RC poster

Question NiMh Partial Charge

I'm wondering if you can partially charge an NiMh battery without any negative effects. I have a 7 cell 3000 mAh Stock NiMH battery that comes with the Slash 4x4.

Should cause no issues as long as you are not always partially charge the battery.

RC Racer
    it only takes 45 minutes to charge it anyways , i dont like using partially charged batteries its more fun to have em fully charged
    Sla2h sv3 4600kv

RC poster
    i have 2 brand new 5000 mah 8.4v batteries. i charged them each at 3 amps and it only took about an hour to charge, if that even. is this normal? i'm new to RC and just want to make sure that is normal for them to charge that fast. i was expecting 4-6 hour charge time for each. Any help is appreciated

Run the batteries and see how long they'll last. It can take a few charges with new batteries until they take a full charge.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamon Creel View Post
    Run the batteries and see how long they'll last. It can take a few charges with new batteries until they take a full charge.
    thanks panamon- do brand new batteries come with a little charge in the battery already? That is the only thing that makes sense because they both charged in about the same amount of time.

yes there usually is a partial charge in them

RC poster
    hi, totally new in RC. Thx for all the people who keep this forum alive and kicking :-)
    Got trx batteries and yellowrc ones,,,(all 7-cell)
    Got also problem with not fully charging batteries, tho they are empty(mean can't driving anymore)! My charger is aYellowRC 50W multicharger. Sometimes when i try to charge a half-charged battery it continues to charge to full! But not always
    You are not prepared!
    Got the Upgrade-Virus!