RC Enthusiast

Aluminum motor mount

Help! I can't decide between the Traxxas or King Headz aluminum motor mount. I plan to either run my 4-pole vxl motor on 2s or the ET-2400kv on 3s.

Also, is the Traxxas 6890X aluminum motor plate better than the stock aluminum motor plate?

Thanks!
    Last edited by tonyt76; 09-28-2015 at 08:38 PM.

A lot of guys are running these in the Slash 4x4:

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...SLF38X06;c=603

I have a King Headz in mine and am satisfied with it. Both use a larger bearing than the Traxxas. Hot Racing also makes a heat sink motor plate but I have no experience with it. Good luck!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    A lot of guys are running these in the Slash 4x4:

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...SLF38X06;c=603

I have a King Headz in mine and am satisfied with it. Both use a larger bearing than the Traxxas. Hot Racing also makes a heat sink motor plate but I have no experience with it. Good luck!
    Thanks so much!

RC Qualifier
    I would first check the motor temp for whatever set up you pick from the two. The VXL motor temp should not past 180 degrees (most people go by that). I don't know about the temp limit for the other one though. If the motor runs hot during or after each run then you should put money into reducing the temps like gearing down or a motor cooling fan.

An infrared temp gun is one of the most important things you need in this hobby. You can get a good one for $20 bucks.

My 2 cents on that.
    Last edited by SouperkNight; 09-28-2015 at 09:49 PM.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt76 View Post
    Thanks so much!
    You're welcome and welcome to the Traxxas forums! I don't have a Stampede but a lot of the upgrades from the Slash 4x4 apply to the Stampede as well. If you decide to do the 2400kv on 3s you'll love it!! Ran it in my Slash for a while....it's a ton of fun!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    Been doing research on this same topic, from what I've seen the Hot Racing one is the way to go. Saw several people mentioning premature bearing failure with the King Headz.

As for the motor plate, I have the same question you do. Don't see where the Traxxas upgrade or any of the aftermarket motor plates are that much different. Hopefully someone can fill us in.

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    I have the traxas aluminum motor mount. it looks great and it performs good. got it of ebay for like 24 euro. traxxas also has an 'upgrade' version of the motor plate. the upgrade one isnt different except its got like expossed metal to act like a heat sink. I already have that one just lying unopened.
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

RC Enthusiast
    I have both the newer Traxxas mount with the exposed metal and the King Headz mount. I just wasn't sure if the stock Traxxas bearing can hold up to 3S/2400kv bashing.

RC Enthusiast
    King Headz FTW!
    1900KV p4de!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyt76 View Post
    I have both the newer Traxxas mount with the exposed metal and the King Headz mount. I just wasn't sure if the stock Traxxas bearing can hold up to 3S/2400kv bashing.
    I have the traxxas motor mount along with the motor plate, only run 3s in my p4de and have yet too have a problem. I don't see a problem with going with the traxxas one, too me I believe it's more of a personal presence. I wanted the traxxas one because it matches my p4de it performs very well for me.

RC Enthusiast
    General, no issues with 3s and the ET-2400? What ESC are you using?

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    he is using the 4 pole vxl esc.
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM