RC Enthusiast

Red face E-Marc's built thread

Hi guys ,

I'm Marc-Andre from Quebec in Canada, I don't post much on the forum and since I'm currently building an e-maxx I decided to creat a thread. I've owned several truck like the e-revo, savage flux, associated rival, kyosho kruiser. I don't know why but I always come back to maxxes and this will actually my 4th e-maxx build. 1st one had stock diff's, second had losi's and 3rd one had flm's. For this one I decided to go with UE ultralite diffs. I found a set on ebay but I think the diffs are from Kyosho and I'm not really diggin them so I'm currently waiting on Hpi Trophy buggy diffs.

I will be back in a few minute with pics!

Some pics !

This is the electronics I will be using

The beauties , UE Ultralites diff cases!

Will try the Monster Gt outdrives, I will be using traxxas CVDs and they like to pop out with the true track conversion.

MGT on the left, FLM in the middle, LOSI on the right

I will be using MadMax arms, looks like rpm knock offs, but I like how the shocks a mounted compared to the rpm ones and at like 30$ I decided to try them.

Never used the RPM bulkheads so decided to give them a shot. Redrilled to accept Monster Gt 4mm hinge pins since I bent some lunsford titanium ones for T/E-Maxx in the past.

Integy Titanium front skid, had good results in the past

I will keep you updated when I received new parts !
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-14-2015 at 08:04 AM. Reason: merge

Welcome E-Marc! Look forward to seeing the build!

love the diff cups.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like a solid platform can't wait to see it done
    slash 4wd upgraded

RC Enthusiast
    Looks like you got an ambitious build you got there

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks guys !

Shocks just arrived, losi 8ight.

More to come !

RC Qualifier
    8ight front or rear? And what shock towers? I'd like to know if you still get max up travel, aka the truck bottoms out before the shocks

RC Enthusiast
    Buggy rear or truggy front ( same lenght ) with FLM shock towers . More up travel than stock .

RC Enthusiast
    this is late but on your mad max rear a-arms wach the axcel mine has been knowen to drop out of the cup so I got a set of Drive cups, inner (2) Revo (steel constant-velocity driveshafts)/screw pin, M4/15(2) (for use only with 5333R adjustable wheelbase rear suspension arms) so far solved my problems just wanted to let you know I am new to this sport so forgive me if I am out of line

RC Enthusiast
    sorry I think I got a pic

RC Enthusiast
    Ok so I just finished building up front and rear end. Mad max arms fitted perfectly. Actually I like them better than Rpm, bearings fits way tighter in axle carriers. Compound look the same. Monster Gt diff outdrives looks like the way to go to prevent driveshafts from popping out and I have a lot of travel ! I installed stock maxx upper arms for better clearance with the buggy shocks. I fitted Mgt hinge pins for the upper ones and shortened savage for lower with custom hinge pin braces.

Some pics !

Last edited by e-marc; 10-11-2015 at 07:41 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Back into the hobby after many years. If you don't mind me asking. My Maxx has pivot balls on the upper and lower arm. What is that setup? Looks way better!! Looks like a Slash lower but with 2 shock mounts.

RC Qualifier
    The emaxx has a true track option for the rear, it eliminates the toe links and b.c of that this is how the axle carrier is attached

RC Qualifier
    The brands RPM and apparently Mad Max offer the true track