Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Yea for now lol didn't have time too paint anything and I'm impatient so I installed them as soon as I got home. The painted a arms and stuff I liked it, but after a few runs its scratched bad and cracking. So I'll probably just leave these parts original black. It's 80122 for this bumper 81002 is for the 2wd. Wheelie bar number is correct, I just installed my traxxas wheelie wheels instead of the plastic ones that come with the bumper

Newly installed mmx/2650kv, rpm mock intake, also shoe gooed my body. Pretty satisfied with it so far, have too say my p4de has came a long way from what it was 3 months ago.

RC Qualifier
    That is a slick looking truck. Almost makes me want one. I agree th ed new wheelie bar looks so much better.

Thanks, yea I'm liking this rpm bumper way better the stocker from the slash.

So had a stroke of good luck and I was able too buy a couple more upgrades. Ordered a set of losi ten shocks and tbr servo guard. Have too wait for them too arrive. Also sometime tmw before I go too work I will be going too my lhs too pick up a new charger along with a 4s battery and a sway bar kit as well. This thing should hopefully be in the high 60s if I can keep it planted on the road

Well parts finally arrived, just installed new losi ten shocks. There really nice I like them a lot, installed new body posts as well too replace my ruined ones, which is why my body is sitting so high. Will cut them soon and lower my body back where I had it.

RC Qualifier
    Have you ran the new shocks yet? Did they change the ride height any?

Have not ran them yet, ride height is still the same.

Tried out the losi shocks today, they work really well. These shocks along with the sway bars have improved handling on my p4de tremendously.

Installed a tbr servo guard today, seems like this piece would really come in handy for protecting the servo and steering linkages.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    Also has bearing adapter, traxxas aluminum motor mount, along with the traxxas motor plate. Here is the picture when I first brought it home.
    did you not like the color scheme on this body?
    i am thinking about this color scheme right now. Or should i choose the all black body.

Quote Originally Posted by frugalman View Post
    did you not like the color scheme on this body?
    i am thinking about this color scheme right now. Or should i choose the all black body.
    Color was fine I liked it, I just like the General Lee better .

RC Enthusiast
    Truck is looking awesome! GeneralPede01 Mkes me want to upgrade all parts without them being broke. lol
    ....what is this?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBrooklyn View Post
    Truck is looking awesome! GeneralPede01 Mkes me want to upgrade all parts without them being broke. lol
    Thanks a lot, when this body gets destroyed thinking of doing a black General Lee body. Nothing wrong with upgrading before it breaks, if you have the funds I'd say go for it haha.

Been wanting too try these for sometime and finally bought some. Proline adjustable body mounts with screw caps, install went smooth as butter and really liking these screw on caps. Not sure how well they will hold up, guess I'll find out tmw. I have it set on the lowest setting.

So hit a pesky mailbox today and lost one of the screw caps, guess I didn't have it on tight because my others are fine and haven't had any problems, so anyone running these make sure you tighten your caps up good. Also would like to thank el sob for this mod, it is working very well in helping keep the rear diff bearing clean.
    The tbone servo guard is holding up well and doing its job, my fan and heatsink will be here sat, will post pics once I get that installed.

So got the new heatsink and fan installed, I guess it's ok. Kinda expected more out of it, the fan doesn't really blow much air through there for how big it is. I modified it too where I can snap it on and off instead of having too pull the motor out too install it, if I didn't modify it I really don't see no way it would work. When you slide it over the motor there's no way you could even get the motor bolt in there at all without having too cut a lot of the side of it off. More than likely I'll pull it off eventually but for now I'll leave it on there since it makes it look like my motor is black. Anyway here's some pics.
    Found these online rpm makes them, not really a upgrade, but I thought it was hilarious. More of a gag than anything.

RC Qualifier
    I told my wife I was going to put a set of those on my Rusty. She just gave me the stink eye.
    Stampede 4x4/Slash 4x4/Xmaxx/Alias/GT

RC Qualifier
    Did you try plugging the fan into different ports in the receiver box? Seems like some will make my fan go faster than others, maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tallj2000 View Post
    I told my wife I was going to put a set of those on my Rusty. She just gave me the stink eye.
    Most of them will lol mine thought they were hilarious as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Did you try plugging the fan into different ports in the receiver box? Seems like some will make my fan go faster than others, maybe I'm wrong.
    I didn't try that, I will try that later. I've already pulled it off and will probably leave it off for now. Seems too me that this heatsink/ fan would be better for the castle motors that don't have fins on them.

So when I was getting my wires ready for when I was going to install my lcg receiver box I got in a hurry and sleeved them before my box arrived. Which resulted in me sleeving them too far, I forgot that I need too leave some of the wire exposed so I could stuff the wires in the box. I had too cut a lot of the sleeve off when my box arrived which resulted in it looking like this.
    It's been this way for awhile now and has been bugging me since day one, but haven't had time too redo lately due too me enjoying the new combo so much haha. So tonight I decided too redo it, and here's the finished result. Looks so much nicer now.
    Also went ahead and done my esc battery wires as well.
    Was bored and dug my stock body out of the closet. Last time this body was on here was when the stock motor was in it, wanted too see what it looked like on here, since it has been upgraded extensively since last time it was on.

I guess you are a slayer fan??

My new stampede 4x4

No not really lol why do think that?

RC Competitor
    I like. I have the same body and trenchers

Thanks, I don't run this body though I just wanted too see what it looked like. I did have trenchers as well, but they have a home on my gf slash now.

So traded my lhs my old 3s battery for a brand new 72 Chevy body couple days ago. Just dropped it off at the paint shop earlier, gonna be running a black general lee body soon.

So had a little spare time and finished wrapping up the motor wires with expanding sleeve. All wires are now completely sleeved and look fantastic.

Welcome to the addiction. At least it for it is so far. Had mine 2 months now and love it. Your truck is really cool!
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Thanks it's a awesome rig.

RC Qualifier
    Can't believe somebody is welcoming you to the addiction, you've probably already been to rehab.

Haha I may need it. My lhs let me borrow his ofna street tires, along with some losi street buggy tires. Gonna see if I can get more than 64mph out of her. Also got him too order me a set of 3.2 revolvers with swampers and those will be my new off-road tire combo.

RC Qualifier
    I like the chrome Revolvers with 2.8 tires, best looking combo I've seen. Too bad nobody sells any premounted 2.8s with 17mm wheels other than the black desperadoes.

I like the chrome Revolvers with 2.8 tires, best looking combo I've seen. Too bad nobody sells any premounted 2.8s with 17mm wheels other than the black desperadoes.
    I wanted the chrome ones, but his distributor doesn't carry them anymore and I'm impatient so went ahead and got the black ones. I'll be running closed cell foams along with taping them as well. That should take care of the ballooning. Indeed I wish we had more options with premounted 2.8 wheels in 17mm.

Here's a couple pics of my p4de with the tires my lhs let me borrow for speed runs. First up is the losi buggy on road tires
    Here's the ofna street tires.
    Size difference between the losi and ofna
    As I expected the buggy tires balloon a pretty good bit, the ofnas on the other hand at wot on 4s there is very very minimal ballooning so I will be using these.

My new stampede 4x4

So since I'm impatient I decided too go try these ofnas out at 1:40am with no light except my bumper lights. These tires are excellent, it's drives like its on rails and was very stable. Best I could do was 53mph and that was 3/4 throttle geared 17/54. Ended up crashing in the ditch full of mud after hitting a road reflector that made me lose control and also the road was wet so that didn't help either lol So decided too call it a night before I ended up crashing again and messing something up. Will try this again tmw in the daytime when I can actually see, it should be close or maybe a little over 60mph with this gear.
    I will learn my lesson one day about trying speed runs at night.

RC Qualifier
    I was curious how those wheels would look and perform. I've looked at sets on eBay dozens of times for speed runs but they never tell you what sizes they are and I get tired of asking questions. I wonder how much speed you will lose due to the Ofnas being so short.

Not real sure as I never gps'd 4s on 17/54 so I can't compare, but I know 20/52 I hit 64mph with the swampers but it wasn't topped out and I couldn't hold it in the road due too the ballooning. I'm sure if I gear back up too 20/52 I can surpass 64mph due too me being able too actually keep it on the road now. Which wheels were you curious about?

Well my speed run bug has ended, put it back to the off road setup now. Can't wait for my revolvers too get here. I have to say I'm impressed with my p4de, the crashes that have happened during the past couple days from speed running, where the type of crashes that as you watch it happen all you can think is(man this is gonna cost a lot of money), but I didn't break a single part. Only damage that occurred was more scratches and road rash to my body. Here's a pic comparing the swamps to the buggy tires I used.

RC Qualifier
    Swampers definitely look more at home but I intend on doing exactly what you have and get some wheels and tires just for speed runs except I'll be on the 2400kv until it goes out. I'm gonna go with the Swampers on chrome Revolvers eventually.

Swampers definitely look more at home but I intend on doing exactly what you have and get some wheels and tires just for speed runs except I'll be on the 2400kv until it goes out. I'm gonna go with the Swampers on chrome Revolvers eventually.
    Indeed they do ha, those dynamite speed threads like I used would be great, and their not that expensive. Can get a complete set on eBay for under 40 bucks. I wanted the chrome revolvers, but went with black since he couldn't get the chrome ones. It'll be a lot easier too put my wheel nut on with those wheels.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast