RC Racer

tekno steering block in aluminum??

is the an aluminum option that will work with the tekno axles? i seem to have broken the bottom screw mount out of 1 of the bearing carrier. I would really like to upgrade this to an aluminum carrier if possible? if not well i will have order the nylon replacement

RC Racer
    ok so after some digging i see that the XO-1 steering block is a direct replacement for the Tekno steering block. Do i also need the C-hub or will it fit into the tekno C-hub? As i dont want to place 2 orders.

Most people just buy the XO-1 steering blocks from chop shops on ebay and they come with the steering blocks and c-hubs. I am pretty sure everything is a direct fit and they work great with the Tekno axles. I was going to buy them myself because I broke the exact same screw hole you just broke. I decided to stick with the Tekno plastic and bought a few of the replacement sets just so I would have spares on hand. I regretted my decision ever since. LOL. The next week I broke the C-hub instead and, since I have so many plastic steering blocks sitting here I went with plastic C-hubs again. Overall it was still cheaper, but I don't know if it will all last as long as the aluminum ones will. I have no idea if people break the aluminum ones so I don't know how durable they are. I assume they must be pretty good because I just don't hear about them breaking.

I have had three Ultimate Edition Slash 4x4's. The aluminum in them is extremely sound! I have never had any problems with it. From my experience it would be a worth while investment.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Yep on both my slashes I did the x01 steering blocks as the tekno ones break. C hubs don't it need to be. Changed they give a nice flex point/ break point instead of bending aluminum.

You can use 6x11x4 bearings and go with stock or aluminum front carriers.
    I like the HR front knuckles so much I'm considering it for the PF8 just for looks.
    The rear are another story.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXACBC
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    I did get the steering block in aluminum and going to leave the C-hub plastic until it fails. I was able to find the steering block for the XO-1 for $11 off fleabay with free shipping,WOOHOO!! Tekno tech support said i will be able to use just the steering block and will be a direct replacement for theirs. hopefully this will be 1 less part ill ever need.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Realsickclown View Post
    I did get the steering block in aluminum and going to leave the C-hub plastic until it fails. I was able to find the steering block for the XO-1 for $11 off fleabay with free shipping,WOOHOO!! Tekno tech support said i will be able to use just the steering block and will be a direct replacement for theirs. hopefully this will be 1 less part ill ever need.
    Can I get the link? Or did they just have one set? I was just about to order some as mine are all worn out.

RC Racer
    there is one more but they raised the price a couple bucks
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221887206562...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    there is one more but they raised the price a couple bucks
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221887206562...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Thank you.

You do know the tekno stub shaft wont work with the XO-1 knuckle, you need an XO-1 stub axle.
    There was a fella that made hybrids and they had to be switched.

I'm going to research this but I'm pretty sure they had to be changed, seems tekno support would have mentioned it tho.
    I remember Hummery doing a complete tekno XO-1 hybrid setup that was perfect.
    This is somewhere on the rally forums.

I may have them confused with the rear carriers.

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/...psf7c073ba.jpg

This may have been a mod needed for the extended tekno bones also.
    I know its been a while but I figured for as long as the stock tekno last and as cheap as they are to replace what the heck.
    Well I wish you only the best, I want to replace my tekno fronts with the HR units and just swap the bearing but wonder about the axle fitting.
    I'll be waiting patiently to hear how it works out for you gentlemen.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 09-21-2015 at 02:25 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Billy the xo1 knuckles uses same inner and outer bearing as teknos. It should work, the rear carriers are a different story. And that hybrid was used to get extra length for the protrac arms. I have this on my sons lcg

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Billy the xo1 knuckles uses same inner and outer bearing as teknos. It should work, the rear carriers are a different story. And that hybrid was used to get extra length for the protrac arms. I have this on my sons lcg
    I understand the same inner bearing, this is why the hpi 6x11x4 outer bearings should fit the teknos with know problem.
    Sounds like it was the rear I had them mixed up with.
    I thought they said the stub axle was a different length.
    Thank you Er33.
    I'm pretty sure if the tekno teck says it will work I should be fine.
    I like the HR because thet have a top and bottom steering rod mount just like the tekno, that and it will match the front and rear bulk heads.
    I really dont know how you guys order all this stuff off the net.
    The HR rear bulk head wasn't in stock so I have to wait an extra week, if it was this way with everything I dont know that I'd last in this hobby.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I really dont know how you guys order all this stuff off the net.
    I'm just too lazy to drive to Hall Road and Van Dyke (Larry's) every time I need something. It's an awesome place, but from here, the drive is terrible. Hall Road is pure evil and traffic is NEVER smooth flowing on it, unless it's like 3am.

Then... the other one that's close by... the guy charges full MRSP for everything. That store is always dead... and there's only ever maybe 2 other people in the store. It's his business and he can charge whatever he wants, but it makes more business sense to me to sell 100 items a day and make $1000 profit, rather than selling only 20 items a day and only making a $300 profit.

Ohh... BTW... back on topic.

I'm going to try a different route here. I ordered RPM knuckles/steering blocks and the appropriate bearings. Going to see if the plastic on plastic is better for wear than metal on metal. My aluminum C-blocks are about shot.
    Last edited by matts175; 09-21-2015 at 05:40 PM.

RC Racer
    and here is where we get all mixed up , he said,she said,bla,bla,........ I am going by what tech support said is a exact replacement and if it is wrong I'll let ya know.

RC Racer
    ok so the tekno tech was correct .I used the XO-1 aluminum steering block and the tekno plastic C-hub everything worked just fine.