Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    thanks man. I copied and pasted it for a future reference. it helps. my original question was the millimeter lengths for center of eyelet to center of eyelet. what you told me helps out greatly considering I live in new Hampshire. thank you

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    So stopped by my lhs today too pay off my balance and got a sweet deal on a set of glocs. He ordered the wrong ones, he meant too get the premounts but accidentally ordered just the tires by their self. So he sold me a new set of glocs for 20$, I couldn't pass it up. I ordered a set of chrome 3.2 revolvers too mount them on, also pick up a aluminum shock tower as well. Only got the rear since my front is still on back order but should have it within a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    he sold me a new set of glocs for 20$, I couldn't pass it up. I ordered a set of chrome 3.2 revolvers too mount them on, also pick up a aluminum shock tower as well.
    Nice score on the tires, You cant beat that!
    You doing the towers for just the bling factor or durability?
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

Quote Originally Posted by dave00bear View Post
    What's that part # on shock towers?
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Quote Originally Posted by dave00bear View Post
    Little bit of both, mostly wana see the durability. I have rpm on their now but my camber links bolts are bad about coming loose along with the shocks sometimes as well. When I crashed last weekend and messed up the front it ripped the camber link out and destroyed 3 out of the 4 adjustment holes, have the stock back on the front for now. I want too try the aluminum ones and use thread lock on it and see if that helps. I've seen mixed reviews on using aluminum towers but I'm not a extreme basher, I don't try too launch it into space or nothing lol so they should do fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    What's that part # on shock towers?
    6839x for the front and 6838x for the rear.

Installed rear tower, really nice piece hope it holds up well.

Sweet! What shocks are those? I like the blue, its my fav color, that's why I went with the met blue on body. I really like the orange colored parts I've seen. My next project will be orange. Problem is if I blue it out with bearing carriers, shock towers and all, when I do orange body I'll have to buy all orange stuff or put weaker black parts back on. I really like Chrysler's burnt orange color. The orange parts I've seen for our trucks reminds me of that color.
    Last edited by Briber; 01-16-2016 at 11:14 AM.

Losi ten scte shocks, orange is my favorite and since I'm running a orange and blue body everything still matches. The blue also goes well with my black body too, so no changing stuff for me lol orange and blue go together pretty well I would just leave the blue parts on their.

I'd say that body is toast! Do you have the back end still? Duck tape it on then it will be like the flaps on the back of the NHRA nitro funny cars that allow air to escape from under body, creating more aerodynamics lol.

I've already threw it away, wish I hadn't because I would have liked too do that lol. Oh well I'm gonna run it till it just falls apart.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The traxxas shock towers are nice. I have/had them on 3 of my vehicles. Actually run the xo1 towers on both my sons cars and I recently bought the strc towers for my car. I had those exact towers on my pede and they took one heck of a beating. I've landed on them many times attempting multiple flips 8+ feet in air.

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    The traxxas shock towers are nice. I have/had them on 3 of my vehicles. Actually run the xo1 towers on both my sons cars and I recently bought the strc towers for my car. I had those exact towers on my pede and they took one heck of a beating. I've landed on them many times attempting multiple flips 8+ feet in air.
    Good to hear, took it out today for a bashing session, held up fine and the camber links didn't back out like normal. Thanks for the feedback, my front one should be here this week. Why did you choose too go with strc towers this time?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good to hear, took it out today for a bashing session, held up fine and the camber links didn't back out like normal. Thanks for the feedback, my front one should be here this week. Why did you choose too go with strc towers this time?
    I have the strc gun metal bellcrank. So I though I should try something different and since I had to rebuild my speed rig. I figured I would try the strc shock towers and their center drive shaft both in gun metal. The shock towers are thicker as for oh well they are made I don't know yet haven't takin it out yet. It's to cold for my tires to get traction for speed plus I'm not done building. Just recieved my new castle XLX esc and my new chassis so it's not finished

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    I have the strc gun metal bellcrank. So I though I should try something different and since I had to rebuild my speed rig. I figured I would try the strc shock towers and their center drive shaft both in gun metal. The shock towers are thicker as for oh well they are made I don't know yet haven't takin it out yet. It's to cold for my tires to get traction for speed plus I'm not done building. Just recieved my new castle XLX esc and my new chassis so it's not finished
    Ah ok gotcha, you must be planning on doing 8s runs? What kinda speeds you looking too get?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

My new stampede 4x4

I've already broke 100. On video I have 107 on 6s. I need another motor to run 8s
    Here's what the front tower looks like

Wow my center shaft looks purple lol

That's awesome, I highly doubt I'll ever go 100. I managed too get 78 with weights on the front, but I lost those after I flipped and messed up my tired as well. I'm gonna make a new weight that I can zip tie too the front and run the g-locs and see if I can get 80. Those shocks towers are nice I like the gun metal grey, nice purple shaft you got there lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's awesome, I highly doubt I'll ever go 100. I managed too get 78 with weights on the front, but I lost those after I flipped and messed up my tired as well. I'm gonna make a new weight that I can zip tie too the front and run the g-locs and see if I can get 80. Those shocks towers are nice I like the gun metal grey, nice purple shaft you got there lol
    Lol. I know what it's from. The flash got the back side of my Poseidon motor it's purple

Haha it's cool, do you break many parts on 6s as far as the drivetrain goes, I would love too throw a 6s in mine just for laughs, but don't wana destroy my drivetrain.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not really only reason why I'm rebuilding is I was running down the street from my normal run spot and I hit a concrete block @75mph and ripped the front bulkhead off and it was on top of my chassis and bent a few aftermarket parts. I think I replace more rod ends on my turnbuckles then anything. I boil then run stock or proline a-arms and they hold up well with all the high speed cart wheels,flying. I just bought a set of flm aluminum arms going to see how those work out. I don't run rpm arms to flimsy and I don't run the tekno center shaft to wobbly at high speed

My new stampede 4x4

Yea crashes at high speeds tend too mess things up lol, I bet that was a crazy sight hitting concrete that fast. I figured 6s would tear up the drivetrain a lot. I'm running rpm arms still their holding up pretty well for me, I've only broke one and that was from a head on crash into a concrete slab. I had thought of running the teckno at one point but the stock aluminum shaft is doing just fine. How long do you boil your parts for?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Crazy yes I didn't think I messed a lot of stuff up saw a few small black pieces go flying. Was like well there goes my gps and foam front bumper lol. Um no battery , gps, rear bumper some of the front bumper front bulkhead lol. I couldn't find my battery till next day.

I boil the arms for 10 mins. Your rpm arms once you start seeing them sag and you will. Just remove them and boil them for more then 10 min. After you remove them put gloves on run them under some water to cool them down. While doing this you'll want to bend them back straight.

I feel you on that, I messed up a lot of stuff in the front on my crash, even cracked my lipo case, but was able too save the battery. Thanks I will keep that in mine for when mine start too sag.

Borrowed these buggy tires from my lhs, they look funny on the p4de, but their performance is excellent and their lightweight as well. I will probably buy a set too run for off-roading.
    I'm thinking it's almost time to retire this body.

These are in my other thread but wanted too update this one. New street tire setup taped glocs with closed cell foams on revolvers.
    My body is starting too look rough, but I'm determined too run it until I can't anymore. Gotta love cable ties, did some fixing on the bed before the fender gets ripped off.

Working on installing this little jewel now. 2200kv castle.

So got the 2200kv installed. Install went pretty smooth had too make a new receiver mount and dremel my driveshaft tunnel just a little bit more. Everything is still bolted down just like with the 2650kv, no glue or velcro. Here's some pics haven't tried it out yet.

Is that can that big or is the ESC to big to fit where receiver is at now?

The can is the same size as my 2650kv, the 2200kv is just longer so I had too use the stock stampede receiver box instead of the lcg slash receiver box that I was using.

RC Racer
    How did you install the esc fan on your orginail esc I have the 3340 fan it won't fit on the esc and there is no wire coming off the esc to hook up the fan

It snaps onto the esc and plugs into the esc. You should have a wire coming out the esc if you have the newer 4 pole vxl.

RC Racer

RC Racer
    That's what I got and I've had esc off no wire and that fan will not clip on it

RC Racer
    It's not the VXL it's just the normal 4x4

Ah there's your problem, that cooling fan is for a vxl-3s which is the brushless version. You have the brushed version.

RC Racer
    So I don't need a fan or do I need a differnt one I have one on the motor was not sure if that esc needed one

I'm not familiar with the brushed version, I would just keep a eye on temps. If your esc isn't running hot you will be fine. I don't run a fan on my 1/8 scale system on the motor. My esc came with one already on it though. How are your temps?

RC Racer
    Have not even run it yet just got it today spent all day installing all my mods lol new servo mip axles rpm arms shock caps spur gear tires and rims will be running it tomorrow

RC Racer
    Oh and aluminum suspension stuff to

I would just keep a eye on temps, like I said I'm not familiar with brushed electronics, if your stock geared you should be fine. From the looks of it I'm not sure you can run a fan, it looks like the esc is sealed.

RC Racer
    Ya I'll just return the fan tomorrow

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast