Thread: Cush drive?

Cush drive?

I was wondering if anyone is using it or has any experience with it.
    It looks as tho smaller spurs 31 thru 40 (I believe 46 is the included high speed spur), will have fit issues.
    I'm running a HR Super Duty right now as well as the HR double up on the MT, while either has been an issue the Cush drive interests me.
    That said I'm looking to go crazy with modifications I really dont need but rather just curious.
    Thank for any input.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I was going to try it but have heard and saw a difference in shaft length. The Cush drive shaft is shorter. I do know there is a difference in distance between the rear diff housing and the motor mount between the xo1 and rally. I had to cut the slipper shaft down to make it work when I was using the xo1 chassis with a slipper clutch instead of the Cush drive. Also I've seen the difference in size of spur gears. You can go so low with the cush drive being a 46 I think. Nothing else would work which is why I went with a slipper clutch. You migh get it to work if you got the xo1 center shaft and cut it to length. But again I don't know how well it would fit center bearing to diff pinion gear. Hope this helped

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    I was going to try it but have heard and saw a difference in shaft length. The Cush drive shaft is shorter. I do know there is a difference in distance between the rear diff housing and the motor mount between the xo1 and rally. I had to cut the slipper shaft down to make it work when I was using the xo1 chassis with a slipper clutch instead of the Cush drive. Also I've seen the difference in size of spur gears. You can go so low with the cush drive being a 46 I think. Nothing else would work which is why I went with a slipper clutch. You migh get it to work if you got the xo1 center shaft and cut it to length. But again I don't know how well it would fit center bearing to diff pinion gear. Hope this helped
    Sounds like a bunch of bologna for not much else then to say I did it.
    Well thats what I was wondering, thanks for the information my friend.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    yeah, stick with slipper clutch, I find the cush drive very aggressive specially when your always on the throttle most of the time and the cush has nothing to give other than will cushing