Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Instead of shoe goo I used super glue on part of my switch and for mounting link plug to top of on/off switch.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    I like shoe goo because if I need too remove it it comes off pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    I like shoe goo because if I need too remove it it comes off pretty easy.
    Very good point. I used like the smallest little smear you could make. Enough to hold decent yet I believe I could break apart with very little damage but yes shoe goo is much better in that regaurd.

I've had too remove my esc once and all I did was pull on it and it came right off, just scrap off the leftovers and your good to go.

It's like the miracle glue, holds when you want it to (under body) and comes off when you want it to like you mentioned. Now if I could get the wife to like the smell or at least tolerate it I'd be golden! Tired of her nagging on me about "the smell" and telling me to do in garage. (It's like 15-25 out there) lol

Guess I'm the lucky one lol, I've even baked tires in my house with no complaints.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yeah that shoo goo crap stinks. I can't even tolerate it myself lol. For esc and switches I use Parma silicone tape, it's strong and comes off when you want to move something. Need a flat screw driver first to get it started after that comes off clean

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Yeah that shoo goo crap stinks. I can't even tolerate it myself lol. For esc and switches I use Parma silicone tape, it's strong and comes off when you want to move something. Need a flat screw driver first to get it started after that comes off clean
    I think it's fine but I've been exposed to a lot of chemical smells maybe they've desensitized me to it. That's another good alternative to know about, thanks.

Well got her back going, made my own pin out of a 3/32 drill bit. Also put some heatshrink on it too help keep pin in like in the video posted in the above posts.

Have you tested out the fix? is the new fix working? thanks man again for help I'm so happy on how my p4de is coming along almost 100 percent rebuilt. Bud you are lucky I know exactly how briber feels with the wife. briber I right here with you on the wife factor.

Have not tried it yet, have too replace a wheel bearing before I can roll out again.

I just got my order from the place you linked me to about the expanding sleeve general. WOW it only took the package three days to arrive. The 1/4 inch sleeve how did you manage to get it over the motor cables, more like the bullet connectors on the motor?

You have too compress it and then work your way down.

ohh alrighty. Nice I got a sweet project tonight. Want to come over general and have a beer and help me rebuild my entire p4de with a bunch of new parts, lol . But you managed to stretch the 1/4 inch sleeve over. If you did I shall. Sleeves rolled up yee-haa!

Haha your a little too far away for me, yes once you figure out the trick too it it's pretty easy too put on.

did you have to take all of the connectors off, like the two from the esc and steering servo connector to get the sleeve on or is it the same, compress it?

The connectors stay on, it can be a pain to get the servo and esc connectors too go through it, but it can be done.

ill spot the plane ticket, jk. alright hopefully the trick comes sooner then later. I'm so happy and cant wait to use my p4de on 4s. I thought 3s on the 3800kv sct combo was awesome. I can only imagine the possibilities now.

alright ill go ahead and keep them on and make sure I got some pillars and get started. Thanks Again like always.

No problen

Your dead on once you get the rhythm going its as easy as adjusting the slipper. I'm stolked. thank you, thank this is my baby and its SWEEEET!

I'm still building but did you get the bearing and get yours rolling again?

Not yet my lhs was out of town today, he won't be back till tmw.

I'm lost man. normally a hobby shop has more then one employee. Its a first I must say about a one man hobby shop. By the way what bearing do you need?

Yep he owns it and runs it by hisself. Front wheel bearing

could you possible just clean and re-oil the bearing? there are videos on youtube on how to take a bearing apart, clean it and re-oil it. would that work for you?

Na I know how too do that, this bearing is shredded.

oh. At least I tried. Question with you mamba x did you get a paper that has a code on it for a free castle link adaptor?

I believe I did, but when I order my system I ordered a programming card at the same time.

I got mine at my lhs and in the combo was a coupon code for a free castle link adaptor or $10.00 for a field link programmer card. I went online and order the free adaptor and got a invoice after I completed my order but no tracking number or date or delivery. I called them three times and left three different messages for sales and no response. I will say I will never spend cash with castle again after this hassle. I just wanted to know if you have had this happen and gone this ordeal with castle before and if so how your experience was and if your order came?? Traxxas never treated me like they have that's for sure. I wish someone could reprimand castle for what I have gone throw so far.

RC Competitor
    This seems like a pretty fun setup you've got and I've enjoyed reading about your journey to 100mph. You've really got me looking at a new motor and ESC! But my MMP and 3800 will have to do for now.

Anyway I saw that you've run both the pro-line 2.8 trenchers and swampers. I was curious which one you prefer and why.

I'm looking for something to run on my LCG converted Stampede 4x4 for general bashing use--dirt, lots of (tall) grass, gravel and some pavement use. Just by their looks it seems like the trencher might work a little better but the swamper is a touch taller which I prefer. I like the looks of both. The swamper is a little harder to find unmounted but you can still find them. Planning to mount them on the pro-line 2.8 17mm hex rims.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jalbrecht55 View Post
    This seems like a pretty fun setup you've got and I've enjoyed reading about your journey to 100mph. You've really got me looking at a new motor and ESC! But my MMP and 3800 will have to do for now.

Anyway I saw that you've run both the pro-line 2.8 trenchers and swampers. I was curious which one you prefer and why.

I'm looking for something to run on my LCG converted Stampede 4x4 for general bashing use--dirt, lots of (tall) grass, gravel and some pavement use. Just by their looks it seems like the trencher might work a little better but the swamper is a touch taller which I prefer. I like the looks of both. The swamper is a little harder to find unmounted but you can still find them. Planning to mount them on the pro-line 2.8 17mm hex rims.

Thanks!
    Thanks man, it's a extremely fun setup. I like the swampers better myself, they look better and perform just as well, the trenchers have a little more traction, but they traction roll a lot, well on mine they did anyway. I rarely traction roll with the swampers. Between the two I like swampers better for bashing, other ppl may have different opinions, this is just mine lol. You can get them unmounted my lhs ordered mine for me when I did the revolver/swamper setup.

hey general with the LEDs you have and fan, what do you have your Mamba Monster X BEC set at through castle link?

Mine is set at 6v

oh alrighty man thanks. What would happen if I have my bec set to high?

I'm not real sure lol

Quote Originally Posted by NOFTCHX View Post
    oh alrighty man thanks. What would happen if I have my bec set to high?
    I wondered this myself a while back. I found a thread from 2010 that said a rep from Trx told them 6.5 v max to rx.

In a different part of thread it said it can strip servo gears and damage rx.

Whatever voltage your receiver battery or speed control puts into the receiver is what the receiver will deliver to the servos.

The stock esc has a built in bec I believe but once you leave stock and go to aftermarket systems be careful of rx voltage due to rx not having a bec.

This is my understanding if I'm wrong please let me know.
    Last edited by Briber; 02-27-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Wish there was a thread or something more informing

Hey General come out and playa. I was curios on what shock oil you have in the front and rear and roughly how low you have your shock collars for front and rear? Also you get that bearing that and get that beast back on the tar?

I also wanted to ask does the ESC fan turn on at a certain temperature or is it always on running?

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast