Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFTCHX View Post
    I'm curious were did you get that lid? I'm loving it and am dying to have one. You know what they say if they hate it then they need a history listen.
    Which one the black one or orange one?

The Orange lid just like the dukes and miss daisy.

Orange one I bought off eBay someone painted it, black general lee I just had custom painted

how or how can I go about getting it like yours then? I'm still some what new at this around a year or so and I have a p4de and to have it set up like yours would be great. my two daughters love the lid and the hobby/sport and I feel it'd keep them more interested in it.

The orange one I just got lucky and found it on eBay, I bought it as soon as I seen it. Have yet too see another one like it on eBay. There's a guy at our mall that does custom airbrush work, he's the one who painted my black one for me. If you have anyone local that does custom paint work you could buy a clear body and have them paint it or if your skilled at painting you could do it yourself. Those are pretty much your only options if you want a general lee body, well worth it though .

Would be nice too see more ppl running that paint scheme haha!!!

So have the tire in a container with acetone, so hopefully it a couple days I'll have the tire fixed and ready to go

Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Man another hangup? Been planning on doing the same thing but gets discouraging seeing all the crap you are going through with them. I know we have to learn sometime but it sucks that there aren't some more premount options available. Hope it works out for you.
    cpstack, I agree with ya!
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Have to remember there are plenty of ppl who have done this same wheel/tire combo with no problems at all. The tires are holding up well this time, I just messed up the one from holding it in the air at wot.

My new stampede 4x4

Issue is resolved, turns out the tire was just full of air. Soon as I broke the bead on one side of the tire the air came out and the tire went back to the way it's supposed to be. Cleaned it up and reglued it, so should be good to go now.

RC Qualifier
    Didn't sound like full throttle in video but didn't look like they were ballooning too bad. Nice and balanced too or appeared to be. I'm still going to give the same combo a shot, finally fixing to order a 3s this weekend I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Didn't sound like full throttle in video but didn't look like they were ballooning too bad. Nice and balanced too or appeared to be. I'm still going to give the same combo a shot, finally fixing to order a 3s this weekend I hope.
    They balloon a little bit, but a lot of less than the untaped swampers. When these balloon instead of being round, they stay flat it's crazy. Well your gonna love 3s, will have to learn how to drive the rc again when you slap that in there. What 3s did you decide to go with?

RC Qualifier
    Plan on a SPC 6500mah. Ready to get it, not bored with the 2s by any means but could use a little more speed.

Should get a good runtime with that one, my traxxas 6400 lasted close to a hour depending on my driving. It was my favorite battery on 3s, but can't use it anymore. I have a smc 5000 have had good luck with it so far. Yea once you go 3s the 2s will probably not get used much anymore lol

My new stampede 4x4

Weather here has just been nasty lately and it's suppose to be really bad tonight, but before its gets bad I was able to test out the revolvers again. Did a few wot passes on the road and so far their holding up great this time. Also drilled a couple vent holes in each tire to prevent them from trapping any air in them again.

So was bored and did not wana wait till the weather was dry to put this new tire setup to the test. So me and the gf headed to the mall to bash around for a bit, her session was cut short due to a front wheel flying off, but I did run a full 4s pack with lots of wot passes and full throttle take offs. Here's wot from a standing start on 4s and this is also why my roof is almost gone as well haha!!!
    Some wot passes, my glue job seems to be holding well this go around.

Just a couple little character blemishes, no big deal ;-). Nice runs, I did the same in church parking lot to show wife and daughters how fast mine was. I loved drifting with it! At 3/4 throttle I blip wot and turn steering, breaking tires loose, on a gentle slope causing a long drift. So fun! What pinion and spur is in that setup?

Yea but can't take too many more character blemishes before I'll have to start tuning that other body haha. Mine is geared 18/52

Wow that thing looks fast! Looks very controllable too.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

Quote Originally Posted by JerrysMaxx View Post
    Wow that thing looks fast! Looks very controllable too.
    Yea the taped tires made a huge difference. With the other swampers even with closed cell foams after around 55mph they would start ballooning pretty bad making it hard to control. With the swampers on the revolvers I have closed cell foams along with being taped and they balloon a little bit but not much. When they do balloon instead of being round it keeps a flat profile making it a lot easier to control at higher speeds.

hey boss its me again. I was re-reading your thread and curious on what you have wrapping up your esc wires and other wires and where you got it. I'm lookin to clean up my stampede and make it semi like yours, if that's kewl. I have to say love the vids and love the black lid even more. but what kind of wrapping is that over all your wires and whered you get them?

