Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoXXX View Post
    What did the Losi shocks run you if you don't mind me asking?
    Right at 50$, I bought them off eBay.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    I use a razor blade( hobby knife works well too) to pop off the blue seals, I clean the bearings out then fill them up with 10K diff fluid and put the seals back on it.
    OK cool I didn't know you could R&R those seals, thanks!

RC Competitor
    Right at 50$, I bought them off eBay.
    Would you happen to have a part number? Thanks again!

There's a video on YouTube that shows how, it's where I learned how. Type in losi ten rally shock on eBay and it'll pull them up.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoXXX View Post
    OK cool I didn't know you could R&R those seals, thanks!
    I'll be darned look what I found LOL.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_yhucQjFBg

Yep that's the one I watched.

RC Competitor
    There's a video on YouTube that shows how, it's where I learned how. Type in losi ten rally shock on eBay and it'll pull them up.
    That's funny I found it then saw this! Thanks again.

No problem.

So finally got to test out the new setup off-road earlier. They held up to street testing which included wot standing start launches, top speed passes, etc. Went off-road today put 2 full 4s lipo packs through it and the tires are holding up fine, so guess I did ok for my first glue job. They were worth it, truck looks fantastic with these wheels. My gf was bashing with me as well, and I flipped over and she tried to rescue me without having to do the walk of shame and then this happened.
    She got stuck on my p4de trying to flip me over so had to do the walk of shame anyway haha!!!

So finally got to test out the new setup off-road earlier. They held up to street testing which included wot standing start launches, top speed passes, etc. Went off-road today put 2 full 4s lipo packs through it and the tires are holding up fine, so guess I did ok for my first glue job. They were worth it, truck looks fantastic with these wheels. My gf was bashing with me as well, and I flipped over and she tried to rescue me without having to do the walk of shame and then this happened.
    She got stuck on my p4de trying to flip me over so had to do the walk of shame anyway haha!!!
    Lol. Nice I tried that before with my brothers vxl and it didn't work either :-). Those do look good on there!
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

It usually works just not this time haha. Thanks

It usually works just not this time haha. Thanks
    You'll have to post video and share the wisdom of how to do it. My bro kept whining about how its new and don't want to scratch it and blah blah blah, big baby(while my truck had countless character blemishes)! Lol

Usually if I flip she just drives over and hits the side and it'll flip back over normally.

RC Qualifier
    If they have babies I want the pick of the litter please. Should be a beast.

Haha, sure thing might be hard trying too tame one though!!!

ok kewl. tapa talk now is that for a computer to? I have a old school flip phone still.

I believe it's for smartphones only, but not 100% on that.

alrighty man gotcha. that's awesome you and your old lady rcing. I bought mine her own stampede 4x4 and upgrades and she feel out of it. you don't mind me asking what do you do to keep your girl into it and having fun?

Quote Originally Posted by NOFTCHX View Post
    alrighty man gotcha. that's awesome you and your old lady rcing. I bought mine her own stampede 4x4 and upgrades and she feel out of it. you don't mind me asking what do you do to keep your girl into it and having fun?
    I'm just one of the lucky ones that found someone that likes the same crazy stuff I do lol

fair enough. KEEP AHOLD OF HER MAN. wish I had that luck instead of wasting about a grand on everything, Good for you,

Man that's a bummer hate to hear that.

gotta look up though could always be worse. but you give me hope. do u ever shop through hobbyetc.com?

True, Na 95% of my shopping is at my lhs, and the other 5% is on eBay. I rarely order online unless it's something my lhs can't get.

gotta look up though could always be worse. but you give me hope. do u ever shop through hobbyetc.com?
    I buy from cheapest place possible, unless I need it now then lhs. I have not ordered from that specific site yet.

alrighty gotch ya'll. hobby etc is my lhs but they also tell me 80 percent or so is online and I know for a fact their prices are cheap compared to hobbytown u.s.a or other lhs I've been to or went online to see. I'm right there with ya Briber on cheapest as possible. soon or later your gonna break it so cheapest the better. Briber how long you been in the hobby? what models do you run?

General and Briber what diff oils do you guys run in the front and rears? also would you guys mind telling me your shock lengths front and rear from eyelet to eyelet?

Main reason I buy as much as possible from my lhs is because if I need something he can order it and it'll be here within two days, he usually discounts stuff for me so the majority of the time his prices are the same as online or even better and if I need something during the week and don't have the cash, he lets me go ahead and get it and pay him that Friday when I get paid. I've walked out of their with almost 100$ in parts and didn't have to pay till i got cash. So I'll support my lhs as much as possible since he's so good to me. I run 50k front/rear, not sure what the shock lengths are. All I know is their stock losi ten scte shocks.

man you lucked out with you lhs. I've spent a few thousand after these years and I still need a credit card for them to hold a part for me if I call in, even though ive been going there for years. wow bs, wish I had your hobby store. do you find a big difference between the stock silicone oil and grease diffs compared to 50/50f/r? I was asking about the lengths cause I took mine apart to rebuild them and I have some other shocks from various companies and now I'm having a issue and I was hoping you and briber had a digital caliber to measure ya'lls. that's if either of ya'll didn't mind helping out a fella rcist.?

Yes I'm very thankful for my lhs, that sucks that even after you've spent that much money and they still act that way. I really didn't notice much difference, but if your strictly a basher having diff oil really isn't that important from what I've read, I just put oil in because when I put the xo-1 diffs in their I figured I'd just try some diff oil and see what happened. Some ppl use high weights like 100k and up to make the diff have more locking action. Wish I could help you more with the shocks I didn't measure mine nor do I have a caliber too measure. I just bought them and stuck them on their and ran them lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    man you lucked out with you lhs. I've spent a few thousand after these years and I still need a credit card for them to hold a part for me if I call in, even though ive been going there for years. wow bs, wish I had your hobby store. do you find a big difference between the stock silicone oil and grease diffs compared to 50/50f/r? I was asking about the lengths cause I took mine apart to rebuild them and I have some other shocks from various companies and now I'm having a issue and I was hoping you and briber had a digital caliber to measure ya'lls. that's if either of ya'll didn't mind helping out a fella rcist.?
    Front shocks 84mm
    Rear shocks 100mm
    Atleast that's what I've found on some sites.

I got the xo-1 diffs to. if I wanted would grease be an option? I just bash and once in awhile speed runs. ive read a lot of different things about diffs and I'm still uncertain about them. its nice to hear a persons first hand experience. no worries about the shocks. thank you for the info you have given.

nice man. thank Er33 ill start there. good looks, thank you.

I got the xo-1 diffs to. if I wanted would grease be an option? I just bash and once in awhile speed runs. ive read a lot of different things about diffs and I'm still uncertain about them. its nice to hear a persons first hand experience. no worries about the shocks. thank you for the info you have given.
    Grease should do just fine, a lot of folks just run grease. I used lithium automotive grease, I still use it to grease my ring gears. No problem on giving info, I still have a lot to learn. Guess you could say I'm still a noobie only had my p4de for 5 months now.

wow. ive been at this for alittle longer then that and you are extremely informal. I use white lithium all perpose grease on my ring and pinion gears in the diff, is that basically the same as what you use?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    nice man. thank Er33 ill start there. good looks, thank you.
    Your welcome

I also put lithium grease onmy ring and pinion gears. But I fill my diffs with 40 to 60 in front and 100 in rear. It seems to wheelie better with a heavier wt in back. Before it rocked side to side. Then I went to 100 and it was riding wheelies longer and straigh

I didn't know that. if I choose to go with a type of setup like that is there a greater chance of breaking parts due to thicker oil so more stress?

General and Briber what diff oils do you guys run in the front and rears? also would you guys mind telling me your shock lengths front and rear from eyelet to eyelet?
    I use stock 30k. I dont know lengths either. I'm a noobie only been a few months and I'm a P4de owner only. I really wanted the funny car but the tricks and jumps they were doing at the track sold me on the 4x4's. Being a cheap guy I went with the P4de brushed. Should've got the vxl like the wife wanted :-( but I'm having fun upgrading!
    Last edited by Briber; 12-31-2015 at 09:55 PM.

wow. ive been at this for alittle longer then that and you are extremely informal. I use white lithium all perpose grease on my ring and pinion gears in the diff, is that basically the same as what you use?
    Thanks I do my best, I believe it's pretty much the same. Some use white others use regular.

haha briber my wife said the same thing. I went with the brushed 4x4 to. it is fun upgrading and learning. now that I know about the different thicknesses and what is possible I'm going to experiment. I'm just glad also that what I do and use I'm not the only one.

Found this on a website and copied it for my own reference long time ago. Hope it helps ya in choosing diff fluid weights.

In the Front
    Thinner : Increases steering into corners (off-power) if oil is too thin the steering may become inconsistent, especially it can lose forward traction (and steering) during acceleration out of corners.

Thicker: Increases stability into corners during braking. Increases steering on-power at corner exit

In the Rear
    Thinner: Increases cornering traction.
    Increases steering into corner.

Thicker: Decreases rear traction while cornering. Reduces wheelspin.
    Last edited by Briber; 01-01-2016 at 07:12 AM.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast