up unfortunately. She used it 3 maybe 4 time then I modified it like yours and mine and now she doesn't like all the time I spend on it so she would prefer me to sell hers. But anyways so do you do all your settings/adjustments on a field link and curious to hear the other questions I asked?

I'm stoked you got the triple digit without using the computer. I really thought you tinkered with everything to achieve that speed. Curiosity have you heard of radiant chargers? Do you use the castle field link then since you don't have a computer? This one might be a dumb question please don't judge, but is all these messages coming to you cellphone? I have a old school flip phone and never thought and would think that'd be possible why I ask. I'm sure my daughters could answer that one though lol. I'm serious non the less? Does your girl ride with you every time? wish mine did and that hers didn't just sit, were looking to sell here p4de hopped up unfortunately. She used it 3 maybe 4 time then I modified it like yours and mine and now she doesn't like all the time I spend on it so she would prefer me to sell hers. But anyways so do you do all your settings/adjustments on a field link and curious to hear the other questions I asked?
    Yep no special esc settings, just raw power lol. Haven't heard of radiant chargers. Yes all my replies and threads are done from my phone. Yea she usually rides with me 95% of the time. I use the programming card when I need to change drag brake or something. I haven't used a computer since I first programmed and set my esc.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast