Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Do you keep the 20/52 for off road?
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    I run 18/52 off road, only had it geared 20/50 for the speed runs.

Boy do I love parts day, got my revolvers and swampers today. Trimmed the tires and modified the rims at work.
    Taped them and starting the glueing process now, hope all goes well. This is what they will look like.

Here they are glued, they look really great. Would have been even better in chrome but maybe next time. Will mount them sometime tmw

I like those! Was wondering on the speed runs you did, were you running with the GenLee body when you had the wipe out?
    Last edited by Briber; 12-16-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    I like those! Was wondering on the speed runs you did, were you running with the GenLee body when you had the wipe out?
    Yes that's the only body I run for bashing or speed runs. I have a new body at the paint shop not sure when I'll get it though.

That stinks! That's a nice body to destroy! I'm going to buy 2 bodies, one to put LEDs in and keep nice the other I'm going to reinforce with drywall tape & shoe glue, as explained in another thread, to bash with. How much and where did you get those wheels and tires? I really like the look. How much modification did you have to do to get them to work?

So had errands too run today and don't have time to install before I go to work, but managed to get one on, they look great will post pics once I get all of them on.

That stinks! That's a nice body to destroy! I'm going to buy 2 bodies, one to put LEDs in and keep nice the other I'm going to reinforce with drywall tape & shoe glue, as explained in another thread, to bash with. How much and where did you get those wheels and tires? I really like the look. How much modification did you have to do to get them to work?
    It is a nice body, but I have a new body getting painted like the general lee now, it'll be black instead of orange. I got my lhs to order them for me they are 3.2 revolvers stablemaxx offset with 2.8 swampers. You have to trim the tire and take off the outer lip on the wheels. Just look up 3.2 revolvers on 2.8 wheels, there's a bunch of threads with detailed instructions on how to do it.

Thanks for the info, can't wait to see the new body! How much does it run ya for custom paint jobs?

40 bucks for the one I'm getting painted bow

Finally home from work and got all of them installed. Have to say they look so much better than the f-11's and it's also easier to get the wheel nut off as well. I still wish that I coulda got the chrome ones, but the black wheels look good their growing on me, just have to wait and see what they look like when I get the black general body on here.

Well here she is with the new body, still have to shoe goo the body but here's what it will look like.

RC Qualifier
    Good looking body, good thing is you won't see one identical to it unless somebody copies it.

Yea I rarely see any general lee bodies, have only seen a couple and none in black. I'm gonna install a mock intake on this one as well, along with getting some more generalpede stickers made. Probably won't be bashing with this one quite yet lol will be a shelf queen for now until I destroy the other one .

That is super sick! I want one lol! Man its giving me the itch to break out the ole airbrush kit!!!
    Last edited by Briber; 12-18-2015 at 12:09 PM.

That is super sick! I want one lol! Man its giving me the itch to break out the ole airbrush kit!!!
    Thanks I'm liking it a lot, wish I could airbrush instead of having to get other ppl to do it.

The price you told me is good tho, if I were to do it I would charge way more. I tend to be picky so it takes me a long time when I draw, paint or airbrush from starting over or keep correcting things I don't like! The finished product is sweet! Those wheels in chrome wouldn't look as good as everything blacked out, imo.

Yea the price was good was shocked that's all it cost. I'm a chrome man myself I would take chrome wheels over black anyday, but to each his own lol black wheel have grown on me a little bit. Still prefer chrome though.

So had some time on my hands last night and went ahead and did the shoe goo mod. Let it sit overnight and masked the windows off and sprayed the inside back black again. Had some extra stickers left over from the motor combo and my gf's slash body, so added a couple stickers to it.
    Was looking through her sticker sheet and seen these and since that is my last name I figured why not lol cut the name part out and put them on the windows.
    Got the new mock intake painted and ready to install, but have to wait till I get my brothers dremel before I can install it its just sitting on there at the moment to see what it will look like.
    Removed these from the old body as well, figured I might as well put these on too.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-21-2015 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Removed image containing inappropriate content.

Comparing the new body to the old one. I turn my back for one second and someone decides they have to be in the pic as well.
    I still have to get my generalpede stickers made for the windshield and back glass just like I have on the old body along with getting general lee stickers that will go on the bed of the truck since I didn't get them put on the roof of the truck. This body is still gonna be a shelf queen for a little while, but I'm preparing it for when it will be called into duty so it will be up to the task. Will post pics once I get the other stickers installed, will probably be a few days before I get those.

RC Qualifier
    Looks good, thought you were cool when you had the ball python in the pics, the redtail takes you to another level. One of the prettiest large constrictors to me. I've always liked the green tree pythons or emerald tree boas but have heard they never tame very well and will always bite.

Thanks it's coming along nicely, that one is the highest level I'm taking it too lol have no experience with the others, but have heard the same thing.

Sweet truck G-Pede, working on a few body mods myself right now. I'll post my pics when I get done. Where did you get the blower? I have a Ridemakerz rc car that has a engine & blower on it I was going to chop up and put on my p4de but I like the one you have.

Thanks man, it's a rpm mock intake part number is RPM7314. It's comes in chrome or black. Only like ten bucks.

So tried out my revolvers today for the first time, which resulted in epic fail. Both back ones came unglued and caused me to crash in a pond, good thing my electronics are waterproof. So after cleaning it I now have to find a different type of tire glue and break all 4 back down get them cleaned and prepped and try again.

That totally stinks! Sorry to hear that.

I know, I still have my f-11s I can run till I get the revolvers straightened out.

RC Qualifier
    Did you swap over to a steel spur yet?

Na I have no reason to swap to a steel spur gear.

RC Qualifier
    Thought you mentioned doing it earlier. Didn't get out of the throttle early enough while doing a flip and stripped the spur the time I hit the ground. I know people will say mesh wasn't right but it's been set like it is through the last 20 packs with no issues. Feel like it's the last weak link, only plastic left in drivetrain with exception of the wheels of course.

Lol Na I haven't mentioned that, if one of my posts did say metal spur it would have to be a typo. I will keep my spur plastic just in case it gets in a bind or something. That way it'll strip the spur instead of damaging something more expensive. If I upgrade to a metal spur, then it will move my weak link elsewhere. I've had over 12 4s packs, along with bunch of 3s packs as well on my 54T spur and it still looks good as new.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah after a little searching I'm gonna stay away from it, especially since I bash alot. Looks like alot of people trash even XO1 differentials with the metal spur.

That's why I stayed away lol some ppl have good luck with them, but I'm not risking it. Even if I do happen to strip one, I'm only ten min away from my lhs so no biggie. If I had a strictly speed running rig, then maybe I'd run a metal spur but other then that I'm staying away.

Round 2 Fight!!!!!

Tires are reglued and their on there really well, I believe their gonna hold this time. Also got my stickers today and finished installing the intake. Here's the finished product.

Tried out the tires and they held up. Held it in the air and floored it to see how much they ballooned and after that, my left rear tire is really round now while the other 3 are normal. Does anyone know what is wrong?

RC Qualifier
    Man another hangup? Been planning on doing the same thing but gets discouraging seeing all the crap you are going through with them. I know we have to learn sometime but it sucks that there aren't some more premount options available. Hope it works out for you.

Was my fault it happened when I did this, I shouldn't have done it.
    The glue is holding up fine this time, think maybe the tape came loose or something not sure, will find out when I get this tire off the wheel.

I'm curious were did you get that lid? I'm loving it and am dying to have one. You know what they say if they hate it then they need a history listen.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast