Thread: XO-1 Revisions

RC Competitor

Question XO-1 Revisions

Hi All,

I'm thinking about buying a used XO-1 off gumtree. Was just wondering if there is anything I need to look out for. For example, in the Slash 4x4, traxxas upgraded the from a 2 pole motor and esc to a 4 pole motor/esc and changed to a lcg chassis. I don't want to buy a used xo-1 that has old parts in it. I mean...old when it was bought, not used-old.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would order a high gear aluminum drag link. The stock one is flimsy imo. Other that slap your batteries in and take it for a spin. Once you have a feel for it and want to go faster just unlock the esc through the traxxas link app and change pinion and off you go. Some of us has stiffen up the front spliter or bumper cause the sides tend to bend and drag on the road.

RC Competitor
    Do you only have to unlock it once or every time you drive it? Traxxas says it takes 6s. Does it mean two 3s batteries or two 6s?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by theunliked View Post
    Do you only have to unlock it once or every time you drive it? Traxxas says it takes 6s. Does it mean two 3s batteries or two 6s?
    Unlock once.
    Two 3s batteries will make 6s with how the esc battery wires are setup (in series)