Also does it matter if you have the castle shroud fan opening facing the front or the rear? I always figured to face it to the front for air flow. am I wrong on that? you seem more experienced and I'm looking for advice from you and others. but should does the direction matter of the opening of the shroud, weather it be facing towards the front of the p4de of towards the rear of the p4de?

It's called expanding sleeve, just type that in on eBay and it will pull it up. It's cheap and easy to use. As for the esc I don't really think it matters which way you have it pointing. I chose to have mine mounted like it is because the wires come out the back and I was doing my best too have them hidden.

okie dokie. do you think a hardware store would carry that sleeve? the wife wont let me use our cards online due to all the fraud and its happened to us once already. itd be nice if some store did? on that setup if you wanted could you get a y-harness and hook up two 2s lipos to it to make 4s?

Honestly I have no clue lol if anyone were to have it in stock your best bet would be a audio store that sell subs and amps. Yes you can run 2 2s lipos in series to get 4s. I just chose to get a 4s battery because I only have one 2s lipo and my gf uses it in her slash.

My new stampede 4x4

So did some maintenance on the p4de today, oiled a few bearings that needed attention and cleaned it up. My esc mount broke yesterday, so had too make a new one. I used a nice piece of lexan I had laying around it's much thicker than the thin little piece of sheet metal that I originally used. If someone makes a mount similar too mine I would suggest using a thicker piece of sheet metal than what I used. Also rebuilt my slipper clutch and had too replace a rear ring gear because there were a few teeth that were messed up. Here's the new mount along with me removing all sticker on the esc so now it's completely black.

gotcha. thanks for the help man. keep up the info please.

radio shack you think you be worth going to?

how on earth do you post photos man?? I'm dying to put my p4de up on here. its been a year in the making and I cant figure out how to put a profile photo or post photos. can you help me?

how on earth do you post photos man?? I'm dying to put my p4de up on here. its been a year in the making and I cant figure out how to put a profile photo or post photos. can you help me?
    Taptalk is easiest and its free if you use a smartphone to post

Gpede did you check out my speed runs in my thread? What's the biggest spur we can put in stock housing?
    Last edited by Briber; 12-27-2015 at 11:43 PM.

What he said^. I use tapatalk for posting everything on here threads, photos, etc.

RC Qualifier
    I run 22/50 in my stock housing with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Taptalk is easiest and its free if you use a smartphone to post

Gpede did you check out my speed runs in my thread? What's the biggest spur we can put in stock housing?
    Just watched them nice runs. Biggest spur I've heard of someone fitting in a p4de is a 56T, but if your wanting more top speed you want a smaller spur not bigger.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    Tried out the losi shocks today, they work really well. These shocks along with the sway bars have improved handling on my p4de tremendously.
    Are these shocks a lot tougher than the stock shocks? My son in law and grandson both have stock shock still and on crashes such as cart wheeling the tops pop off the shock all too often.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoXXX View Post
    Are these shocks a lot tougher than the stock shocks? My son in law and grandson both have stock shock still and on crashes such as cart wheeling the tops pop off the shock all too often.
    Haven't had any issues with them, have had numberous crashes ranging from slow to over 60mph and they haven't broke; nor have the caps popped off. If you upgrade to aluminum shock caps they should solve your issue.

RC Competitor
    So did some maintenance on the p4de today, oiled a few bearings that needed attention and cleaned it up.
    What are you using to get the oil inside of the bearings? I would like to be able to do this as we take our cars to the beach a lot and you know what salt water will do! Thanks.

RC Competitor
    Haven't had any issues with them, have had numberous crashes ranging from slow to over 60mph and they haven't broke; nor have the caps popped off. If you upgrade to aluminum shock caps they should solve your issue.
    What did the Losi shocks run you if you don't mind me asking?

I use a razor blade( hobby knife works well too) to pop off the blue seals, I clean the bearings out then fill them up with 10K diff fluid and put the seals back on it.

radio shack you think you be worth going to?
    No problem with helping man, not sure if RadioShack would have that or not doesn't hurt to try though.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoXXX View Post
    What did the Losi shocks run you if you don't mind me asking?
    Right at 50$, I bought them off eBay.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast